And the Nominees are....

Jonathan

• Members

ICAM! AMC was hands down the best soap last year, imo and I'd love for Agnes to win both Writing and Drama Series.

It also occurred to me that this is the last time the Emmys will be relevant if the industry is going to nominate 4 soaps since there will only be 4 left, so no matter how crappy the remaining ones are, they're guaranteed noms in Series, Writing and Directing next year.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's funny that those who complained most about the old voting process still did not benefit from the new system and it's the same folks and shows for the most part. MTS still snubbed and Muhney still no nomination. And no Best Show or Best Writing for OLTL yet GHs old writing team and producers still get a nod for last year.

• Members

These nominations are a joke

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

BRADFORD ANDERSON, as Damien Spinelli

General Hospital, ABC

MATTHEW ASHFORD, as Jack Deveraux

Days of our Lives, NBC

SEAN BLAKEMORE, as Shawn Butler

General Hospital, ABC

JONATHAN JACKSON, as Lucky Spencer

General Hospital, ABC

JASON THOMPSON, as Patrick Drake

General Hospital, ABC

Sean Blakemore has to be the worst actor in all of daytime. He just sits there with one expression on his face and doesn't talk. And then when he does talk he is less expressive than Steve Burton and Michael Easton combined. I don't understand this category. Bradford Anderson is very talented but I cannot think what he did in 2011 worthy of attention. I think he might have spent half the year doing bad Humphrey Bogart imitations. Jason Thompson is another confusing one. Actually they all are. JJ and MA are talented but unless MA submitted his one solitary PTSD episode I don't get this, and what will he submit for the actual award???

• Members

No. It was the earlier one on December 1st, when everyone in town was watching Fraternity Row, and Roxy learned at the end of the episode that it had been cancelled.

I know, Ron & Frank chose THAT over the fantasy episode? I can't believe they restrained themselves there! laugh.png

I think the Vickerman premiere/Todd revealing himself to his family in the aftermath would have been far better episodes to submit, but that's just me.

ETA: It may have actually aired on December 6th. In any case, it was the earlier FR episode that FV/RC submitted.

• Members

Look for GH to win most of the big categories like show and writing, they submitted amazing episodes with Luke's intervention and Jake's death. Lead actress is between Slezak and Morgan. Geary and Jackson should have Lead and Supporting Actor sewn up and mailed to them as does Massey for Younger Actor. Supporting Actress is a travesty why does this panel keep on putting the likes of Herbst and Egan in the running for winning? Younger Actress is also in similar dire straits.

Archived