Most Horrifying Soap Opera Storyline/Scene

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fiona Hutchison!!!!!! Swoon! I hated that Gabby died, but FH smoked it. When Al had died, that was FIona's Emmy, but... I believe Gabby's death is what put OLTL on my chit list, which is where it remained til it's timely death. The rumours were flying that FH was out, but TIIC continued to lie to us and tell us that there is more story for Gabby and she won't be going anywhere. Three weeks later, she was dead in Bo's arms. I cried, and unfortunately, it was at the OLTL table in the cafeteria at my job. Quite embarrassing!

MAB was doing triple overtime to salvage Adam after this. There is no way Adam should have survived such a storyline. Crazy is crazy!

• Members

This is what kept me away from OLTL for YEARS. I watched a tiny bit more after her death, but not for long. I actually stopped watching regularly after JDP (Max) was fired--I was crushed when that happened. But Gabrielle's death--no matter how much good Michael Malone did for the show, he killed Gabrielle off in the bathroom next to a toilet. And kept her from reuniting with Max. And that ain't cool with me.

And HELL YES to Al's death being Fiona's Emmy. I'll never understand why the only time Fiona ever got recognized was when she was nominated as Jenna on GL, and it was only one time, too. Ridiculous. I mean, I can see how the campy nature of OLTL in the late 80s/early 90s could overshadow her work, but still, she's always deserved more recognition than she EVER wound up getting.

• Members

Actually, she was a woman, which makes it worse (combined with the fact that you had female EP Gloria Monty there too).

Didn't John rape Kim on ATWT in the 70s when they were married? And she couldn't do anything about it because marital rape wasn't considered a crime yet? That wasn't how Andy was conceived, was it?

• Members

Doug Marland, the GH HW before her, actually left the show because GM wanted Scotty/Laura's marriage complicated by Luke almost immediately, while he wanted the two of them to have storylines as a couple (happy, I'm assuming) alone for awhile. He wanted Luke to be fascinated by Laura, but that's it--Laura never would have wound up with him. He didn't Luke to rape her, either. GM/PFS actually intended to kill Luke off after the rape, but the then there was the whole chemistry thing, and we know what happened after that.

• Members

Yes, John raped Kim sometime after she miscarried Bob's baby (later rewritten; Sabrina; Kim and Jennifer went into labor at the same time on Christmas Eve '72 or '73) but Andy was not a result of that rape. Kim later suffered a concussion in a tornado; John "kept her all to himself" (according to the ATWT bible) before she regained her memory, and she learned she was pregnant after that (after she had fallen in love with Dan). Andy (apparently) wasn't born until 1976.

The bible is unclear, but John clearly employed deception (he used her memory loss to his advantage and was actively trying to keep Kim and Dan apart), it seems Andy was the product of a "rapemance".

Archived