• One Life to Live (ABC)
    • The Young And The Restless (CBS)

Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team
      • All My Children (ABC)
      • Days Of Our Lives (NBC)
      • General Hospital (ABC)
      • The Young And The Restless (CBS)

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series
        • Crystal Chappell, as Dr. Carly Manning Days Of Our Lives (NBC)
        • Debbi Morgan, as Angie Hubbard All My Children (ABC)
        • Erika Slezak, as Viki Lord One Life To Live (ABC)
        • Heather Tom, as Katie Logan Spencer The Bold And The Beautiful (CBS)
        • Laura Wright, as Carly Corinthos Jax General Hospital (ABC)

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series

• Maurice Bernard, as Michael “Sonny” Cointhos, Jr. General Hospital (ABC)
          • Anthony Geary, as Luke Spencer General Hospital (ABC)
          • John McCook, as Eric Forrester The Bold And The Beautiful (CBS)
          • Darnell Williams, as Jesse Hubbard All My Children (ABC)
          • Robert S. Woods, as Bo Buchanan One Life To Live (ABC)
          • Outstanding Talk Show — Entertainment

[*]The Ellen DeGeneres Show (Syndicated)

[*]Live With Regis And Kelly (Syndicated)

[*]The Talk (CBS)

[*]The View (ABC)

Outstanding Talk Show — Informative

[*]Anderson (Syndicated)

[*]The Dr. Oz Show (Syndicated)

[*]The Doctors (Syndicated)

Lifetime Achievement Award

[*]Bill Geddie

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well given what my screen name is, you can probably figure out how I feel about the Outstanding Drama category right now mad.gifsad.png .

Oh well. That's life. Maybe we can still get our last two weeks recognized next year? Never hold out on wishful thinking laugh.png .

That's all I've got for now. Carry on, guys.

• Members

Considering that OLTL didn't bring JDP back I thought you might be a little happy. If they had they might have had a nomination wink.png

I don't give a crap about most of these but am really hoping Eddie Alderson pulls out a surprise win over wildly overrated Chandler Massey. I'd also like to see Matt Ashford beat out overrated weeper JJ. But then, I'd also like a million dollars!

Hope Debbi or Erika win the actress category. Or even better, a tie.

I know Alexis is a non player on GH but I hope NLG wins supporting.

• Members

You're probably right about that! Hell, they had JDP on the show AND brought Fiona back the last time they won. Clearly they were on to something tongue.png !

I am sort of feeling the whole "red headed step child even in death" thing, even if I shouldn't. Part of me REALLY wanted them to stick it to ABC with a win. It'll be cool if AMC wins, but it wouldn't have the same impact, because of the attention gap between those two cancelled soaps. And, of course, I didn't watch AMC. That's really what it's all about for me here laugh.png . I know that's not what the Emmys are (supposed to be) about.

But whatever. If AMC wins, great. But I'm really going to be paying attention to the acting categories now (and I'm a little sad that Kassie wasn't recognized but that's not too surprising anyway).

• Members

I know, I was just holding out hope they might be nominated this year. I really think Frank & Ron should have chosen something else (although choosing the Fraternity Row dream episode probably wouldn't have helped, either).

And I still remember them winning in 2002. I was 13, I had only been watching for a few months, and Live Week had just finished up! Oh, how the years go by smile.png .

• Members

What a joke of a list. The only one I care about is Matt Ashford and maybe Darnell Williams and Debbi Morgan. The rest of these are a total joke.

And where the hell is Bryant James who is about the only one last year who gave a damn on Y&R,

• Members

Damn, OLTL gets snubbed even after it dies...SMDH especially since GH has no business being in the Best Drama category.

Aside from Darnell and Bob, none of those fools deserve to be in any kind of Best Actor category.

Hopefully, Debbi Morgan will take home the gold since she's the only one who is long overdue for a Lead Actress Emmy in this group.

Valley Girl Lily being nominated for any kind of Emmy is pure fuckery. I'm praying to Zeus that JMW takes that ish home so that that award can at least live up to its name.

I didn't know that shucking and jiving for Slagbeast or being the soap version of Jar Jar Binks warranted a Supporting Emmy nod.

Though I'm squarely on Team Eddie Alderson (even though they barely used him for half of last year), I wouldn't mind if Chandler Massey (based on what little I've seen of him on DAYS) took it home - as long as either of them win it against Eeyore or the greasy no-talent that played Teethan.

Dreadful, isn't it?

• Members

I want Agnes Nixon to win, she's really the only person at the Emmy's this year who I'm rooting for. I want her to win, ascend that stage and say a proper farewell to the industry that she gave so much to...if she can work in a deft slam on ABC and Brian Frons, all the better.

Archived