Most Horrifying Soap Opera Storyline/Scene

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In a way? Yes. I'm sure we could examine the history of soaps pre-Luke & Laura and uncover all kinds of rapemances; and I'm sure, too, most of those were perpetrated by male HW's and EP's since there was a time when women running these shows wasn't as common as some might believe. However, for all intents and purposes, the trend of glamorizing and glorifying rape on soaps began with Gloria Monty and Pat Falken Smith on GH.

Meanwhile, perhaps I'm easily horrified, but I thought David Kimble's death on Y&R to be pretty damn gruesome.

• Members

I never saw the clips, I kind of want to, but just the description of it I find incredibly disturbing and sick...

Apparently on Passions at one point, Alistar would repeatedly rape Theresa, and one time, Gwen could hear the abuse taking place from outside the door. Rather than stop it, she smirked and turned up a radio so that no one could hear Theresa's cries. Don't know if that's a 100% accurate description of the scene, but that's what I remember reading. That's just sick.

• Members

On OLTL: Both Marty's original rape, and then the rapemance "sex scene" with Victor/Todd and Marty in 2008 were horrific. They played it as a love scene, but every time I see the shot with Victor running his hand down her stomach I have an incredible visceral reaction. It made my skin crawl.

There was also an incredibly harrowing scene in late 2002 where Mitch tried to force Natalie, who he'd tricked into marrying him, to fulfill her marital vows. He threatens to kill Cristian, so she shows up at his place and he makes her wear lingerie. There's a scene of her coming into his bedroom in this outfit, just sobbing, which was impossible to watch.

There was also a very awkward, bizarre and disturbing death scene in 2004 where Saundra Santiago's character, Angelina/Isabella Santi, Antonio's bio-mom, slipped and fell on a broken wine glass or something and spent an hour on the floor lying there bleeding to death.

• Members

Well, at the risk of opening a floodgate that nobody wants, Teresa could have left Alistair at any time, but she bargained with him to get Epig. Every disgusting thing Teresa did was to get Epig, even whoring herself to Alistair Crane. I believe Teresa's self loathing and obsessive compulsive disposition was worse than anything that happened to her as a result of it.

• Members

Yeah she really didn't even have to marry him but claimed he was her ticket to winning Ethan. It was kind of hard to feel sorry for her.But yes that's how it happened and those scenes were gross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkuadz-sdH8

But the ones where Fancy got repeatedly raped I barely watched and when I did it was between my fingers. That was before they made Vicent the rapist so it was just some dude in all black and a ski mask.

Archived