Most Horrifying Soap Opera Storyline/Scene

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Disgusted-Grandma.gif

I can't stop thinking about all of the children who saw that because their trashy dumbfounded parents couldn't bring themselves to flip the channel or send the kids out of the room. I can't believe that made it to air! This should be exhibit A whenever a soap or even a primetime program has to fight tooth and nail to show two people of the same sex kissing. Amazingly, John Waters would have made that funny. This was just beyond creepy.

• Members

Carly never laughed at Jax being raped! She responded to Jason's reaction. We still live in a world where "men can't be raped". Look at how it's been addressed on tv. When a child is a result of a man being raped, everyone has to fight to get that poor child away from it's rotten unfit mother with little or no attention paid to the rape. When a woman has a child of rape, we watch her pain and struggles of her nightmare. The child is a constant reminder of what happened to them.

Male rape has never been taken seriously! They are just plot points.

• Members

For me one that really stuck with me was AMC in 1994: Erica on trial for stabbing Dimitri and testifying in graphic detail about her rape on her 14th birthday, juxtaposed with what was happening across town: Bianca had gone to find Kendall and had run into Richard Fields instead, who locked her in the hotel room and attacked her. Erica was testifying about him locking the door, and then the camera would cut to Richard Fields locking Bianca in the hotel room and backing her into a corner. I remember watching it the first time and thinking "Holy [!@#$%^&*] - they aren't going to show this little girl being raped are they??"

Michael Cambias trying to rape Erica and then later raping Bianca was hard to watch too.

Archived