DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

IA with a lot of your points. Overall, despite how disappointed I was with throwing away Matt Ashford and Christie Clark again, I'm thrilled that for the first time in what feels like forever, the show knows what it wants to be . . . there's a thoughtful structure to the episodes (thank you, Lorraine Broderick!) and GT & CW have definitely focused the characters and everyone's actually positioned really, really well. For all of DRT & MMcP's good intentions, they weren't able to come remotely close to the keen organization "Days" has goin' on now.

Particularly, all the characters feel like they're exactly where they need to be or whatever they're doing with them is just really working. The younger set's viability is 10,000 x stronger now that they're logically interacting with each other again. Characters like Melanie, Maggie, and Nicole who lost their way under DRT & MMcP are back on track. Even though I lament the loss of Jack tremendously, Jennifer hasn't been better positioned on the canvas since PB & PC. Most everything is just so cohesively jiving. But there's no oomph--and "Days" seriously, seriously needs oomph. Unfortunately, I think (another) DiMera revival with JM and ED's returns are the intended "POP" . . . and I am just so over the DiMera's and one of the best things about GT & CW has been the absence of the DH's. (JMO, though.)

Now, the big issue for me is the Sami story. While some complained about her "regression" under DRT & MMcP, I think it was necessary--DH turned her into a standard variety long-suffering soap heroine and she & Rafe were truly sickening to watch. EJ & Nicole's reunion was also so pointless and poorly handled that I think it was necessary for EJami to f**k on that couch. Sami, IMO, had great content with Will, Mar, and Carrie and I was at least interested in seeing her navigate through this shitstorm. And I even really enjoyed all the pining between Rafe & Carrie. But it is too jarring after everything that went down with DRT & MMcP to see Lumi treated as an afterthought while EJ tries to all romance Sami with Rafe completely forgetting about Carrie and all the bad stuff with Sami to somehow being irresistibly drawn toward her. WTF?!? And Sami's OK for now, but the minute "she gets screwed over" I'm afraid the self-righteous long-suffering soap heroine of '09-'11 returns. jeal0002.gif

But on a lighter note--I'm loving the increased screen time for Justin & Adrienne!!! wub.png

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Damn, what's happening to Chad? He's so unlikeable. I love evil Dimera's but this isn't the way to make Chad turn to the dark side. The Melanie/Nick scenes were pretty good, especially the last scene.

That Will/Sonny kiss was, once again, awkward. If these two are the rooting couple, there should've been a long build up to the first kiss.

"Who will get Sami's vagina?" storyline is a total snooze fest.

• Members

That kiss was SEXY!!!

Are we going to get more?

Something even HOTTER!!! (Perhaps)

I will record on Monday. But I hope they don't leave me hanging for weeks. I hate that stuff.

Marlena looks good. I haven't seen her in ages. She looks good. I started watching her at six years old.

~Milo

"Scandal" comes back on ABC Thursday at 10 pm.

• Members

tumblr_marm3fggKa1r9c8mno9_r1_250.giftumblr_marm3fggKa1r9c8mno5_r1_250.gif

tumblr_marm3fggKa1r9c8mno6_r2_250.giftumblr_marm3fggKa1r9c8mno7_r1_250.gif

I just cant with Nicole stripping down naked and posing for an impromptu photoshoot with only a sheet in the middle of Jennifer's living room. What if someone walked in on her?

tumblr_marjlp2gLQ1r9c8mno1_500.gif

I did love when she was mouthing to her baby about Jennifer and went "bitch. Sorry, I didnt mean that. On second thought, yes I did"

tumblr_maqx93voV91r9c8mno1_r1_500.gif

One thing I will say I appreciate is that she is finally being written with some fire again.

tumblr_marjal84Fr1r9c8mno1_250.giftumblr_marjal84Fr1r9c8mno2_250.gif

LOL..Billie is such a bitch. I loved their exchange and how she kept taunting him about Sami

tumblr_mar934XTXC1r9c8mno1_250.gif

A while ago Hope, but its ok

tumblr_mar7b2Ow2O1r9c8mno1_250.giftumblr_mar7b2Ow2O1r9c8mno2_250.gif

tumblr_mar7b2Ow2O1r9c8mno6_250.giftumblr_mar7b2Ow2O1r9c8mno7_250.gif

tumblr_mao4rggVd41r8xei8.jpg

• Members

Sami: "Adrienne? That bitch! What did she say to you?" LMAO! I LOVE that Sami guessed Adrienne right away. OMG, the Adrienne/Sami/Kate dynamic was compelling to watch this week. I loved when Kate stepped into the scene during Adrienne & Sami's argument! Adrienne looked startled laugh.png I wish this could continue!

I hope that whoever they have Sami end up with (probably Rafe but I wish things weren't so bad between her & Lucas), it stays that way & for a good while. I'm so tired of her love stories and think she's so much better to watch when she's getting in Will's business and/or dealing with her own over at Countess W. Anything but her love life, please. Anything.

I was hoping Nick would get a job at the coffee shop and him & Sonny would get really close. So far, I'm not captivated by him & Gabi yet.

I'm digging dark, psychotic Chad! Casey's really selling it for me. Didn't like Chad beating up Nick, though. That was too much.

Molly Burnett has been riveting to watch. One more week, I'll miss her sad.png

Jenn/Daniel/Nicole e5028380.gif I think this is the least likable Nicole has been for me, ever. I was done when she decided to name the baby "Daniel Rafael" rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif And I can't even begin to express how much it infuriates me that toolbelt d*ckwad DANIEL still has strong story going on. UGH!

Brady & Jenn were kinda cute to me, guys ph34r.png

• Members

I am loving Nick's return so far :wub: its the only part of Days I am watching currently lol. I didnt think I would like him and Gabi but I do.

WTH is wrong with Chad?

Oh and on Wednesday's episode Chad said why is Nick staying with Melanie's grandmother I was like rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif Nick was Maggie's nephew long before Melanie and Daniel came along. UGH!

Archived