DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always enjoy Victor and Kate scenes and glad they got to interact again.

Bo leaving bc of budget cuts isnt coming across as bad onscreen. Im glad that he is leaving on his terms and seems satisfied and content with this new chapter in his life. With Hope staying and they in a good place, I wonder how they will sever ties between them. Im guessing he will egt lost at sea or "die" some other way in the coming months

Sami, what a stupid bitch. Isnt she working on a reunion with EJ? Now she's simultaneously talking and opening up the possibility for the same with Rafe?

Lucas was HIGHLY annoying. All he does is harp at Sami and her decisions. Can he please go away?

• Members

Hes talked down, berated, and made her feel like he is too good for her since they got together. Never got the appeal.

Like, all her relationships are abusive, basically, but the Lucas one really bothers me bcause he berates her so much. Yeah, that bothers me more than the rape with EJ. Deal with it people.

• Members

I don't know how I feel about DAYS right now. I find the episodes are easier to watch than during the reboot where sometimes I felt one episode was like 2 hours long. Still, the new HWs don't seem to have compelling stories. A lot of it feels like a retread and I don't see many interesting new stories.

Things I like:

- Jennifer. I haven't enjoyed her since she returned, but I like a slight scheming side of hers. I also like the potential of Jennifer/Brady. I LOVE that she's giving Nicole a chance to be bad again.

- Sonny's storyline. I grew so tired of Will, but Sonny seems like such an interesting character. Sonny, Adrienne and Justin remind me of As the World Turns characters and that coffee shop reminds me of Java. I'm in HEAVEN for those reasons. I also think this is a well written story. I love T and Will being involved.

- The return of Nick. I wish this meant the return of Chelsea or an attempt at a story for Billie though.

What I HATE:

- Anything involving Chad. Since he arrived people have gushed over him or Chill and I don't see it. The actor is TERRIBLE, forgettable and the character is pointless. I hate him more than anything. He's ruined Melanie as well.

- Speaking of...can this hoe leave already? SO over Melanie. Need her to leave ASAP.

- The lack of BIllie. These new writers seem to have a good handle with what little they give her, but why not attempt a story? I love those scenes with EJ, but nothing will ever come of it.

- The lack of Lucas. Why is his screentime dependent on a relationship with Sami? He's a popular legacy character. They should bring on a new actress to be his love interest.

- Rafe/Sami/EJ triangle is boring. The only time I liked Rafe was with Carrie. He isn't the right match with Sami. I don't feel much for Sami/EJ either at this point. THese three are collectively putting me to sleep.

• Members

I wish they would do a '70s-style Days story where they really examine the psychological underpinnings of Sami's attraction to abusive men -- and yes, I agree with you that Lucas is and always has been cruel and condescending to her, just as EJ is and always has been. Her need to be mistreated makes perfect sense in the context of Sami's past -- her guilt over all the shady things she's pulled and the fact that she was never good enough for good-guy Austin, her first love. It would also explain why she's still attracted to good-guy Rafe -- he's a throwback to Austin and he represents her salvation from the "dark side." Of course, a relationship with Rafe can never work as long as Sami remains as damaged as she is. But perhaps Laura Horton can come back to town and treat her!

I have no illusions this will actually happen, of course. But it's nice to dream.

• Members

I think we'll agree to disagree on this one. I know Lucas can be at his best when he calls out Sami and argues with her, but their chemistry is so damn good. :)

That said, I think the constant juggling of Sami between EJ, Rafe and Lucas is hurting the show more than helping it. Giving each fanbase crumbs doesn't help the show. But I think Days is afraid if it picks one of the three and sticks with that couple, they'll lose the other fanbases/viewers.

I say take the chance and go with it.

• Members

Fanbases should not control show decisions. And how many people does a fanbase amount to relative to total viewers. Samis rotating love life lost appeal a long time ago.

The episode structures are better,,the show is just so so so so slow and still sleepy.

Chandler Massey, yeah he only has chem with Deidre Hall.

Archived