K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

Just watched some performances from the Gayo show and here are some thoughts about my biases

2PM

They performed the Crazy remix to Go Crazy! from the Grand edition of the album. Loved it! So much hot energy and it was over the top

tumblr_ngxzt1tIIU1sg1naxo2_500.gif

tumblr_ngxuq81iXD1qbb8n2o2_500.gif

tumblr_ngxuq81iXD1qbb8n2o3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_ngy0wcFzsv1ta8odxo2_1280.jpg

They also won the Syrup Global Star Award....congrats to them!

B2ST

They sang an acoustic version of 12:30 which was absolutely beautiful. I need that to be released in a digital format.

tumblr_ngxk6gtQaW1qkknd8o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngxng0GsyK1qzjehuo6_500.jpg

Can we talk about how good Hyunseung looks? He usually doesnt do it for me but man he's rocking that hairstyle. They all look so regular next to him and he just stands out.

2NE1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFFxG4pzaL4

tumblr_ngy4mxrIwM1shzrspo6_500.gif

The girls reunite as a trio sad.png I miss Bom
tumblr_ngxsqeZrxX1r5lrn1o1_1280.jpg

They did win Best Female Group. Good for them bc they are my faves. BTW, as you can see there, EXO won for Best Male Group

BTOB

BTOB has a new Christmas song and its super adorable

tumblr_ngxvwdsDVD1tkh3m4o1_500.gif

tumblr_ngwi9e5ihF1scti4vo2_500.gif

tumblr_ngwi9e5ihF1scti4vo1_500.gif

tumblr_ngxxhp7A3a1rr3y0oo1_500.gif

tumblr_ngwhf6TKCb1rebe75o3_500.gif

tumblr_ngwhf6TKCb1rebe75o4_500.gif

ETA:

EXO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKeVegBuUsU&feature=player_embedded

tumblr_ngxvksN3iC1sgyexeo2_500.gif

Just saw their performance of Overdose and they SLAYED it. This was their best since all the splits went down. I like how they restructured the routine and worked D.O. into EXO-M's part replacing Luhan. 12 members was too much. Maybe in hindsight cutting down to 10 will be fore the best. Best part was they sang it live instead of relying on their lipsyncing and it was well down. Kudos to them.

I also have to say I love that they FINALLY wore suits that fit them. One thing that bothered me during the Overdose promos before was how they wore these suits that were like 2 sizes too big

tumblr_ngxx3l7G4W1s4se20o2_400.gif

tumblr_ngxvksN3iC1sgyexeo3_500.gif

Tao :D

GD X Taeyang
tumblr_ngy5a7J9vx1td2dk7o1_250.gif

Glad GD left those ugly braid hats home. I really wish Taeyang would do something about his hair though as he's outworn the blonde look. I do enjoy watching them perform this song live though as the dancing is on point

Edited by Cheap21

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watched Gayo too! Well, bits and pieces. I kept watching, going away to do something, then coming back. Thank god it was an Awards show on the weekend!

Go Crazy is actually one of my favorite 2PM songs and I don't care if Korea didn't get it. It is a fun =, catchy song, and I loved their staging of it. The glow-in-the-dark bikes at the beginning and end were hilarious, too.

BEAST's acoustic version of 12.30 really is beautiful. As usual, Beast beats everybody with the unexpected. And IA about Hyunseung. The hair up looks so much better on him and shows off his angular bone structure. He does nothing for me physically but he is slaying that entire look.

By the way, did you hear about this controversy? Beast won an award, and Dongwoon spoke to thank the fans and (presumably) Gayo. Some fancam was focused on some little poptart called Hyeri of Girl's Day (the poor man's SISTAR) and she was apparently making fun of Dongwoon and his speech. GURL. Don't you know fans are watching you at all times?? Anyhow, embarrassed that now the K Pop world knows she is a bit of a bitch, she attempted to tweet an apology and sent it to Dongwoon to drag him into this mess. And now it has just gotten more drawn-out and messy. Here are K-netizens' reactions:

http://onehallyu.com/topic/126603-nb-hyeri-apologizes-for-mocking-dongwoons-award-speech/?hl=%20hyeri

Speaking of what the fancams catch...

2NE1 singing Come Back Home (a song I **LOVE**)

tumblr_ngyf4oH2Fi1saq0axo1_400.gif

EXO body-rolling like their lives depend on it!

tumblr_ngyf4oH2Fi1saq0axo3_400.gif

And then Ailee's biggest fanboy suddenly thinks he is a singer:

tumblr_ngz1b9Egdi1ru8saco2_400.giftumblr_ngz1b9Egdi1ru8saco3_400.gif

tumblr_ngz1b9Egdi1ru8saco4_400.giftumblr_ngz1b9Egdi1ru8saco5_400.gif

The dorkage, omg.

I loved 2NE1 back to together, and I really hope the mention of 2015 that CL did before she launched into Crush is indicative of 2NE1's return on the scene. I felt sad that Bom wasn't there, though. I can't believe she is still being punished for something the authorities cleared her for. Either the fan hate against her has been strong (which I'm not sure actually) or she had a bit of a meltdown, or YG just decided to hide her in the attic. Either way, she should be there.

Yes, EXO won some awards -- including Best Selfie. :lol: Their version of Overdose is their best yet (and IA about those suits!). OT-10 is the best balance for the group. They feel closer and more unified, less M vs K. It's sweet seeing D.O. sing with Chen and Xiumin, or Kai hugging Tao. Speaking of the last two, I don't know whether they were tipsy or somebody injected raw cocaine into their freebee Ferrero Rochers, but those two were turnt up all night. I have never seen my baby Kai this animated!

P.S.: EXO comeback is imminent imo. I'm thinking January. The reason? D.O. cut his hair. The shaved sides resemble his awesome haircut during Growl era.

B5at_McCMAAWluY.jpg

BTOB are so cute in their pastel coats. And Tigger and Eyeore rapping! I really like the song. It is so fun and poppy.

GD looks so hot without the braids. I'm not even kidding. If Taeyang keeps sporting that piss-colored hair, I'm going to have to switch allegiances!

• Members

Yes, let's appreciate Suho! Especially now that he has his hot brown hair back!

I also realy like him when he is MCing Inkiyago (alongside Baekhyun), though they stepped down from their duties last week to prepare for their comeback. His fun and outgoing side really came out. His best friend, KyunHyun of SJ had a solo song released, and it was so cute to see Suho and Baekhyun so happy and supportive of this guy.

By the way, EXO relaesed EXOLOGY this week, which is their concert songs, or rearranged songs from previous albums. Suho's solo Beautiful was released on the album, and it is as beautiful as the title suggests. I love everything about it. I hope Suho gets more solos/singing duties during this comeback. Chanyeol, too. He sings really well.

The concert version (which I think you know already):

Suho at a recent Baskin Robbins fansign (EXO-K are the face of their Xmas ice cream cakes!). And with my sweet bias KaiBear (and the BR teddy bears):

tumblr_nh2xxvYahj1sdrukqo4_250.giftumblr_nh2xxvYahj1sdrukqo1_250.gif

• Members

I have Exology on my iPhone and have been listening to it (I love live concert albums). Thanks for that clip as I havent seen it.

I did this last year and thought Id do it again. Here are some of my personal Top 14 in K-Pop for 2014

Top 14 Albums

mqj3j9j.jpg?1

14. A Talk (HyunA)

sCkupxP.jpg?1

13. Mamacita (Super Junior)

bwVmlyq.jpg?1

12. 4Minute World (4Minute)

9WBY38F.jpg?1

11. Feel (Junho)

Beep_Beep_Btob.jpg

10. Beep Beep (BTOB)

LB9XjJF.jpg?1

9.D's Love (D-Lite)

uBlNYGZ.jpg?1

8. Overdose (EXO)

xkGHDTY.jpg?1

7. Good Luck (Beast)

aQJwXWl.jpg?1

6. Evolution (Jay Park)

KgOzMqR.jpg?1

5. S/S Collection (WINNER)

vFPzGYI.jpg?1

4. Go Crazy! (2PM)

lNQEqRW.jpg?1

3. Crush (2NE1)

LGKr9kz.jpg?1

2. Rise (Taeyang)

nLdTLZz.jpg?1

1. Time (Beast)

I'll come back later with my pics for M/V and songs

• Members

I love Exology! I am so glad you like it. Suho's Beautiful song is legit moving and even though it's really short, I play it all the time. I also love DO's Tell Me What is Love and the acoustic version of Love Love Love.

I don;t have a Top 14 because I just came into K Pop this year and am late to the game. I am really grateful that I was able to discover this thread and you allowed me to spazz on it tbh. It's where I discovered Overdose and Growl... and the rest is history!

So without further adio, my short list is the following

Mamacita - Super Junior

Beep Beep - BtoB

Go Crazy - 2PM

Time - Beast

Rise - Taeyang

Ace of Ace - Taemin

Exology - EXO

and #1 is Overdose - EXO and XOXO - EXO. Even though XOXO was released in 2013, I only discovered it (and Mama, which is also joint top) in 2014 and really fell in love with EXO's music.

• Members

Good list! More diverse than my first year of listening as it primarily consisted of Big Bang, Beast and 2NE1...lol

Here's my Top 14 MVs

tumblr_nb8jcgcDxo1tebj1ro1_500.gif

14. I'm Him, Mino

tumblr_n9ekrq4Osz1snvzxbo2_500.gif

13. Red, HyunA

large.gif

12. No More, Beast

tumblr_nb0jrwqYNy1qiq56ao2_500.gif

11. Mamacita, Super Junior

tumblr_n47rutmrop1tvpodio1_500.gif

10. Overdose, EXO

tumblr_n13m6dYlYS1rb4thoo3_r1_500.gif

9. Beep Beep, BTOB

tumblr_n3xxvdRDqK1qdynigo1_500.gif

8. Metronome, Jay Park

tumblr_n7gimj6Liu1r20o7po1_500.gif

7. Feel, Junho

tumblr_na5km4JxAo1stwgbyo2_250.gif

6. Color Ring, WINNER

tumblr_n6x7l2CBoR1rjmn9ko1_500.gif

5. 1AM, Taeyang

tumblr_nc7kqudlH81temf7io1_500.gif

4. Good Luck, Beast

tumblr_ne8evp5bi11tuall8o1_500.gif

3. Happy, 2NE1

wpid-tumblr_nbdun1wrdh1sd7ee8o4_500-12.g

2. Go Crazy!, 2PM

tumblr_ndpbgtABRZ1teiq60o4_250.gif

1. 12:30, Beast

• Members

I guessed your #2 and #1 would be 12.30 and Go Crazy but I honestly thought Go Crazy would edge to #1 spot because that MV is really something else. Like, I can't even. However, I know your Beast love is strong, Cheap!

I just watched I'm Him -- Mino's solo -- and wow that is a great MV. And good song! Mino is seriously the cutest. YG were wise to give him a solo so quickly, even though Winner are still newbies who only just debuted this year.

- Consequently, Mino is now going on my MV list of the year! I love the multi-colored effects with the wings and animals and hood necklace lol.

- Red Velvet -- Happiness, for being more original than most

- Super Junior -- Swing

- 2pm -- Go Crazy

- Super Junior -- Mamacita laugh.png

- How could I leave out Beast -- 12.30??

- Taeyang -- Eyes Nose Lips, because it is so simple as a MV.

- BTS -- We are Bulletproof (even though I rate the Dance Practice vid even higher. I will refrain from posting my favourite Dance Practice vids because that will take all day, lol)

And I couldn't not mention the group I stan for, EXO!

- Ulf naega Ulf! Wolf -- EXO. This will always be the most cray K Pop MV for me

- Overdose

- Growl -- the classic

Special mention: AKLO -- Break the Records. AKLO is J Rap and not K Pop, but I had to mention this unexpected discovery because I think he's so good. On a par with Jay Park in fact. I love this song especially.

SPECIAL CATEGORY: Most ratchet MVs of 2014

Zico - Tough Cookie. It's controversial for a number of reasons (Confederate flag etc) but it's truly ratchet because of those poor ladies trying to twerk and failing miserably.

4 Ladies -- Move. I mean. This mess speaks for itself. Not to give it more YT clicks than it deserves but... it is so ratchet, god!

Edited by Cat

• Members

Am I that predictable? LOL I just think 12:30 is perfection. The directing, camera shots, dancing (while random, is flawless), and it tells a cohesive story. I cant praise it enough

and WTF with that 4L video? Its a shame bc their voices are actually good but that trash distracts from it

Oh and poor EXO. The boys got trampled by crazy fans in London

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/14846279.html

1035_900.jpg

The twit doesnt realize that she sounds crazy

2PM

2PM is having a Japanese comeback in a few weeks

2pm-guilty-love.png

2PM-Guilty-Love-Japan-Ver.-Limited-Editi

Guilty Love....cant wait to hear it. Wooyoung will also be making his Japanese solo debut in February

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

12.30 was a really good video and it showcased Dujun's talents in particular.

4L is full-on uncomfortable to watch. I can't with the "choreography."

Yeah, not EXO London fans' finest hour. I heard about Crazy Twitter Lady who clearly thinks she and Sehun are an item. Apparently some of these delusionals were groping Sehun's ass! Like these boys are their property. It sends such a poor image of EXO fans in general. I don't think Beast fans act like this, do they?

That vid makes me cringe with the "Joggin" for Jongin and the chicks screaming "Don't touch him!" (maybe because they think he is their's). Not going to lie, if I saw my bias Kai up close, I would probably faint from all the beauty and the feels. But putting my hands on him like I know him? Like he's my bf? No. That's not acceptable human behavior. If this was a female star and male fans were doing this, they would be arrested for aggravated sexual harassment!

I love 2PM's poster with them all wearing glasses. I have a thing for K Pop idols in spectacles actually. laugh.png

I hear that 2PM and especially Junho are HUGE in Japan. Junho topped all the Japanese sales charts last year. So 2PM are smart to focus on where their fans are most loyal.

Isn't Wooyoung in a singing subunit with a member of SHINee? Key maybe?

Edited by Cat

• Members

Not that Im aware of. It seems rare for artists in K-Pop to collaborate with artists from a different company (WooYoung being in JYP and Shinee being SME)

And yes 2PM are VERY popular in Japan. They promote there as much as they do in Korea. Its a reason why the ones that have released solo albums, have done so and toured in Japan (Junho and Jun K). Wooyoung had his first album in Korea 3 years ago, so he's about to be solo yet again

The YG Family Concert in Japan apparently aired on TV last month so I was able to find and download it. Ive watched snippets of the performances but I will need to make time to watch the whole thing

Some YTuber made a compilation of 2NE1's Crush performances and man this song and the choreography is epic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS6p-EIL7EY

Heres to hoping their next comeback song is just as big. BTW, I love the costumes for it, especially the silver rendition that Minzy wears (with her long red weave). CL and Bom look like they forget to put on pants...lol

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

BTOB

This is super cute! BTOB performed Beep Beep with mini versions of themselves. I only wish the kids were dressed like the older guys

Taeyang

Trailer of his Tour blu-ray

2PM

I LOVE this. 2PM performed Go Crazy and remixxed a few of their past songs into it. Quite cool and they were having tons of fun

Beast

They performed Drive live! Man how I wish how that song was their second single to the album

Cat, I see another member of Shinee released a solo album. What do you think of it?

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

First of all, your sig! :lol: Should I be watching B&B right now?!

Secondly, I love the BtoB's Mini Me's. It's such a cool idea, in fact, that I wish they would do a MV and use the kid BtoB concept in that.

Taeyang showing off his insane body. Damn.

I love Drive, and the song stays with you. I don't know why they didn't follow up 12.30 this this either.

I did see that Jonghyun from SHINee released a solo. I had a listen to Crazy (another song called Crazy! wtf) and watched the MV. I... felt that it resembled Taemin's Danger MV too closely -- and I wasn't nuts about that vid to begin with. The MV felt like a whole bunch of nothing, like they'd had a concept in mind but edited it all out. The song... his high notes are beautiful. But I wasn't bowled over. Frankly I would have given him a different concept to differentiate him from Taemin but in this case I felt like it did not stand out for me.

You?

• Members

YES! B&B is so good right now. I think the fact that he doesnt have Hope and Brooke has forced Bell to focus on a new set of characters and its so refreshing. Im enjoying it while it lasts. The triangle/ well quad is the best thing on soaps today

I hope Beast at least incorporate Drive into their concerts. Its such a great song

I actually havent listened to it yet. I'll try to get to it sometime this week

• Members

B2ST

Finally treated myself by thoroughly listening to the Time & Good Luck EP's tonight

Drive - OBSESSED with Junhyung's opening & all his parts. Orgasmic. The hook is also sooo good. "Oh oh, good times, oh oh, bad times" wub.png And dat Chorus.

God, just saw this. It's even better live. 1:57 - 2:09 wub.pngwub.png YES ~~~~

It's All Good - I feel like Dongwoon is catching up to Yoseob. He sounds SENSATIONAL in this. I adore the melody of this track & the fact that the title is spoken in English ;-))

Close My Eyes - Not feeling this one that much but Junhyung's part is the business and I like the parts when Yoseob's singing the chorus

Stay - A bit too electro pop for my tastes but there's some good moments. Like Junhyung's. LOL.

So Hot - I was LMAO listening to this song and reading the lyrics. It's so cheesy. It doesn't seem like them, though they sound really good in it. I wish I didn't know what they were saying. LOL!

"It's so Hot" - best lyric. Loove how they say it

I already saw & loved 12:30. The video is stupendous. I wish they did a vid for Drive. Or So Hot laugh.png

I also listened to the Good Luck EP and I despise the title track & video. Sorry!

We Up - mellow.png Next.

Dance With U - This one's okay, I guess with b2st I prefer songs with a bit more soul. This album as a whole seemed geared more towards funky pop and im not 100% present for it. LOL. Junhyung's part tho..

No More - OMG wub.pngwub.png Looooooove. Dujun & Dongwoon SLAY in this. Love how Junhyung tones it down a bit and goes soft in it too. Overall, this is my sh-t

I remember watching the MV for it in passing too a few months back. Just watched it again and I appreciate it more. Indeed, the beastagram idea was really cool and innovative (lol@ Junhyung's name being "BadBoii"). Korean's STAY fresh w/the concepts. Dongwoon's part in the song will always get to me, but I cannot take him seriously in the MV with that hideous pink/violet/brown/blonde hair.

Tonight, I'll Be At Your Side - Cheap I went back & saw your rankings; why was this last laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png I think It's soo sweet sounding~~~;'-)