K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

OMG. I can't get enough of that song, and that comeback stage is amazeballs! I don't know which I loved more -- Mullet with the pink sequined romper suit? OLD FARTS GARAGE? (Do they know what that means?) The guy in the dress? "Slow down / slow down" and everybody collapsing to the ground? K Pop -- never change. I hope this album sells well for 2PM.

Dongwooooooooooooooon-ah. He was prob my bias in Beast before you posted this YT clip, but this just solidified it. Not only is he singing live for +7 minutes, he is playing the piano and wearing those glasses which make him look all kinds of manly and hot. He is more talented than I realized, and that song is beautiful. I hope Beast give him more solos or maybe a solo mini-album one day. He is at an age now where he could carry something by himself.

GD is apparently dating a Japanese model called Kiko somebody and it is stirring up a lot of drama between him and his stans. Firstly she posted some IG picture drug (well, pot) stuff, and in SK that is a big no-no in general society. Then she expressed some kind of support for Japanese prime minister Abe visiting a shrine where some soldiers accused of serious war crimes are buried. Since Korea suffered under Japanese occupation during the war and are still trying to get reparations from the Japanese government for those crimes, this is a big provocation, and the netizens really went after her and GD on Instagram about it. In fact, GD left Instagram for a while last month because of it.

LOL, trust me to get it wrong as usual. :lol: Anyhoo, Beyonce would never admit to getting inspiration from somewhere else. That's because she gets it all from God.

tumblr_mjwp3lzl2y1s103hro1_250.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They just released their album and the Party version of their MV.

LOVE it!

tumblr_nbxb1xqTdo1r20o7po3_500.gif

tumblr_nbxbayHlDD1qkc652o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nbxfjmmKeC1qjgb36o3_500.gif

tumblr_nbxdfkDoMa1sobar3o1_500.gif

tumblr_nbxampNIKD1ts2pwlo4_250.gif

Junho still gets no kiss. I'll be listening to the album the rest of the day

BTW, there was some controversy right before they had their comeback bc the lyrics were thought to be too vulgar: http://www.soompi.com/2014/09/04/2pm-considers-changing-go-crazy-lyrics-to-fit-kbs-broadcast-standards/

I mean really?

Agreed!

Super Junior

I dont think I mentioned this but there is one english lyric in Mamacita that always bothers me. Towards the end they say "Close your lips, shut your tongue" Shut your tongue? Their english could use some work...lol

• Members

Thanks for that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7xSjIAHclg&feature=youtu.be&list=PL0qYSLHXPElobqsyK8TiDAll5ktxGSKtL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAdtXhov4hM&feature=youtu.be&list=PL0qYSLHXPElobqsyK8TiDAll5ktxGSKtL

These two still just do it for me every. time. Never gets old. I adore them.

I was lmao @ 2:22 in the Beautiful video...what happened there? laugh.png

And Cheap, im LOL'ing that your having withdrawals. It's just crazy because you have been through so much with B2ST. I remember a time when you said they took over your life and you had to take a break from them laugh.png

***CRYING*** thank heavens they gave him that 6 minutes to shine. Breathtaking

A thousand times YES. He was my fave at first sight. Just an all around talented, charismatic & beautiful guy. And a jokester to boot. His In The Cloud solo is also out of this world. Been listening to that forever, I had no clue about "Everything"! I too would love if they gave him more solos.

dongwoon_zps9d3b64a1.png

He's just perf.

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members
I knew you'd love that they added Special back as the opening song of the show....lol. You need to check out their last album when you get time. Good Luck was soooo good.

I hate to admit it but when I was first into the group, he was my least favorite. There was something about him I always found a bit odd. However last year during Hard to Love, How to love, my interest in both he and Dujun changed. Now I absolutely love both and cant get enough of them

• Members

BTOB

tumblr_nc2ovcyL9t1rzbarso1_500.jpg

Comeback imminent! New Mini album is called Move. Glad to see them back but enough with the mini albums! Its about time they got a full album

Beast

B2ST will be returning in October.

In celebration of its 5th anniversary, B2ST will be releasing a new album on October 16, launching promotions merely four months after the group released Good Luck in June.

B2ST’s Son Dong Woon tweeted a stereogram image with ‘10/16’ written on it on September 14 and wrote the number ‘5’ indicating 5th anniversary, announcing B2ST’s comeback to take place soon.

B2ST also made a surprise announcement for its comeback in the fall during its solo concert 2014 Beautiful Show in August.

B2ST has been preparing for the new album in between its busy schedules, in order to keep the promise with the fans by gifting them with a new album.

tumblr_nbsqb5jRlx1snvzxbo6_500.gif

YAY! OMG, was not expecting this. Sorry BTOB. Love ya, but B2ST is gonna murder you...lol

BIGBANG

tumblr_nc3d1givUC1s7sar6o1_500.jpg

Daesung is coming out with a new mini album and LMAO at the cove

http://blog.koreaboo.com/post/97783511593/taeyang-sells-out-rise-concert-tickets-in-5-minutes

Tickets for Taeyang's solo concert go on sale and sell out within 5 minutes

tumblr_nbtwtlHVGt1tggqz4o2_250.gif

LOL

tumblr_nbybzkfghQ1qddb05o1_500.gif

Looks like they are doing a cover for 2NE1's Crush

CL

tumblr_nc24w4TLNP1qzjb8ko1_500.jpg

tumblr_nc24w4TLNP1qzjb8ko2_250.jpgtumblr_nc24w4TLNP1qzjb8ko5_r1_250.jpg

tumblr_nc24w4TLNP1qzjb8ko3_500.jpg

tumblr_nc24w4TLNP1qzjb8ko4_500.jpg
Wow, she is gorgeous

• Members

I was just coming on here to post the ELLE shoot! This is my favorite picture:

tumblr_nc24w4TLNP1qzjb8ko4_500.jpg

I don't think I have ever seen CL so gorgeous tbh. Apparently she is the youngest person ever to appear on an ELLE Korea cover, and the first musician. It looks like it is selling well, too.

Bye BTOB! I guess you love em then you leave em, Cheap! Because BEAST is back in town. I hope Dongwoon gets a solo spot, but more than that, I hope they match their perfect Music Bank score after Good Night lol. And I hope Junhyung keeps the black hair.

OMG D-Lite embracing the cheese. And Taeyang shaking that ass shaking that ass shaking that ass with 2NE1. :lol: Big Bang better quit farting around and start thinking about an album themselves while they're at it. I can't with all these individual mini albums at this point. And TOP is involved in an acting career apparently?!

In EXO news. they just finished an extensive run of The Lost Planet concerts with two in Beijing. It was notable not only because it is Lu Han's home town, but because he returned after bowing out of the Thailand concert last week. He had chronic exhaustion, bad migraines and couldn't sleep, and apparently the Beijing doctors chained him to a bed at the beginning of September and ordered complete rest. He was looking pretty beat back then, too. Anyway, he came back with new black hair (thank good, wasn't feeling the blonde caramel look) and a swollen eye from an eye infection.

After this, no more concerts until November and December... and they are all going to be in Japan. Things that make you go Hmmm. They are also supposedly recording a new album.

• Members

Posted Image

LMAO, Im still looking forward to BTOB as its been a while since they had material, but of course, Im here for Beast. The concept for the new Move EP, looks to be a bit more serious than their last venture. Apparently it will be 5 tracks with one bonus song. All the boys are back to dark hair after some sporting blonde. Changsub continues his trend of having awful hair all year (1st in the group shot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2PM

2PM is not only promoting Go Crazy! in Korea, but they also releaed a Japanese single for their other new song "Fight". Man Im really digging the chorepgraphy on that. Its too bad they didnt release a full length Japanese album this year. Maybe early next year

Posted Image

YES!

EXO

EXO does need to take a break and refresh. Theyve been through quite alot the past few months

• Members

Wait a minute.. this isn't Dongwoon, is it?!

tumblr_nc9qtvpUWu1sprtz3o1_1280.jpg

Because either he had some work done this summer (MAJOR work -- where did his nose go?!). Or somebody went cray cray with Photoshop. He looks like a completely different person.

Changsub's fried pudding bowl is seriously awful. Even Kai's fried Einstein hair looked better than that!

2PM's choreography is really good. I love that they are releasing multi-lingual singles, too. Get that yen boys!

In CL news, she is also in Korea's Harpers Bazaar this month. You would think that such a high-end magazie would make her look fabulous. On the contrary, she looks awful and they smeared vaseline on her face so it looks greasy. I am not posting the pics here because frankly I think it is an anomaly.

Big Bang's Seungri was in a car accident two weeks ago and, at the time, they said there were no serious injuries. But he's still at the th hospital 10 days' later! Hope he is ok:

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/14219837.html

• Members

Kai has a solo stage during The Lost Planet tour which is zombie-like and out of left field. The concept is sort of performance theatre/modern dance-y. At the end of it, he falls to his knees and does the "tired puppet" thing -- and then it launches straight into Overdose.

I still maintain he looks hot (the arms and ripped jeans alone) but, yeah, XOXO this ain't. laugh.png

Edited by Cat

• Members

Here is a short video of his solo. Like I indicated, it is 'out there,' lol. And you can see at the end where the rest of EXO-K appear from below and it segues straight into Overdose (one of my faves).

Edited by Cat

• Members

Her hair color looks much better there. I especially like the top photo

BTOB...not sure what to think. That almost reminds me of Beep Beep. Not feeling the blonde hair on Minhyuk. I guess its at least different as he always has the same hairstyle. Here's the second teaser which highlights more of the song

• Members

Girls Generation
Have you been paying attention to any of their drama? One of the members, Jessica, just got kicked out!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/09/jessica-releases-a-statement-of-her-own-explaining-she-was-one-sidedly-asked-to-leave-girls-generation-by-the-agency-members

Beast

Teaser for the new album. Not sure what it means but assuming its dropping on Oct 16 at 12:30?

tumblr_nd0oq5nQJ61s4vz2eo4_r1_250.gif tumblr_nd0oq5nQJ61s4vz2eo3_250.gif tumblr_nd0oq5nQJ61s4vz2eo2_r1_250.gif
LOL...like a boss
2PM
tumblr_nd0sftAbg51saapw7o1_500.jpg
That hair....why?
2NE1
tumblr_ncyyohQoTD1shxteuo1_500.gif
Congrats bc the video is amazing. Oh that was for passing 100 million Youtube views
tumblr_nd0eu0j9Ac1s1z32vo1_500.png
While I prefer her with lighter hair, Im really digging it here
Edited by Cheap21