K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

Am going to respond to your post in just a bit, but first...

BEAST got the triple crown on Music Bank --- three weeks in a row. They really are a powerhouse machine. No waonder BtoB doesn't want to go up against them comeback-to-comeback!

BsQc4ZNCYAAN61w.jpg

http://youtu.be/xijMi0DsHd8

And I am also posting this because what in the fanservicing hell?

pnaFlO.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That Born II Beat poster, damn.. they all look deeply hot! Come back soon, BtoB (and thank god it doesn't stand for "boy 2 boy." Some of these K Pop bands have really random English-language acronyms).

I listened to Junho's mini album. It's pretty decent. I like Feel and Dangerous best but No No No isn't bad either. Some of the song titles are in Japanese -- is this a Japanese release? Junho and 2PM must be big over there.

• Members

2PM is HUGE in Japan. They alternate between Korean and Japanese releases. Their Japanese albums arent merely their Korean songs in a new language as they release original songs over there. Junho along with member Jun K, both released their solo albums there this summer and toured. The group probably promotes equally in both countries. Its funny bc I thought Junho's first album was more suited for a Japanese audience as it was slower more ballad type songs whereas this recent one is more pop influenced with a bit of hip hop sprinkled on top, which would be more suited for a Korean audience

Beast

tumblr_n8ncgk8bXj1sgwns3o5_250.giftumblr_n8ncgk8bXj1sgwns3o6_250.gif
tumblr_n8ncgk8bXj1sgwns3o2_250.giftumblr_n8ncgk8bXj1sgwns3o1_250.gif
tumblr_n8ncgk8bXj1sgwns3o3_250.giftumblr_n8ncgk8bXj1sgwns3o4_250.gif
LMAO at the look on Dujun's face
tumblr_n8n99oEad91s4vz2eo3_250.giftumblr_n8n99oEad91s4vz2eo4_250.gif
tumblr_n8n99oEad91s4vz2eo1_250.giftumblr_n8n99oEad91s4vz2eo2_250.gif

I read that the promotions for Good Luck have officially ended and this is Junhyung's message to the fans

tumblr_n8ltn7GLIA1qkruj2o1_500.gif
He also got a haircut. Looks good but not feeling those earrings. Look forward to him going back to a darker look
2NE1
Minzy dancing for Adidas. Girl can move
Edited by Cheap21

• Members

tumblr_n8ncgk8bXj1sgwns3o1_250.gif

lol. LMAO! :lol: Dujun's face is so not amused.

Still, there are worse things in life than kissing Junhyung and Dongwoon on the cheek. At least he followed through! This is what I mean about Beast having a very good-natured rapport. You can see it when he finally ponies up for the kisses.

Junhyung's hair is SO much better but those Mall Meemaw earrings have got to go! He looks like a 50-year old woman with them.

Comeback is not quite over for Beast:

http://onehallyu.com/index.php?/topic/84853-beast-to-put-on-special-performance-for-fans-in-celebration-of-11-music-show-wins-during-%E2%80%9Cgood-luck%E2%80%9D-promotions/

BEAST1-800x450.jpg

On the latest broadcast of SBS’ “Inkigayo” on July 13, BEAST took home their 11th first place trophy with their title song “Good Luck.” BEAST has been put into the spotlight as being a group that is hard to find in the music industry these days, after sweeping music show wins for the past month.

Ahead of their comeback, BEAST put out a pre-release ballad track “No More,” with which they received first place, setting an record for three number one pre-release tracks in a row. Then, they took charge of the top spot on every music program after ranking high on music charts, even recording an exceptional perfect score more than once.

Also, BEAST earned a triple crown on KBS’ “Music Bank,” and won first for four consecutive weeks on MBC’s “Show! Music Core,” proving their immense popularity.

In order to thank fans for their love and support in achieving 11 music show wins, BEAST has prepared a gift for fans in the form of a special stage, where they will be performing the Korean version of “Sad Movie.” This track was originally released as a Japanese track and is said to have ranked high on the Oricon chart for a long time.

You can look forward to the special performance of “Sad Movie,” set to be revealed on music shows during the third week of July.

Cr:soompi

• Members

I read about this. I wasnt the biggest fan of Sad Movie but I look forward to this. I hate that they never performed No More, which was their pre-release single.

tumblr_n8r7r6l9pI1r0u8szo1_500.png
LMAO at that
tumblr_n8r8tvzMh61tub1fvo1_r1_1280.jpg
Beast gearing up for Beautiful Show 2014, their annual tour.
Wow, check out the first 30 seconds of this group, Ze:A's recent MV, Breathe
Now check out Beast's MV for THEIR song Breath from 2010. That group flat out stole their concept!

Good for him! Very well deserved. Wasnt he supposed to do a MV for Body? I was looking forward to that

• Members

Kris/Wu YiFan has released a music soundtrack for a Chinese movie. After keeping a dignified silence, he responds by showcasing his voice -- the voice SM Entertainment never really wanted to use all that much. I have to give props to Kris. He is managing the HELL out of this entire incident. He is letting his work do the talking, I guess.

The official release of his song is here, on Weibo (http://weibo.com/p/10151501_2857170), alternatively on YouTube:

I gotta say, he's no soaring D.O., smoky Baekhyun or soulful Taeyang but his voice is pretty decent. I always knew he was a slow-ballad singer! No more rapping for Kris, then.

Meanwhile, on BigBang front, T.O.P is modelling for Reebok:

14426_600.jpg

14825_600.jpg

Is there a running joke around that he might be gay? Because Omona (http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/13700862.html#comments#comments) also posted these:

tumblr_n8u0fu5OoO1tzfywmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n8u0fu5OoO1tzfywmo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n8u0fu5OoO1tzfywmo4_500.jpg

• Members

OMG, they totally stole Beast's idea!! Who is this pretender band? What godawful band name is that anyway? Trying to cash in on Beast's success, tut tut.

Love the cute reaction shot board for Beast -- lol @ Pink Hair's "bye" and Junhyung's hearts.

• Members

Wow, I didnt know he had a voice like that. Its a shame that SME silenced him, bc I didnt think he was a strong rapper. It almost sounds similar to what YG did with Taeyang, forcing him to become a singer when his original passion was to rap, but they already had 2 of those in the group. Similar, Junhyung of Beast was brought on as the group's rapper and wasnt allowed to sing until years later

I read he might be. I recall reading some speculation following the Fantastic Baby MV

tumblr_m0hj5hkh1v1r4ghrfo1_500.gif

which admittedly isnt his most masculine look. The reebok pics are lovely though. He photographs well

I think he is best with brown hair. Will miss the blonde just as I got used to it.

tumblr_n8wbc7iMpk1qi21mno1_250.giftumblr_n8wbc7iMpk1qi21mno2_250.gif

:lol:

Of course I have! I really love that one.

BTOB

tumblr_n8p3c8RMQl1rphwnwo1_500.jpg
Peniel and Sungjae looking fly

• Members

LOL @ Dongwoonie letting the maknae out for a walk.

Peniel and Sungjae. :wub: Peniel is really cute. BTW, BtoB are on their summer concert tour in Japan and apparently it is going really well:

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/13743335.html

Awesome news for them and YAY @ the mention of a forthcoming comeback! I can't wait to hear it.

LOL @ that pic of them wearing furry animal outfits. God knows what's going on there.

• Members

love my peeps in here. I read & savor everything. Glad this is still alive ;'-)

I was catching up on Beast. Omg I really love "Adrenaline" For some reason I think only the Japanese vers is available online?

That is one of their more simple vids but its really cool. The Dujun parts are the best! He had several shining moments. I really enjoyed him & Junhyung

But Dongwoon is still the best of the group to me biggrin.png <3

Meanwhile I'm still utterly devastated and scarred because Seungri's solo career tanked. Like what even happened you guys.

• Members

Taeyang

tumblr_n9608b1gbl1qb2yato6_500.jpg

Oh boy, now he has blue hair and Im definitely NOT feeling this look

The latest person to do a cover for Eyes, Nose, Lips. This is actually pretty decent

Bigbang

I want to go!

BTOB

Didnt even know they were on tour. I hope they come out with new material soon. It'll be interesting to see what the concept is for that

Yeah you have ALOT to catch up on. You totally missed the comeback of their last album which was pretty good as it was mainly written and produced by Junhyung. Dongwoon looked the best with his purple hair biggrin.png.

I think Adrenaline was only released in Japanese

what do you mean tanked? He had his solo comeback last year which he promoted for a month and then went on tour with BB. He's since done some acting and is now preparing for a BB comeback later this year. He did well for himself

• Members

I guess I mean the momentum didnt really last long, he only released two singles/1 video from his mini album and that was it. I was hoping he'd release at least one more to round out the 6 and become more of a household kpop name, separated from BB. But he sort of faded out music wise on his own and went back to BB (which is great). I'm glad he's coming back with BB but I just yearn for a more successful solo career for him someday, similar to GD's :-)

I was reading around and apparently a lot of people find him obnoxious and perverted :o

I actually quite dig this!