K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

Yeah I would love if they did Odd Eye! I am surprised by the song choice because it is quite lowkey in some ways, and I would have preferred something with a great hook and in-your-face choreo. Having said that, I am so so SO glad they went with the teaser concept in this MV. The storyline itself feels a bit "Celebrate Sasaengs -- as long as you are beautiful and white" but it is odd enough to be interesting and Thailand looks amazing. This looks like a cinematic mv.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at the reaction to Minho's bare chest. Those gifs are classic. laugh.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, Shinee have had their first comeback stage where they performed View and Love Sick. I am slightly underwhelmed by the choreo to VIew tbh but that's just because Shinee are SO talented at performance that they could do wonders with something more challenging.

But Minho and Onew have been on fire with these stages, singing and dancing. Big Guns and Dabulge!

Some Minho snaps:

9e32a6c133b3d0c6d001f6b54eeb11b2.jpg

minho-abs.jpg

943aa1ef5cdd86f139ab188bef59e19d.jpg

b336775cf44607ecd40d460c38a0da64.jpg

842f67a000b908eb54ef58d159ea74f3.jpg

tumblr_noku2gs04V1ry65bao2_540.gif

• Members

Thanks for those Minho pics. IA on him and Onew (who happens to be my 2nd fave). The group went on to perform An Ode to You with their last appearance. Good vocals but I still wish they would do Trigger, Alive or Odd Eye. Im guessing they just dont have the choreography for those yet. Hopefully they release a second single to promote them

tumblr_nothm87opJ1tbd5x7o4_r1_400.gif

Key's green hair is so weird and unconventional yet oddly, he rocks the look effortlessly. Love it

BToB

6RRpDae.png?1

I didnt even realize that they had released an album in Japan this spring. Funny bc I heard that song but thought it was just a single.

BEAST

They released a new song in Japan. Im going to need them to return to Korea and have a comebak bc their Japanese material isnt as good

CL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6XVXSx3u4w

I really want CL to succeed in the US but if her album is like this, then there's no hope bc this is garbage

• Members

Beast and BtoB have albums out? Ah, in Japan. But I would never have known other than from you! They really slip in under the radar.

CL's Dr. Pepper song is excrement! But I'm not surprised considering that she has aligned herself with that douche Diplo. In other CL news, she got a haircut:

97071_original.jpg

95768_original.jpg

96695_original.jpg

I like that she changed up her image a little bit although I wish she had kept her hair long but gone black instead!

And only one week after SHINee have their comeback, EXO release a few teaser pics of their cb, next Wednesday June 3rd! I feel like they never went away tbh. The concept seems to be (American) football but with baseball hats and soccer shorts.

01.jpg

05.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

And here is Mnet's promo for their cb stage:

I'm not sure what to make of this. This is a lot like SNSD's Oh! concept -- the boy's version. I also think these guys are too slight and dancerly to carry off all that heavy athletic padding. If they start dancing in football uniforms I swear this song will be the next Wolf 2.0. OTOH, the concept is clearly just a metaphor for "Exo: bruised and battered. But still One (well, 9 now)."

• Members

They are already have a comeback? I wish they had taken a break for a bit longer. The group started out strong but were a mess by the end of Exodus. I dont know what the heck is going on over there they've had too much controversy and speculation. Im also not digging them coming in to sweep SHINee's thunder. I think SME focuses too much on EXO and leaves their other groups out to dry.

Junho

tumblr_noztlmGoit1qbmllro1_r3_500.gif

tumblr_noztlmGoit1qbmllro2_r3_500.gif

tumblr_np08wfXlgL1si2skuo1_500.gif

tumblr_np0nilAxey1r6ihh8o4_r1_400.gif tumblr_np0nilAxey1r6ihh8o1_r1_400.gif

He will be releasing his third solo album and I am here for it

BIGBANG

CGEqlsHVEAA3Pxk1.jpg

A comes out next week and supposedly it will feature more fast tempo tracks like Fantastic Baby

weibo1.jpg

Ewwww to Taeyang's look

KARA

http://onehallyu.com/topic/177352-karas-new-album-in-love-flops-only-sells-100-copies-on-release-day/

I dont listen to them but they just released a new album and it flopped big time. Only sold 100 copies on release day. Ouch!

• Members

I feel you. EXO may be my bias group but I need to miss them a little bit more because it feels like last cb just ended. It's... too much. Too much drama, too much overexposure. They need a small break and should really release in July and August because that is when there are few good releases and I am scratching around for new stuff to listen to.

This EXO repackage + cb feels like it has been rushed. Rushed because of Tao's unexpected departure (EXO are still standing y'all!) and rushed because Big Bang are releasing two tracks a month right until the end of this year.

Basically BB and EXO will be going head to head on the music shows next week and the week after, so get ready for lots of deep bowing that goes on for 10 minutes at a time. I will PAY to see GD and TOP bowing to anybody let alone EXO but let's see.

Meanwhile, Shinee keep winning the music shows. Looks like fans are determined to squeeze as many wins for Shinee as they can before next Wednesday's EXO cb drops.

I heard that Junho has some kind of INSANE popularity in Japan. Sales of his stuff, even in Korean, regularly hit the #1 and #2 spots during the year.

Taeyang's hair looks awful and it makes his face look ugly as !@#$%^&*]. He literally looks like a moose. What happened to the hotness of Rise???

Ouch to KARA flop. I don't know who they are but I think they lost a few members last year and then replaced them with a couple of newbies and it was all kind of messy. I think Kpop may have too many boy and girl bands tbh and perhaps KARA just do not stand out enough. That sales figure is kind of wounding though.

• Members

Yeah Junho is really popular in Japan, as is the rest of 2PM. Ive always found it interesting that the three which have launched solo albums (Junho, Jun K and Wooyoung) have all done so in Japan and not Korea

BIGBANG

tumblr_np9we0LZX81rtutyso2_500.gif

I really like this song but HATE the chorus. It ruins the flow of the song and I dont know why they did this. I blame GD for it

tumblr_np9vb2feqT1qmzz57o2_540.gif

His hair is pink. I thought it was photoshopped when I first saw a teaser image, but yuck.

tumblr_np9xojma0Y1uq7y61o3_540.gif

Seungri however can still get it

EXO

tumblr_npb1f3Gomb1rcr9bwo3_540.jpg

Theres the tracklist for the repackage

and video teaser

• Members

And mv:

Beautiful images. Hot [!@#$%^&*] mess. At least Bang Bang Bang had some cohesion and the bopping cars laugh.png and CowboyTOP dancing with AstroTOP. The song is a jam.

I. CANNOT. With Taeyang's 'pink tar' hair. It looks like My Little Pony threw up on him.

So ready for the music shows and the Exo-Big Bang BOWING. biggrin.png

• Members

Saw it earlier and was surprised that Sehun did more than just say EXO. Chanyeol also got expanded rap lines and he did good. Lay definitely benefited from half of EXO-M being imploded as he got parts which I easily would have gone to Luhan and Tao. The video was well done. Not sure I did dig that football concept though as I dont think it added anything

Oh and the white borders reminded me of SHINee's recent View video

• Members

You're welcome...lol

BIGBANG

There's the MV for We Like 2 Party. I really dig it. Simple and fun

tumblr_npfdxgEpjf1ralvduo1_500.gif

tumblr_npfeqrtNeH1tgdnsto5_400.gif

They sang that and BANG BANG BANG live and I have to say BBB is pretty hot live. Love the choreography

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Oooooo. That's tomorrow! And they look mighty fine in those teasers!

My sweet Dongwoonie has a mini solo album yay! He deserves it. He is really talented and seems to love composing as much as singing.

The EXO-BB face off is a clusterfuck. Accusations of rigging at various music shows. I don't know. I'm sort of over it. I personally don't think either Love Me Right or Bang Bang Bang warrant this kind of shenanigans. Both are forgettable imo. Call Me Baby had a catchier hook and EXO's back catalogue has far superior songs. Same with Big Bang.

P.s.: Your avatar and siggie are awesome. Queen Steffy is BACK! I just wish it wasn't all about Liam's tired ass.

• Members

Thanks. Love having Steffy back. I actually like her and Liam so I dont mind that, but dont like seeing her so thirsty for him. Id rather he do the chasing

2PM

Its actually today! The date is actually based on Korea's time zone but its like 13 hours ahead of the US, so it should be dropping in a few hours. SHINee's was about noon over here. Cant wait. These are grown men and not little boys so they come with a certain sound I appreciate it. Hopefully they will pull me out of my SHINee obsession...lol

BIGBANG/EXO
I read about that and it seems so stupid especially since BB and their audience are older adults and I suspect EXO's is primarily teen girls. I actually like Love Me Right, but I JUST listened to this album a couple of months ago. 4 new songs isnt enough to bring me back. Im kinda over it. Im liking BB's songs more each time I listen to them, but I still wish they had dropped them at once

BEAST/Dong Woon
Love that Dongwoon is getting a solo but that just means Beast isnt having a comeback anytime soon. I guess they got tired from all the material they put out last year and needed a much deserved break. Speaking of DW, here are some more teasers

I really like the sound of that second song. Looks like Junhyung produced it

ETA:

2PM's MV is out!

I like it but not as much as Go Crazy. I cant wait to hear what else is on the album but it looks like they went back to a more mature sound after the fun pop material from last year

tumblr_npxxp1beZQ1srwr92o1_500.gif

Taecyeon's part was by far my favorite. I only wish he had more lines

tumblr_npy0bpeOT51qbb8n2o1_540.gif

Junho looking cute and playful

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

RE: Dongwoon finally releasing his own music...so happy & proud; He was my fave from the beginning when i first got into kpop and I always knew he had it in him. So glad it appears to be heavily soul based, as he always shined in that realm in all his solos, most notably in his "When the Door Closes" duo with Dujun which I still listen to regularly. Even though I LOVE B2ST as a group, I hope this puts Dongwoon on the map and allows him to spread his wings even more. Of course, this was my hope for my other obsession Seungri and that appeared to somewhat crash and burn to a halt for him...lol. But this is all wonderful nonetheless so far!