Most OUTLANDISH Storylines in Soaps

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved loved uberloved outlandish OLTL in the late 80s. Nothing will ever approach the greatness that was Eterna, but Cord being forced to battle professional wrestlers will always have a place in my heart.

I was just thinking about that wrestling fiasco they had. But I sure loved it. Only 80s OLTL and Andrea Evans/John Loprieno could pull that off.

• Members

I loved loved uberloved outlandish OLTL in the late 80s. Nothing will ever approach the greatness that was Eterna, but Cord being forced to battle professional wrestlers will always have a place in my heart.

Were they actual professional wrestlers? If so, do you know who?

• Members

For me, the most outlandish storyline was from ATWT, a soap usually grounded in reality. Shannon O'Hara was married to her swashbuckling Scottish beau Duncan McKechnie. Duncan , of course, had a psycho ex-wife (Lillith) in his past, who wanted to remain the ONLY Mrs. McKechnie. Duncan received a "gift" from Lilith. He opened the present and was shocked to see Shannon's shrunken head (I'm not making this up). To make the scene even more ridiculous, Duncan (upon seeing the little kewpie doll noggin) wailed in his fake Scottish brogue "Oh Shannon, my wee lassie!"

I wonder if that scene is on YouTube somewhere?

• Members

Does anyone else remember when Tyrone Jackson went undercover as a white man on Y&R? Bill Bell should have been ashamed of himself. I even think they had a black character named 'Kong' in that storyline. What was he thinking?

The actor who played Tyrone said he had a lot of trauma when he started playing that story. He seemed to really regret it.

The idea shocks me but from what people here have said, Bill Bell did give a lot of respect to Tyrone, Amy, and Kong (later Nathan) in the story.

• Members

For me, the most outlandish storyline was from ATWT, a soap usually grounded in reality. Shannon O'Hara was married to her swashbuckling Scottish beau Duncan McKechnie. Duncan , of course, had a psycho ex-wife (Lillith) in his past, who wanted to remain the ONLY Mrs. McKechnie. Duncan received a "gift" from Lilith. He opened the present and was shocked to see Shannon's shrunken head (I'm not making this up). To make the scene even more ridiculous, Duncan (upon seeing the little kewpie doll noggin) wailed in his fake Scottish brogue "Oh Shannon, my wee lassie!"

Not too mention Shannon turned alive years later (i believe 1994)

• Members

I recently watched the magic carpet ride on YT not too long ago.

Nothing tops Vincent/Valarie on Passions. I used to like Valarie prior to 2007/2008. And purposely sleeping with her father to get pregnant and singing a little song about it was so disgusting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTQ3pYJJhpo

I can't even blame Julian and Eve for alwyas being drunk the DTV year.

• Members

I have to go with Y&R's Adam jabbing himself in the eye with needles, dressing in drag, deliberately causing a miscarriage, throwing a fetus into the fireplace, having the woman who had said miscarriage "examined" by a doctor who molests his patients, and finally seducing his brain dead twink of a lawyer by fixing his tie over and over.

This was never sold as crazy or sci-fi or otherworldly. This was taken very, very seriously, which just made it even more sick.

When you read it out, in order, on paper...it's probably the worst of the worst.

Did they ever even explain it??

Of course not! It's DAYS...Georgia/Chelsea/SwampFetus just happened.

• Members

Of course not! It's DAYS...Georgia/Chelsea/SwampFetus just happened.

I think I read somewhere that she hadn't been miscarried, but instead swapped out for a dead baby by Stefano at the last minute? Can anyone confirm this?

Archived