K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

tumblr_nyqjxwCeil1s4cegbo1_500.gif

You have had to have literally picked me up off the floor this morning. I watched the first 2/3s of the show and my jaw dropped when Dara popped up. She looked amazing as did Minzy. They STILL got it. I really did not expect this but it reminded me of when Destiny's Child appeared at the Super Bowl with Beyonce. My girls are back!

tumblr_nyqw216DA31sgtpnjo3_400.gif tumblr_nyr1yrGcvS1r8d91lo5_400.gif

tumblr_nyqqaukdGD1te6ohvo1_540.gif

tumblr_nyqsq0ISQL1rqpkxto1_400.giftumblr_nyqsq0ISQL1rqpkxto2_400.gif

tumblr_nyr1g8QvGf1sf0s5uo1_540.gif

tumblr_nyqox973H91r5msp6o5_500.gif

YES!!!!!!

• Members

EXO

I kind of like it as well the song is kinda boring. I'll have to listen to the others. I dont get the whole whale and astronaut

SHINee

tumblr_nyvozaJMse1rl3g6ho1_500

CVb0qcAVAAE_6No

New album drops Januiary 1st in Japan. Its called DxDxD. Here's the tracklist

1. DxDxD 
2. Wishful Thinking 
3. WANTED 
4. BOYS WILL BE BOYS 
5. View (Japanese ver.) 
6. Your Number 
7. Good Good Feeling 
8. Photograph 
9. Sweet Surprise 
10. Sing Your Song 
11. Moon Drop 
12. LOVE 

I cant wait bc Im kind of bored with Kpop right now as things always slow down around Dec-March. I look forward to SHINee and 2PM in Japan in the early 2016

iKon

ikon-koo-jun-hoe_1427729371_af_org.jpg

Ive been listening to more iKon, and this guy Junhoe is my favorite and by far the best vocalist. Apology has grown on me and its primarily bc he sings most of it. Its a shame that he's surrounded by such weak singers bc they're not on his level. Honestly iKon did not need 7 members. They could stand to lose about 2 or 3 of them. Bobby and B.I, are really good at rapping and stand out in their songs. I really think they along with Junhoe could have made for a great trio as they are the most talented members in the group.

BEAST

They always put a smile on my face. They just performed Hands Up live. They were just in Australia right now and Im jealous bc Ill be there in Feb

• Members

Sing For You IS bland and I wasn't sure if I liked it (and I'm still not sure how I feel about the album which is more lowkey than EXO's usual albums). However, it is a grower, and yesterday night I couldn't get it out of my head. I think it is beautiful, and it really showcases Chen's vocals (although everybody got a bit to sing) -- and, upon another listening, D.O.'s vocals  (he is one of my favorite vocalists in kpop). I love how it exposes the vocal line so it is just their voices and the guitar.

SHINEE teaser!

It looks and sounds pretty good! And OMG my fave Key is giving major eye fuckage for the 0.02 secs of teaser time he got. OTOH I could do without Taemin's pink hair.

I heard that IKON had some great vocalists but they just do not get the coverage that Bobby or BI get. Part of this is kpop strategy -- use only one or two members initially to draw in the audience and not confuse them with too many others. Later, if the group is a hit, fans will warm to the other members. It has worked in the past and I think Junhoe is definitely getting noticed in IKON fan circles, so hopefully his status will grow and grow. I could use this paragraph to make a comment about blatant YG favoritism for the rappers but I won't, lol.

BTW, I have been on a 2NE1 mv viewing frenzy recently. I really miss them. I also would love if CL went back to brown hair like she had in Missing You.

GO Beast! I wonder if they will be releasing Christmas material. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

Ive been listening to EXO's album all weekend and its really good. It really highlights them vocally and its odd as there seems to be less dance tracks so they are a bit out of their comfort zone. Sing for You has grown on me and its really a beautiful song

Seems kind of late for Beast to release any Christmas material. The only time they did something for the holidays was a song with other Cube artists a couple of years ago

SHINee

tumblr_nzc79iXbnm1rvf2eqo2_540.gif

SHINee's DxDxD....YES! I love how Minho got so many lines. Loved the fashion and choreography. I look forward to seeing it live

tumblr_nzc1w71SUV1qhb5w9o1_540.gif
tumblr_nzbwcsttxq1r0ulz6o2_540.gif
Here for this dude

tumblr_nzbw1k6hir1r0ulz6o5_540.gif
tumblr_nzbz4bNYk31uia4vio4_r1_540.gif
Onew :D

tumblr_nzbwcsttxq1r0ulz6o5_540.gif
Thank god he fixxed his hair before he did this. Unfortunately Taemin didnt do the same

tumblr_nzbvxyGTJp1uia4vio2_r1_540.gif

YES!

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

DxDxD has been an obsession of mine. So addictive, Cant wait for the album

Beast

Man Ive failed as a Beast fan. Apparently they release this track, Only One in late September and I completely missed it. I think I read of it but confused it with "One", a song they released months prior and passed on it. I love this song and Junhyung's raps are tight and he does so in two verses.

EXO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO045lsK-rs

I have to say Im really enjoying this comeback. Their vocals are really strong here with Sing for You. I also love Unfair. What a fun song.

tumblr_nzncv5BwUv1qzh5sno1_540.gif

1159016927.jpg
Why he look like an old lady from the South with that hair?

tumblr_nzne5sGqAY1rg4pqpo3_400.gif

Not gonna lie...he looks good like this

• Members

I love DxDxD too! It is a really fun song and the dancing is cool.

SFY mini album is a grower. And Unfair has been the standout. It's like an unofficial fun Christmas song.

My little puppy bear Kai had to wear glasses because he got an eye infection. I love the nerd look on him, but I am Kai trash. 

tumblr_nzngyr6iSg1tlwrs8o1_400.gif tumblr_nzngyr6iSg1tlwrs8o4_400.gif

tumblr_nzngyr6iSg1tlwrs8o3_400.gif tumblr_nzngyr6iSg1tlwrs8o2_400.gif

CWpzbBJUAAAGtWi.jpg

Edited by Cat

• Members

Beast didnt but Junhyung did! Love his voice here but only wish it were longer

Beast did manage to release a new song in Japan, Stay Forever Young

Heize and BEAST's Junhyung the star magazine december 2015 photos

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/257760/20151126/beast-junhyung-heize.htm

Junhyung did a photoshoot with Heize of Unpretty Rapster 2. She's really pretty

iKON

This group is about to have their 5th comeback since September with the release of their full album and two new MVs. The Dumb and Dumber song is kind catchy. Meanwhile WINNER is still in limbo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Au contraire Cheap! Apparently Winner will be having comebacks throughout the course of this year! In fact, according to Instagram, they filmed a mv in London a few weeks ago and Mino kissed a female love interest in it. Contrary to prevailing assumptions about crazy kpop fans, Inner Circle fans went onto the girl's IG (she's a model in the UK) and complimented her on a good job. Cute!

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/17300194.html

Here is her IG with the teaser film for Winner on it: https://www.instagram.com/pixiee/

Looks like YG are adopting a Big Bang/MADE strategy for both Winner and iKON -- spread out their releases over the year so that they comeback continuously? BTW iKON are growing on me. And I think Bobby is cute, especially when he takes off his snapback, lol.

More comebacks: 2PM and Japan: http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/17300668.html. Sad to think they might be approaching enlistment. 2PM looks so young to me!

And 4minute planning a cb too. In fact, their goal for a release is this month: http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/17303598.html