B&B: April 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought today's show was really good. I thought it was a good move to make Hope being chased by the press funny and then turn it more serious. I think the show is doing a good job balancing between Hope and Steffy. I like them both, so that makes me happy.

For the longest time I was sure that Hope/Liam would be the couple that comes out of this, especially because Bill is manipulating things. Now, I'm not so sure. There have been several hints to suggest Liam might really be in love with Steffy. Not sure how I feel about that, since I sort of hate him (even though SC is doing a good job).

• Members

Caught up on B&B, LOVING the Aspen shots but there was a moment in Thursday's ep when Liam and Hope were driving away in their car and you could clearly see the B&B cameras/crew taping away in the reflection. LOL. Was I the only one who noticed?

Another gripe...did anyone notice the SLOPPY ASS CAMERA WORK in that last Hope scene. You could see the handheld camera man's shadow on the wall as he was following Hope around unsure.png It definitely was not one of the paparazzi's from outside. Usually I'm a big fan of B&B's production values, but this week it's been really hit & miss.

Friday's show had some interesting moments but overall I thought it was very mediocre and uninspired. I didn't like how Hope being chased by the paparazzis was played as a joke. Wasn't that supposed to be a traumatic moment for her? Why was she smiling & laughing and running from them like it was a game? Also, that hokey song that was playing in the background - I mean really?!

I know she was freaking out at the end of the show but it would've had more of an impact for me if she wasn't laughing about it earlier.

Also I cannot stand Aspen Oliver and that Ramona girl. What a couple of obnoxious twits! And I know those actors are famous TV hosts in Aspen or something but they do not know how to act (especially Oliver) at all! EMBARRASING

• Members

Yeah, the comedy moments were odd. I don't have the energy to go on some big rant about attacks on young women, because I've already done that with enough soaps, but playing that as comedy was a surprise considering the tone of the story. I guess maybe they were building up to a more dramatic finish? I don't know, I shouldn't think too much about the plotting on this show.

Oliver was not good, although they've had worse professional actors. I just don't get why earlier on he acted like he didn't want to hurt her, and then he was happy about it.

The guy who plays Justin isn't very good, although I can't blame him for not going in fully for such weak material.

I felt sorry for Jacob Young with having to repeat variations of "I should have gone to Aspen" about 15 times in one scene. I know, don't pity any working actor in this economy, but I'd feel sorry for anyone who had to go through that dialogue.

They were going out of their way to make sure Steffy was not involved. That's fine, but I wonder what they will do long-term, as they won't have any story with Liam going from one good girl to another.

The fashion scenes were...interesting. At one point I thought Paul Shaffer was going down the runway.

If they were going to do that running scene THIS had to be the music.

• Members

The Hope being chased scenes were an homage to the Monkees with "The Last Train to Clarksville" playing in the background. Davy Jones recently passed away and perhaps they were inspired by that. At times like this I realize I watch too many sitcom reruns or else I would have not made the connection.

• Members

I miss the old school B&B; however, from a ratings standpoint..Go Bell. The show has managed to increase total viewers as well as key demos while bleeding 200,000 male viewers. The finale of AMC helps B&B but this did nada for Y&R so the youth angle must be somewhat helping. Also, Bell must be saving money on real actors like Jack Wagner and Leslie Kay with this focus on the goof troup.

I wish Bell would create a larger role for Oliver Jones. Because he was key to the formation of a new family that failed, Oliver has been marginalized. Personally, I find him to be a better actor than Liam and Thom. Also wishing for Amber to get a real storyline.

I am shocked at how different B&B is from one year ago.

• Members

I think the biggest problem with Oliver was the "oops you had sex with my mother" story. I'm not sure if that's something viewers will get over, because it's just so bewildering and hard to buy. It's good for a moment of storyline but long term is very damaging.

I do think he was OK, certainly better than Thomas. I wouldn't mind seeing him with more to do. Maybe put him with Caroline.

• Members

He is the male Stephanie--she did the same to Ridge about Brooke for 24 years. Had they had iPads then, it would have been Brooke's head on fire. He is just more over the top, and reminds me of a pre-drag Sally Spectra. I wonder of DD misses playing Brad Carlton?

Isn't Donna married to Justin, or is that over? Why is she working at Forrester?

Archived