Most Horrifying Soap Opera Storyline/Scene

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A scene that's always stuck with me is the infamous Christmas 2001 scenes from EastEnders during Little Mo's domestic abuse storyline where Trevor forces her to eat food off the floor like an animal.

This was a great storyline though from the last golden age of the show.

Starts 3:06 IN:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oViPyIRg6sg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members

Sarah's death on Hollyoaks. Her ex-girlfriend Lydia was jealous of the growing relationship between Sarah and Zoe, so when Sarah and Zoe went skydiving, Lydia followed them and cut Zoe's parachute. Unfortunately, the parachutes were swapped, and Sarah used the cut up one. As she and Zoe are falling through the air, she pulls for her chute to open, but it never does, and you see the horror on her face as she realizes she's about to fall to her death.

• Members

I was going to say anything on GH as of late, but I'm going to have to go with this. Those scenes were graphic and horrifying but excellent execution and storytelling. Rape is not a love story, rape was not pretty AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, rape was not a plot point. I was talking to someone not so long ago about Margo's rape, and I told her that was back when rape was rape. Women were not running after their rapist to be "raped" again.

• Members

This is kind of random but I remember asking somebody about GL. I had never really seen the show before. They started to tell me how great it was and about this Nurse Annie Dutton who had lost a baby but kept the dead fetus inside of her for whatever reason... Needless to say, I couldn't tune in to watch GL after that. For some reason, the whole idea of this was truly horrifying.

Another horrible scene was Emily being strangled to death and gurgling all the way to her last gasp.

Archived