DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

Aftera couple decent weeks. The show just feels very sleepy to me. I think SOME of the character interactions are better, and I can say I'm enjoying Nicole again(not her story) it just seems very flat.ej making P, B, and J sandwiches really? And I just don care for Missy Reeves or Jennifer. She's checked out as an actress, has lost her charisma, and is being now carried by Ari Zucker

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now that they've wrapped up the old writers' stories, I agree that everything feels a bit sleepy. It's much less head-scratching or infuriating than it was months ago, but it feels like every single story is in a setup phase or a lull. I hope there's a big storyline about to kick in someplace.

• Administrator

Yeah, the show hasn't been that exciting since DAYSaster ended. It's been the Melanie/Daniel/Sami show and they're not the best part of the show right now (well, Dan/Mel are never the best part anyway). One of the better things about the M&D tenure was having less Jonas' onscreen! I've only liked Nick's return but even that hasn't been too exciting. I think maybe they're in a lull right now because they're waiting unti Oct for the big stuff - with the big return and the big exit.

Jen/Brady? That's just too weird. Even if they decide to go there, Dan/Jen is cleary the "rooting couple" - CW/GT love them. Yuck!

• Members

One of the issues I have is the Will stuff. I feel the show kind of lost their momentum and this idea that they are now trying to create some conflict with Adrienne rings false even if I do like her. Plus while its no secret I don't care for Chandler Massey, he and Freddie Smith have zero chemistry. He actually has more chemistry with Camille Banus than he does with Freddie.

And I liked Nick's return story, I thought they did a great job, but it went on maybe 2 days too long and the poor Melanie part of it got to be wearing.

I also am just not at all interested in anything Sami anymore. I've become so apathetic to her character. If I felt putting her with Rafe or EJ would put her on the backburner I'd be all for it.

• Members

While I liked the Jen/Brady scene, where is John? He should clearly be used in talking to Brady (or establish Brady is uncomfortable talking to him) about deceased wife's, seeing as how John lost Brady's mother. I also wish John would have a chat with Abe about Isabella.

• Members

I don't think Missy Reeves looks bad--she just looks her age. The alternative is to spackle her with makeup like they did in '94/'95 and the '00-'06 run. Not to criticize their looks, but Missy looks natural right now while Kristian, Deidre, Lauren, Lisa, and Judi do not. Not everyone can be as gracefully ageless as Mary Beth.

• Members

I have a hard time feeling for Chad hating on Nick and the possibility of him running into Melanie when he has let her latest tormenter free. Seriously, I dont like how he is keeping quiet for Gabi

Puke to Rafe and Sami kissing

Loving EJ

Adrienne needs to fix her hair

• Members

I don't care if they look natural or not, I just want them to look good. Deidre, Lauren, Lisa & Judi look good. Kristian I think is too skinny to look good and Missy just is poorly styled. She needs a new style to fit her mature looks. Maybe darken her hair a bit or cut it. It won't stop her from looking so haggard, but it might be more age appropriate for her.

• Members

So do I. Lets see, they sure made Brian to be such a winner, but Will like his mother are both losers. Sonny needs to be bitch slapped, a I don't understand the fascination of Sami and Will that the men of Salem have on them! Sonny seems like an smart guy, and if this was some bar in NYC, Brian and Sonny would have done the nasty ontop of the bar!

Archived