K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

I really liked EXO's Love Me Right/Romantic Universe video  or at least what I saw of it. i hate it how Japanese videos are so hard to find in their full HD form

YG has been such a dissappointment outside of BIGBANG. They botched iKon's debut and I fear for WINNER's comeback. Now there's rumors that 2NE1 could be returning but I'll beleive that when I see it.

BEAST

They recently released a new Japanese single, All is in U and I have to say its my favorite song released by Beast Music. They've been doing these lyric videos all year and I like how this one has an original twist. Well done

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Did you not see my previous post lol. That's why I thought it was about 2NE1!

If this is some 'new girl group' or 'Bobby and B.I. solo subunit' bullshit, I will flip my lid. We'll find out on a week on Saturday ...

You like the viodeo to Romantic Universe huh? I thought it was a mess, but I did appreciate they were trying to make it look like a 1980s MTV mv and it did have tongue-in-cheek humor. However, I don't think Love Me Right is EXO's best song by any stretch and I wish they'd picked another one to sing in Japanese. Heck Call Me Baby >>>>>> Love Me Right! My dream would have been to see Wolf (Ulf Naega Ulf) translated and sung in Japanese but I know that ain't never gonna happen.

Interesting Beast video! The song was pretty catchy and interesting they never even appeared. I guess they're aiming for some small releases like this and for the Big Hit Japanese songs they will film a formal mv.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Oh i missed your post on 2NE1! It better be about them bc Ive been starved and CL's US debut has been in limbo and gone nowhere

Yeah I like the video to Romantic Universe. Its an interesting concept. Not sure how it makes sense considering how its different from the Korean one but I like it. In fact I love LMR. Ive been listening to the Japanese version quite a bit lately.

Im  missing Beast bc its been a while since their summer comeback and they havent really made many appearances. Glad they are still pumping out Japanese songs. Im eagerly anticipating their next one which will have a MV at the end of the month

• Members

It has to be about 2NE1. It just has to be! All the 21s, Scooter Braun tweeting to CL "you're next." I notice Dara is being a lot more active on her Instagram too, in anticipation maybe? I just want Bom to be there and CL, of course. It has to be the full package, and I'll settle for a mini album.

• Members

Holy sh!t Minho! :o His body is so ON POINT. Can we talk about the easy-to-rip-off-shirt? And dem bodeh rolls??

Meanwhile, my dancing teddy-bear Kai still dancing in an oversized white shirt. #WhenWillKai.

Edited by Cat

• Members

SHINee is awesome! I love how their music evolves and they try new things outside the typical kpop mould.

Well Cheap, GD posted this on his IG:

36116_900.jpg

.... so it's not 2NE1, it's just CL's solo.

I'm psyched to hear it (well, cautiously psyched) but I think YG are shits for trolling us with that "21" business. 2NE1 is not just CL, it is CL + Bom + Dara + Minzy. And when is Bom going to stop being punished and be let out of the YG dungeon?? She's so fragile sometimes, I dread to think what all this hiatus and "shame" is doing to her as she has struggled with depression and self-esteem issues.

I'm posting IKON's mv for Anthem. I feel like GD's influence is all over this! The jury is still out on IKON for me. I'm not sure how I feel about them. And one of them (the leader BI?) has a face you want to slap lol.

And I was listening to this song by Dynamic Duo a lot yesterday. The title (Meoggo, hago, jago) translates as "Eat, do it, sleep" :lol: It's a slow jam/baby-making music:

And this is "If winter comes":

Edited by Cat

• Members

YG trolled everyone! Thats not cool. Im here for it but I was more excited about 2NE1

iKon

I listened to their new material and LOVE Anthem. Thats my current jam now. Apology is alright but Im not feeling it as much

Beast

759890.042180.jpg

beast-saigo-no-hitokoto.jpg
New Beast! MV just dropped. Its a ballad and the use of clocks reminds me of last year's "12:30". Love the vocals. Wow at Junhyung starting it off as I was not expecting that from him. Great song and if this is their final Japanese single of the year, what a way to end off a string of great releases

tumblr_nxm5m2Ojmr1uk82wno1_540.jpg

Apparently thats the top digital downloads in Korea for male artists. BIGBANG cheated by spreading out their album across 4 releases.

Jay Park

He also released an album last week. This one is pure rap with very little R&B. I kinda like it but wish he sung more on it. Bo$$ is my favorite on it. If you notice in the second video, Hyuna is featured as one of the video girls...lol. Ive wanted them to collaborate. Maybe they'll do a song one day

• Members

I know and ITA. I was amped for a full 2NE1 release!

TBH I really like Anthem too. Apology was a little too lowkey for me. I also like the Anthem mv as the b&w photography makes it look sharp and clean.

Get it BEAST with those downloads for 2015! And get it EXO for being at #2 with just one album and a repackage! 

I'll listen to Jay Park later (aka when I'm not at work!) but I always love Hyuna. Too bad she's not singing on this.