K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

WOW!

I was away on vacation the last few weeks. And then everything happened!

Tao left EXO (sob! Apparently he is in the US right now where he is going to study at get some treatment for his injuries). I feel burned out from all the people leaving EXO tbh. All I know is that I love them, this is my bias group, I love the Exodus album(What If is still my favourite song) and long may they reign because they are still a phenomenon.

Bastarz are awesome and their vampire mv made me lmao.

Out of the two releases from Big Bang so far, I find the Loser mv by far the better one. It was like a mini movie and TOP's part in it almost made me tear up. However, as jams go, Bae Bae is the catchier song. Some of it feels very GD tho, almost too GD, too Pretentious GD Trying to Be Ironic and Arty. IA with you Cheap that Taeyang's and TOP's parts are the standouts. Though Taeyang needs to burn that horse's hair wig he was sporting, and TOP squirting white liquid at that girl? What are you smoking TOP?? His Instagram is also um, unique, shall we say. LOL.

Seungri looks so hot with the blonde hair and I honestly NEVER thought about him that way.

Casper... hmmmm. OK, his body is hot but like AllMyDays I am unable to connect to him atm. I'm not sure why. The face is kind of closed off. Maybe I need to see more of him in movement and shirtless, lol...

SHINEE!!!! Omg Cheap. I decided a few weeks back that this would be the year that I get into this group. I love Lucifer and Everybody. I keep hearing that their Misconceptions album is their best, so I will check it out. It looks like a comeback is planned for them this year because Tony Testa (the choreographer who did Overdose for EXO) posted on IG that he was with them working, and that usually means a fancy new routine for a fancy new song and mv!

You are officially a Shawol, Cheap. I will go check out more of their stuff and we can spazz on here about them.

• Members

Damn, so its official that Tao left? I havent read up on them since my last post. Exodus seems to have been a metaphor for the mass exodus of EXO-M sad.png

Im still not a fan of Taeyang's hair but Im glad its at least not blonde anymore, bc this same style in blonde was so much worse.

I JUST finished watching SHINee's 2014 Japan SHINee World Concert : http://kpopexciting.blogspot.com/2015/05/live-150429-m-on-live-shinee-world.html

Needless to say, it was an amazing show and reconfirmed my newfound love for them. At first I"m Your Boy was my favorite album of theirs, then it was Boys Meet U, but now its definitely Chapter 2 of the Misconception album. I really dig the sound of it. The best song off that is Excuse Me, Miss and its too bad they never performed it live

Shine (Medusa I) is also really good as is Dangerous and Evil. So many standouts to be found here. I didnt post Dream Girl but I was obsessed with that track from the 1st part of the album.

2013, was also a big year for them. They released 2 parts of that 3rd album and came back with a 5th mini album. They ended up winning the highest honor at the MelOn Music Awards that year for Artist of the Year. I know I shouldnt laugh, but they had me dying in this clip. It was cute when Taemin started tearing up but then all of them starting crying. Johnghyun was especially the most hilarious bc he was balling and losing it big time. The worst thing was that it went on for so long that it reached levels of sketch comedy. You could definitely see it was a truly emotional moment for them and they care for each other

I really cant wait for them to make a Korean comeback. After their big year in 2013, they went heavy into the Japanese promotions for 2014 and of course the 2 solo albums which followed. I hope they can top themselves bc Im ready

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Well, it's not official in that neither Tao nor SM have released statements confirming whether he is in or out. But Tao is no longer in SK, he was in China until a few days ago apparently. And he no longer refers to himself as part of EXO on his SNS sites. It makes me sad because I don't think he necessarily wanted to leave, but his father forced his hand. It also makes me sad because EXO keeps losing members and that must hurt morale within the group. Sehun alone must be devastated as they were BFFs.

I just listened to Excuse Me Miss and I love it. Taht is some RnB groove there. How I would have loved to see Shinee perform this song -- their choreography is usually a standout.

That TY speech is hilarious and I love the love other idols have for other groups too. You can really feel the support SHINee is getting from others.

BTW -- guess what drops next week?

SHINee's new album ODD!! Here is the first cryptic teaser for it. It sounds very retro. This should be good -- fans have been waiting 18 months for a Korean release from SHINee.

I see you like Minho lol. They all seem so tight with each other tbh.

• Members

I don't know if it is a full-length album, but they are calling it an album (and not a mini album).

Keep an eye on SHINee's official site, I guess -- they are dropping teasers and teaser pics all this week ahead of the album's May 18th release date (which will probably be next Sunday evening your time as they tend to drop at midnight KST).

• Members

I love the concept. LOVE the concept. They are like young high school kids on vacation in Thailand and being kidnapped by crazy white-girl sasaengs! laugh.png Seriously, I love the styling and the vibe of all these trailers. SM really knows how to produce cinematic, mysterious, sexy, haunting trailers. It's their MVs which let them down.

BTW, Odd just dropped a few hours ago!

I really like Odd Eye, Love Sick and Woof Woof so far (don't laugh, that song is a jam):

http://youtu.be/K9Pqwbyn3WA

• Members

View! I love the video and its cinematic approach

tumblr_nokvc1WVu01smul75o3_540.gif
tumblr_nokvc1WVu01smul75o1_540.gif
tumblr_nokujp0xWT1rv2y6eo1_500.gif
Interesting choice bc the sound of the song doesnt seem like it lends itself to live performances well. Im trying to imagine what their Comeback stage will be like and cant. Im intrigued with what they come up with. I also wonder what song(s) they will promote with it. Please do Odd Eye and/or Trigger
Edited by Cheap21