K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

I know -- Sabor de Mi! wub.pngwub.pngwub.png D.O. was flawless but all four did amazingly. Suho got some singing time and he really did a good job. I am so loving Suho these days. And his hair is ON POINT.

Can't believe I missed the Melon Awards, (!!!) but I did see that Beast got the triple crown on the music shows, three weeks in a row, for 12.30. SLAY BEAST SLAY.

Yoseob looking like a little kingpin in that suit. LOL, he is such a dandy. Aww at Dujun almost crying. I wish I could see Kikwang and Junhyung messing up!

Thanks for the link to that YT page. I really like Kimi wa do?

Taeyang still hot as [!@#$%^&*] but god I hate the hair. And I could have done without the backing dancer who gave Taeyang (and us) a full-on gynaecological view. Girl, put it away. laugh.png

2NE1. sad.png I have a feeling that this CL's-US-career thing is the straw that broke the camel's back for the rest of the group. Minzy seems like she has pulled out of the group, Bom is on indefinite hiatus and god knows where Dara is.

Hey, I'm not going to hate you for loving Winner! wink.png I flirted with BTS for a while! I actually was going to ask how you felt about IKON, YG's new wannabe Big Bang boy band. I think Winner has a ton of potential, and I have seen clips of Mino looking like a mini-GD and rapping like his life depended on it. He's cute! I also saw him speaking terrible Engrish in a Korean drama:

"coz of da homies. Aight?" laugh.pnglaugh.png

"Nat agin homie." ph34r.png

P.S.: why can I no longer embed YT videos?!

Edited by Cat

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes it was lovely. I liked the blonde but love that Suho is back to his more natural color. I love that they all seem happy and in a good place bc as mentioned before, you could see the stress on them

Ive been following their performances and love that they've been winning. I do have to mention this though.

Why is Kikwang dressed like a grandpa?

Its time for him to ditch the blonde already. He's had it for too long now. I want him to go back to the dark mohawk

Such a shame bc they just had a big year with the release of Crush and their AoN tour.

Ive listened to their album and love it. These boys are really talented.

Cant beleive I nearly passed them up. The bad thing about catching a group near debut is that they dont have alot of material. Here's to hoping they have a successful career

Ive never heard of IKON. Not sure I want to check them out, but I probably will eventually...lol. Another group, Ive been meaning to check out is GOT7, whom just debuted close to the same time as WINNER. They are with JYP and looking to be a mini 2PM

Have you checked out Red Velvet's sophmore song? I ignored it for the longest time and typed in the video on YT. After a short bit, I just wasnt interested. The vocals seem solid enough but without their colorful hair gimmick, they just seem generic with nothing really standing out

ETA: Your YT videos seem fine to me as I posted them. I think you need to remove the link from them

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Maybe YOUR grandpa. :lol: LOL, actually Kikwang is dressed like my grandMA with that slightly sparkly cardigan and buttoned-up blouse.Poor Kikwang drew the short straw. At least they didn't pair that outfit with a long strand of necklaces because that would have looked straight-up drag.

I need to listen to WINNER, especially since Mino is like a mini, young-G Dragon. Speaking of the REAL G-Dragon and Taeyang, have you seen this teaser?

2550554_original.jpg79474_600.jpg

It appears that GD and Taeyang are involved in a hip hop project of some kind, and that it is to be released soon! Woot! It ain't BigBang but it will hopefully be good. And fingers crossed that TaeBlonde does something about those wretched bleach locks! I too was all about the dark faux-hawk.

I've been tempted to check out GOT7 too, mainly because of Jackson who has a great ass on him. LOL, yes, I like to prioritise the important stuff.

• Members

Just coming on here to post this.

And ITA with you Cheap, the song is underwhelming. That hook could be in any US rap song circa 2006.

Let's hope there is more to this YG Hip Hop Project. And Mino -- all hopes rest on you, boy, to be the next G-D now that the real G-D is pulling lazy stuff like this out of his ass.

Edited by Cat

• Members
2NE1
Thats the trailer for their AoN tour and I have to say its their best concert yet. I saw the TV version and I loved it. The singing, dancing and special effects were great and YG put BIGBANG money behind them. Its a shame about the disbanding rumors bc this proves why they are one of the, if not best girl group in Kpop
If there was a reason for the other girls to be jealous of CL its bc she gets all the cutest outfits! I noticed in every set, her outfits were on point and the other girls (usually Bom and Dara) were in unflattering clothes. Just check out those clips to see
tumblr_nfj36wJkc41s7prnco1_1280.jpg
Girls as fat girls...lol
2PM

tumblr_inline_nfjhm4EyDK1slwq4w.jpg

Christmas with Taecyeon....YES!

Gayoon

Gayoon from 4Minute just did a BEAUTIFUL cover for Beast's 12:30. She is IMO the most talented from the group but like the rest get overshadowed by HyunA. Whats sad and pathetic is Beast stans hating on her bc apparently no one is allowed to cover their songs according to them.

Taeyang
taeyang-11.jpg
taeyang.png
I see no difference
KPOP
MelOn posted the top 20 list for 2014 and here it goes
soompi1.png
soompi2.png

http://bigbangupdates.com/2014/11/melon-reveals-top-20-artists-songs-2014.html

Edited by Cheap21

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I saved the 2NE1 live performances on my 'puter so that I can watch them next weekend. Work is pretty much killing me at the moment and this weekend I have to work also. So I haven't had time to watch the vids or even to post much here (and I want to because I've been keeping up with the RHoA and BH discussion, too!). So I'm sorry. I feel like it will be bittersweet watching these concerts, just because the group is on hiatus at the moment and CL is in the US (how is she doing btw?).

The MAMAs are going on right now but I'm going to have to check back on that later and hopefully get some of the best bits because... no time. :( I hope my babies EXO slay though. Last year they did a special, extended Growl/Wolf set which, performance-wise, gave me goosebumps. BTW, Wolf has finally grown on me, did I tell you that? I even like Kai in his cornrows. Boy could pretty much get it, anytime.

Speaking of hair...

:lol: LMAO! Taeyang, there's no need to out-GD GD. Even he combs his hair back with his snapback.

BtoB have released a Christmas single! The boys are still trying hard and still in the game!

The 90s ballad feel of this single is awesome, even though it is a cheesy Mewwy Kweeesmass song. Peniel rapping, boy, your accent is so sweet.

Speaking of the Peen:

Peniel and his BFF, F(x)'s Amber (US-born and raised, too) show Korea how it's done. I can't.

Taecyeon getting in on the Kreeesmass love, I see. And S L A Y EXO with your singles -- including one from 2013!

• Members

tumblr_ng1l1dZCdg1qc01goo3_r1_1280.jpg

Just saw the MAMAs and upset that Beast lost their category but glad that 2PM won theirs. What happened to Taecyeon though? He was absent

tumblr_ng0nkqIZh61rmcewdo2_500.gif

GD and Taeyang's live performance of Good Boy was better than the MV. Im going to need BIGBANG to come up with new songs though bc Im sick of seeing all the individual artists/duos do Fantastic Baby

EXO debuted as a 10 member group with a new song. Only the 3 strongest singers that can sing, did, while the rest danced. You'll be happy that despite their problems this year, they won big. Almost a repeat of last year's show. I have to say IDA with them getting Album of the Year. Im biased but I preferred Beast's two releases

tumblr_ng1vwotOCV1rb8gm2o1_500.gif

tumblr_ng1vwotOCV1rb8gm2o2_500.gif

tumblr_ng1vwotOCV1rb8gm2o3_500.gif

WINNER are super cute at award shows. Glad they won best new artist.

I really liked it. Here's the video

I thought that Amber was a dude!

Taeyang

taeyang-world-tour.jpg

Looks like he is going on a tour early next year, which means looks like no BIGBANG comeback for a while. Ugh! Glad for him but still frustrated as a fan of the group

• Members

I watched the MAMAs! I was so pleased EXO won some awards because they needed the validation. They looked completely demoralized, sad and emotional -- at last year's MAMAs they had been on a huge high and KILLED the live performance of Growl/Wolf. Now, with all the defections, lawsuits and ugly rumors, many were on the point of tears. I actually watched those parts with a heavy heart.

Winner/IKON jamming to the EXO set made my night. I just love Bobby and Mino. Dem body rolls while D.O. sang Tell Me What is Love!!! laugh.png Bobby fangurling during the Overdose thrust-a-thon! I can't.

Winner showed EXO mucho love during the MAMAs and it was definitely reciprocated. During Born Hater, Bobby came over so that Tao (who was FANGURLING like crazy!) could sing with him:

Love it when groups support each other and get into each other's music!

In other news, Kai performed his solo wub.png and Lay gave all the haters a speech to remember. Comeback imminent in January, mark my words.

At least 2PM won something, and apparently JunHo and 2PM slayed the Japanese charts this year with sales of their group and solo albums. Go boys!

Taeyang and GD did a great performance (TY's body, god damn) and it almost made me like the song. Taeyang's hair was still a hot mess of cow fugly, but he was so sweet and cute during the awards that I can look past it. Sort of.

BtoB's Christmas song is a jam. I really love it.

And no, Amber's not technically a guy but she does act like one (in the Korean press they refer to her "boyish charms" -- code for liking chicks). I do like her, though. Her Korean is very good, and she is very upfront and talented and has the friendship and admiration of basically every K Pop idol out there. She is very social and often seen out and about with lots of them.

I really do not understand why BEAST wasn't there and why they didn't win.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I knew you'd be happy. wink.png

Im loving WINNER. Like really digging them at the moment. Ive gone back and watched their live performances during their debut and they are really good. I still dont know all their names, but I can tell them apart now...lol

Im ready for them to make a Japanese debut with a new album there but I guess it wont be till after they are done touring

Random Taecyeon love

tumblr_ngg70prLeb1si550ao1_1280.jpg
tumblr_ngg5bvPJxP1tnw5y5o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_ngg4bhpJA41s0hoazo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ngf489rC5B1slctjxo1_400.jpg
tumblr_nge8s4jLCY1tlju6so2_500.gif
6837813760_248ea0ea95_o.jpg
6837815536_2e49cb9311_o.jpg
tumblr_m11zccYFFX1qcbaldo1_500.png

Im liking the song. The beat is very catchy. I find myself disliking alot of GD's songs and coming around to liking them more as I listen to them

No clue. They seem to get more love at the MelOn awards than MAMA. This is a few weeks ago but I just watched and loved it

What lucky fans!

2NE1

Girls will be appearing at Gayo Daejeon! Bom will be absent though sad.png

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/149522/20141210/2ne1-to-perform-in-seoul-broadcasting-systems-gayo-daejeon-end-of-the-year-music-program-without-park-bom.htm

Block B

I listened to their song HER, and I liked it. I swear I will not get into them though..lol

Taeyang

I guess it happens to all good performers, but Taeyang fell down some stairs

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I think am going to get into Winner too this holiday... lol.

Taecyeon's arms tho. wub.png Why they put him in a school uniform outfit, I will never know. This ain't one of EXO's maknaes. Taecyeon is ALL MAN.

It's funny you talk about Good Boy -- I went to a Korean restaurant this week with my Korean class and this song came on over the sound system in the middle of dinner. Without thinking, me and like four other people at the table started doing this:

tumblr_ng9ublCUHV1s4eyujo7_400.gif

All this to say that the song by itself has definitely grown on me. I think it was the MV that bummed me out -- it was kind of basic and messy.

Also, I watched the dance practice MV of Good Boy and GD was killing it! I always thought taeyang was the danvcer but I guess GD is really talented in that area, too.

Careful with Block B. I hear the are lots of fun and pretty good!

Taeyang ohmy.pnglaugh.png I feel so wrong for laughing.

• Members

I've been meeting & making friends with a lot of Asian folks lately and editing their music and party videos; Particularly Koreans from USC - those muthuh'f*ckas don't PLAY YOU GUYS! OMG. the best.

And when I tell them I listen to K-Pop they are always legitimately shocked & it instantly enhances the relationship. Theyre so so passionate for that music. Everyone listens to JYJ, IU, TOP, Leeteuk (and others from the group "Super Junior" including the whole band, how did I never catch on to them?). I was shocked to find that BIGBANG, 2NE1, BEAST and the like were not as popular within the particular Korean community here in SoCalifornia. I was just about laughed at. LOL ;'-(

• Members

Koreans are so sassy :lol:

I am surprised too but maybe (in the case of BigBang and 2NE1) some of their songs and definitely their attitude is already so US hip-hop in style. Like why listen to the KOrean version when the US originals are all around you in SoCal? Maybe that ex-pat community is drawn to the more traditional, old-skool Korean groups?

Aww Beast. I think Beast's music is so unashamedly pop, and with some really sweet ballads, that people get embarrassed about liking them and immediately attack them as cheesy. Whereas I look at Beast and see a depth of talent there and embrace of lots of musical genres.

I wonder what the KoAm community think of my bias group EXO? Probably hate them because they are so big now and lip sync all their "live" performances. Their performance skill and songs slay me, though.

I swear, Super Juniors are a phenomenon with so much longevity. DBSK (or TVSQ as they are also known) were also huge, but then those three guys left the group (and SM) to form JYJ. SM tried to make them outcasts in South Korea, so now they get the bulk of their $$$$ from promotion in Japan.

Edited by Cat

• Members
LOL....that sounds too funny

LOL...I dont know any of those except Super Junior. I think I may agree with Cat on why these bands appeal to us and not Koreans. YG's artists and Beast are very Westernized in their sound, feeling very familiar to me

Damn he looks good

New MV! Skrillex's Dirty Vibe with Diplo, CL and G-Dragon

Trailer for the YG Family World Tour 2014 Power in Japan. I love when they mix up the groups for this. I look forward to that BIGBANG cover of 2NE1's I Love You...lol

Edited by Cheap21