K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I knew you'd enjoy Time! Great analysis.

Drive is the absolute best. I cant express enough words for it. Im upset it wasnt an official single with a MV and that they didnt promote it alongside 12:30

Funny you say that about So Hot, bc its the only song not done by Good Life (Junhyung & Kim Tao Joo). Thats Kikwang's creation with some help from Junhyung and NODAY. Its different but I like it

I cant believe you dont like Good Luck! Man that was my favorite before 12:30 came out. Lets just say we disagree!

Same on We Up. Maybe you need to watch the live performances bc those help sell it to me. Loved the choreography and just how much fun the guys looked to be having

No More, I initially passed the song and MV as well but when I went back to it, it grew on me. Interesting concept indeed. Yes Dongwoon was perfect! What did you think of his hair during the promos for the album? Not sure how much you've seen but I was digging the lilac

Tonight, I'll Be At Your Side...6 months later and I still cant get into it. Everytime it comes up in my playlist, I hit next

What did you think of Sad Movie? I initially passed it up when it came out as a Japanese single, but grew a new appreciation for it on Good Luck.

tumblr_ni65v76sHW1qibiyao5_250.giftumblr_ni65v76sHW1qibiyao1_250.gif

B2ST just won the Popularity, Best Male Group Performance and Bonsang Awards at the Golden Disk Awards and Dongwoon dedicated their trophy to the fans. Congrats to them!

tumblr_ni7fqgEklY1qb2yato4_1280.jpg

The Bonsang is for top digital single and it was actually a tie with Taeyang. Thats him and his ugly hair with the award. He also won Digital Single of the Year

2pm

Short version of Guilty Love just came out. Cant wait for the full version. I dont love the song yet but that MV looks good

BTOB

tumblr_inline_ni6ecz6zay1sppbo7.png

BTOB's recent album has been doing well! Ive noticed its been towards the top of alot of charts in terms of sales. Im glad for them bc its REALLY good and better than the previous two, despite having a Christmas theme

tumblr_ni6p2b9Fx21trsn97o2_250.gif

tumblr_ni6g0mpd3f1td1w4ao1_1280.jpg

lol.....Changsub gives no f--ks

tumblr_ni6ar5MPkM1u049uio1_1280.jpg

He is not the best looking guy in the group but man when he has good hair, his looks just elevates above the rest

CL

tumblr_ni6h69EaBT1qetf7lo1_500.gif

Beautiful

• Members

So I saw that Sungjae from BTOB was featured in a new MV so I checked it out

WTF did I just watch? LOL

Jonghyun

U0mvz4r.jpg?1

Oh and Cat, I listened to his EP and I liked it. I think I prefer it over Taemin. I liked every track on it

Taeyang/BIGBANG

yeah I'll beleive it when I see it. GD and YG have been saying they are working on a new album for like 2 years

• Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&x-yt-cl=84411374&v=Yk21I4tZxbU&x-yt-ts=1421828030

tumblr_nikxsoD50J1tji2g5o2_1280.jpg

The 24th Seoul Music Awards were this week and Beast made an appearance. I see Dujun is back to being blonde and Junhyung is back to black hair. Not feeling that as I prefer him with brown. I like Dujun as a blonde but not a fan of this style. Hyunseung continues to rock this do

tumblr_nikyz6NrFL1snvzxbo1_500.gif

tumblr_nikyz6NrFL1snvzxbo2_500.gif
Anyways they won big! Congrats to them! They deserved it

tumblr_nil3nu74Gy1s4vz2eo2_r1_400.gif tumblr_nil3nu74Gy1s4vz2eo1_r1_400.gif

Homeboy got caught jamming...lol

and for my 4Minute fans

tumblr_nilcl4gcWF1qcbbpmo2_250.gif

biggrin.png

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I'm so, so glad they won. DESERVED!

That look for Dujun is a mess. The rest look great, especially Dongwoon (except what's up with the semi-wizard hat? He also wore that in the recent MBC performance vid. I guess It's sorta cute).

I wish they gave Good Luck a rest and sang Drive again for that awards event. I'm sooo obsessed you guys. I listen and watch the live video over and over. The part where they do that little dance at 1:57 gets me every time - I've even re-enacted it. LOL. So damn good.

Re: Sad Movie. I enjoy that track but it doesn't really stand out for me

• Members

Jonghyun looks SO HOT in the cover pic editorial.

Oh, is it good? Crazy didn't grab me the first time I listened, but maybe it is a grower. I will check it out.

LOL you know that YG are going to build it up build it up -- and then release another Greatest Hits album.

I saw this and came here to post but thankfully you beat me to it! IMO Beast should have won the all-important Daesang Award (although in terms of sales, EXO did have most other groups beat). 2014 has really been their year musically and they are fast becoming a fave of mine.

I always feel a little worried whenever I see Hyunseung pull away from the group. It is not the first time I get this tense vibe from him. I heard there were tensions at one time between him and the others but that they reconciled and got into the studio together to do this last album which, they felt, was Beast's most personal and meant a lot to them. Oh well, I am prob reading too much into it. Hyunseung is always kind of serious and intense and aware of his hair, lol.

Love Dujun bopping and getting his ass caught, kind of like when IKON and Winner were caught doing intensive body rolls to D.O.'s Tell Me What is Love lol.

Yoseob is so cute giving a shoutout to 4minute.

OMG same. I love Drive! From your mouth to God's ears. I hope they still release it as a single anyway because IMO it is their catchiest song yet.

LOL Dongwoon is prob my fave in Beast so I hate it when the stylist lets our gentle giant down. I never got into Harry Potter so I'm not really feeling this Wizard Hat either. Cast a spell over it and make it disappear!

• Members

At first I wasnt sure which album they won for but it was Time and I so agree on that. It was their best work.

tumblr_nd3ra3qVpF1rm7fruo1_500.jpg

BlLISFJ.png?1

LOL...I think the hat is his idea bc he's worn it too many times. Thats from the Time concept photos and the Japan tour last year

And stop hating on Good Luck! I do agree that Drive should be performed more, especially since I wasnt a fan of this particular rendition of GL

Yes Jonghyun is looking hot. I dont think Crazy was the best choice to promote as lead track bc its the weakest one on the album. Luckily he's been performing Deja-Bu with it and it sounds much better

I didnt even pick up on that in terms of Hyunseung and Beast but I notice it now sad.png So sad. I hope everything is okay

BTW, Cat, EXO's EXO Planet #1 was released last week. Have you seen it? I have it downloaded on my PC but havent had a chance yet. I still need to watch the YG concert

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Plus why did they release this Drive teaser which looks damn near close to an MV with its ultra production value. Maybe they just recorded the Junhyung parts. It looks so cool and just how I imagined an MV for it being, I'm salivating to see all the guys in that setting. Goddamnit YG this needed to be a single! never getting over it.

ETA: I was just lmao as I thirstily searched for Drive covers, etc, and I found this fanmade MV

I'm dying because they used the Junhyung footage from above and then the rest is just slowed down Dongwoon footage from the I Knew It MV (because that video is so short and only stars him). #TheStruggle ...LOL

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

WINNER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa0-zRM7FUE

BIGBANG better hurry up and come back bc Im officially starting to stan for these guys. Ive been listening to their album on heavy rotation and I need more. Unfortunately I think YG will take a break on them to focus on IKON but I hope they put out a new album later this year

tumblr_nilgzuOrC21rzc3v2o2_540.jpg

Mino wub.png

Lee Hi

Ive been listening to Lee-Hi of YG and man she's really good. I was shocked to learn she's only 18! 16 at the time of that video I posted

She did a cover to BIGBANG's LIes and 2NE1's Lonely. Her voice is just.....wow

Block B

I keep listening to these songs. Their music seems to be catchy

• Members

4Minute     They just released their new MV for the song Cold Rain.. I wasnt even expecting it this soon. Finally they gave up the cutesy stuff for going back to their more mature sound with this beautiful ballad. Love it   tumblr_niq9pdbG7T1qeawm5o4_400.jpg Love her hair and style in this   2PM   tumblr_nivq7fJw4q1r20o7po1_500.gif This must be the week of comebacks bc these guys had theirs as well   tumblr_nivrmfwgNW1r20o7po1_500.gif He looks really good in the MV tumblr_nijcqewrNu1tfeeomo3_540.jpg Yes!   2NE1 I know this chick didnt announce the group as CL AND 2NE1? Minzy and the rest of the girls must have been thinking "this bitch!" Dongwoon   tumblr_niuk5cuUhL1s0r1muo1_500.gif tumblr_niuk5cuUhL1s0r1muo2_500.gif LOL

• Members

LOL Cheap, you are such a YG girl. :)

I am beginning to seriously like Winner too. YG are on to a great thing with them. And GD & Taeyang's love child, Mino, is such a MEGA STAH. Like I think he could eventually be CL- or Taeyang-Big one day. He is talented, his stage presence is amazing, everything he does seem effortless, his interaction with other performers is so natural and collaborative. I sort of wish IKON's debut could be delayed a year. Winner only debuted last year and while they have been a big success, now is the time to solidify that fanbase. Release a second album which has fans coming back for more AND picks up new fans. Instead I feel like YG's focus an energy will be consumed with IKON IKON IKON. After all, it's not like Big Bang's "new album" couldn't sell itself when the time comes. And 2NE1 are clearly on hiatus while CL is in the US.

Yesterday was the Gaons. They are the last Awards show of the season. I was in two minds about watching it but I'm glad I did. The Gaons raced through the Awards, lots of different (and worthy) groups got prizes, everybody was relaxed and the performances were really good. Here is Winner:

http://youtu.be/6FxLEDVNPIU

And here is the performance of the night (imo), Epik High, singing Born Loser with Mino. How Tablo got the Korean audience to sing out "Muthf*cka" I will never know, but it was awesome. I really like Epik High's sound, not just this but other songs:

http://youtu.be/VKUXoQsGmww

Super Junior won the last two important Awards of the night, for Mamacita, which was well deserved. Then they closed the show with their own set:

http://youtu.be/VyRvyhC9Kro

I like Block B, too -- what I know of them. Zico is a very talented rapper.

Aww, Cheap, Lee Hi is so cute. She did a collab song with Suhyun (who also has a killer voice) and Bobby called I'm Different. I really like the MV:

4Minute do look good. They are one of the prettiest girl groups IMO.

Do 2PM never not have a comeback?! I feel like they are always releasing a new song, whether it is for Korea or targeted directly at their Japanese fanbase. And it must be really hard for K idols to look bad in a tux! lol

Dafuq? I hate it when US announcers don't do their homework. 2NE1 have a big US fanbase and would be happy to correct that bint on exactly who 2NE1 comprises of. It's not Diana Ross and the Supremes! She could have just said 2NE1 and later indicated that CL had some solo US projects coming up.

Dongwoon lol. Trolling for the love! He doesn't even have to with that amazing hair. UNF! Look at his cuteness with the short black hair! And that witch's broomstick hat ain't nowhere to be seen, thank goodness. :lol:

• Members

winner.jpg

seungyoon-22.jpg

Winner wub.png Minho is clearly the breakout but the more Ive listened to them, Seungyoon and Seunghoon (they really should have used stage names) have emerged as my favorites in terms of vocals

Epik High...Im kind of late but I finally heard Tablo's cover of Eyes Nose Lips a few weeks ago and I liked it. Made me want to check out more of the group as I enjoyed their material from the YG Family concert. They've been around for such a long time that I'll have alot to dig through

Good for them. They arent my bias, but I liked some of their material from their recent comeback

I havent seen that. Nice!

4Minute

Im ready to see them perform this live and hopefully thts what they do this weekend. I also want to know if this will be on an album, EP or just a single

2PM

I cant get enough of them. Im only upset this was just a single instead of an album. Im already ready for new material