And the Nominees are....

Jonathan

• Members

I am actually surprised OLTL didn't get best show and/or writing just because the soap industry as well as press seemed so gung ho towards them.

Was it in another thread--do we know which episodes each show submitted for best show (or writing?)

I obviously really hope AMC wins either/or. Not only because it's my favorite and it would be a nice final "victory" but, even with some very questionable material, I honestly really do think it had more better writing and material than the other nominated soaps in that sorry category.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that Slezak is a shoo in if she submitted the special anniversary episode where she was the focus of the whole show and played many of her alters. I watched it twice and thought that she was brilliant in that episode.

• Members

The last time he was nominated in 2001 he also did NOTHING the entire year besides talking with his children. So his "subtletly" in total storyline limbo apparently is a Emmy grab. LOL!

Not that I complain; I find McCook underrated and if Mo Bernard can score another undeserved nom...

• Members

Im glad B&B was nominated bc finally a different soap can win. Hopefully its AMC. Its too bad OLTL wasnt nominated over GH or Y&R

Pulling for B&B. They have great location shoots

AMC. The writing on the others has been an absolute joke

• Members

I love Shelley Hennig's submission. She submitted the scenes when Nathan confronted her about Parker's paternity switch. I loved how Stephanie threw it right back on Nathan for loving Melanie and not her. Shelley was great in those scenes.

• Members

I hope we see Erika Slezak break another record, just to see her win one last time. Though Debbi Morgan would be nice.

Sean Blakemore is the token black nominee, to follow in the same fashion as GL's Kevin Mambo (two-time winner!) and Y&R's Bryton McClure.

John McCook? Yikes. He's definitely a cliche "soap opera actor". It'll probably go to one of the usual GH leading men.

I hope for Chandler Massey just as a vote of confidence to say #gayisokay to Days. smile.png

I would love to see DAYS win for best show just because I don't think anyone would expect them to actually win.

(Both supporting actor/actress lists are so ridiculous it's not even worth mentioning)

• Members

Blurg! I tried to quote some posts and the system F-ed up and wouldn't let me! Grrrrrr......

Drama Series I don't see GH getting this in "a walk." AMC's episodes were very, VERY STRONG and deserve recognition every bit as much as GH. I'd LOVE to see them sneak in and pull out the win. I admit to actually kind of liking the Y&R ep narrated by Diane if only because I LOVE Maura West and her narration was fabulous. I don't remember DAYS actual submission, but I remember it being MarDar stuff, and bad MarDar stuff at that. They should have gone with the early-in-the-year Parker Paternity Reveal & Aftermath Eps. They'd have had a better shot at the Gold IMO.

Lead Actor John McCook over DON DIAMONT (an ACTUAL Lead Actor)? PUH-LEEZ, McCook should be submitting in Supporting now anyway. Susan Flannery he is not. I also think Vincent Irizarry's omission is GLARING and he should've gotten in there instead of McCook, Mumbles, or Woods.

But I must say I'm LOVING that Muhney didn't get in there. Why? Because he's nowhere NEAR as good as his own hype. He's a legend in his own mind! :lol: I

The contest is probably between Geary & Williams, with most seeing Geary as the front runner. But Williams did some stellar, subtle work as Jesse admitted to Angie that their baby was dead.

Lead Actress

Apparently VENEERS(sp?) are OUT this year because HALLELUJAH the category is Cooper and Stafford-free!!!!! Can we bust out the champagne? Hell, I'd be painting the town RED if Michael Learned (the REAL Katherine Chancellor ;) ) had scored a nod over Cooper.

That said, what we're left with is the weakest slate I've seen in years. Laura Wright STOLE that Emmy from Colleen Zenk last year (she seriously did- Zenk turned in a 22 minute Master Class in Acting, Wright submitted 9 minutes in which she was out-acted by the kid who played Morgan!) so she's the last person I'd wanna see repeat. I'm not a Slezak fan- of her as a person or an actress. I respect her acting, but have no appreciation for it whatsoever. I like Chappell. She's a talented actress, I liked Carly, and don't think she deserved to be fired one bit. She brought out some of the best acting I'd seen from Kristian Alfonso in YEARS, maybe decades. That said, I didn't love her exit storyline, though she seems to have a knack fro picking a powerhouse reel, so she can never be counted out. Heather Tom is a powerhouse and had A LOT of great stuff to choose from. While I still prefer her as Victoria, Katie really grew on me last year. I'd actually really like to see her win.

But I'm hoping that the award belongs to Debbi Morgan (though I wasn't too happy with her submitting her name for 2 shows- Maura West had the opportunity to do that last year and chose not to do so- Morgan doing so was all ego. She could learn a thing or two from Maura). Regardless of all that, she gave a raw, powerful performance when she realized her baby had died and did some great work with Irizarry as well. For those who thought she was robbed last year, believe me, she wasn't (her real was all of 6 minutes, told no story, was choppy as all get-out, and didn't have more than a 2 second moment where Morgan could really shine and impress). Either way, I think we'd get a classy as all hell speech from her and would this make her the 1st African American actress to win in Lead? If so, I can't think of anyone more deserving, nor the final Lead Actress win be more fitting than that.

Supporting Actor Ok. So we got the Cyborg from GH, the off his meds ADHD/Manic Freak from GH, the overrated prettyboy from GH, the extremely talented actor from GH who cries so well that GH only allowed him to cry in 2011, and Matthew Ashford from DAYS who is so loyal that he returns every year or two and is fired every year or two, even though he can act circles around 99% of the men on the show and is the ONLY one who has developed, with little to no help from the writers, a well-rounded, flawed, interesting male character to watch. I'd LOVE for him to win for that alone, not to mention to stick it to DAYS for firing him for the umpteenth time and keeping a bunch of actors who can't even score a DAMN PRE-NOM (I'm looking at YOU Sweeney, Gering, Scott, and Christian)

Supporting Actress I'm not a Rebecca Herbst fan. Never have been, never will be, and her acting leaves much to be desired. I want to like Melissa Claire Egan, I really do, but watching AMC, seeing her reel last year, and watching her on Y&R now, her acting seems so labored, like she's trying too hard and it really shows onscreen. To her credit, it doesn't help when she's working with actors who aren't trying at all. I WILL say that with the right scene partner, she tones it down and is much better. Genie Francis. Got nominated. As Genievive? :lol::lol::lol: Oh PLEASE let them show the reaction shot of JFP to Francis's clip. Please oh please oh please. I wanna see her whisper to Frank V - "See- I told ya she wasn't worth the trouble...." Hendrickson had some rockin material this year and while Chloe may not be my fave character, Hendrickson did give some solid performances this year. I wouldn't be upset if she won. But I gotta say, I'm rooting for NLG and here's why: she's a true supporting actress on her show, never on any occasion phones in it, and, when compared to the other 4 contenders, none of them are even in Nancy's league. So it's hard not to root for someone who could act circles around every actress in her category. Judge the category this way: Do an ACT-off. LIVE on the Daytime Emmy broad(pod?)cast. NLG will have it in the bag.

Younger Actor Not bothering. Bryton James FINALLY gets material he can really chew on and THIS is the year the choose not to nominate him? So. God. Damn. Bogus.

Chandler........it's yours to lose..........(which you probably will to Nathan Parsons as the soap fan community all do a collective WTF? and CRAZY GIFs start appearing in the LIVE SON EMMY THREAD)

Younger Actress Wow! I actually like 3 out of 4 of these actresses. Let's start with a side note: How funny, in a downright cruel way (not a ha-ha way) is it that GH clearly bloc-voted the hell out of these Emmys and yet, Lexi Ainsworth is NOWHERE to be found? Do the cast, crew, and TPTB truly hate her that much? Hmmmmmmm....... Me smells a story there.

OK. #1 Christel Khalil- I'm gonna barf when I see the first post about how she's improved this year, toned it down and blazady blah blah blah. She sucks. Period. Deal. I LOVE Molly Burnett and I think she submitted right. She has a shot. I didn't LOVE Shelley Hennig but she submitted AWESOMELY. I'd be happy to see her win, though I have to wonder if she even gives a flying fig. And then there's Jacqueline Macinnes Wood. The true Younger Actress, the dame of the category. Not the best actress but easily the best CHARACTER, which would have to do something with talent, no? Her Steffy Forrester is quickly turning into the Erica Kane of B&B, albeit in a very different way from how Susan's Erica came to be. There's just something about her- the camera LOVES her, she has chemistry with a toaster. Hell, they could have Flannery play the dual role of a trucker lesbian who Steffy falls for and Wood would make those scenes hot.

What's not to love?

• Members

juniorz, nice synopsis. It's a horse game. I agree with 7 out your10 choices. I think Erika Sleka and Anthony Geary will triumph in the end. Not saying I love them but snooooore, they come out in the end. BY THE [!@#$%^&*] WAY, MICHAEL MUHNEY DID NOT GET AN EMMY NOMMINATION. YAHOO!!!!!!!

Archived