DAYS: The mess that is MarDar

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Extremely unlikeable characters, stories that have no payoff, stories which are either slowed down to a crawl or sped up for no apparent reason. Not one rooting couple on the show. Extremely bizarre priorities, such as repeatedly making sure viewers know that Jennifer is just not good enough for Daniel and that he is too noble to be with her. No discernible point of view for key characters like Rafe or Carrie. Endlessly regurgitating history just to avoid writing actual storylines.

Even their "success" stories are mixed - if Will didn't hate Sami and love EJ, I am not sure how many would be interested in him, aside from that incredible moment where he made out with a bit player.

• Members

The stories are terrible and u can tell from the acting people aren't feeling them. Why try to redo stories from the 90's? Can't they come up with new stories for Hope, Carrie and Austin? They have no writing talent and they need to be replaced ASAP before its to late for the show.

• Members

if you go to google and type in a show/person and tumblr, you'll usually find stuff come up with gifs. Going to google images and doing the same + animated gif, comes up with stuff as well

IA about John. He is awful and adds nothing to the show

• Members

I was Impressed.with a couple of their story ideas on paper the mayors race, the embezzlement story, the cosmetics firm war(which Y&R is doing again and will likely be better even with Sheffer) which all sounded very topical but the drama in these stories was non existent. Brady and John looking at fabric swatches really. Big bad EJ stealing debate questions? Daniel the miracle Horton prodigal child. All flat and the stories that have been getting buzz are both around out of character rebellious bratty borderline psychotic teens/young adults.

And this show does not need tons of super couples. They had Bo/hope, Victor/Maggie as stable couples no need for anymore. Marlena is a viable character on her own, jack and Jennifer eh, john can go.

• Members

I think with better writing John could be a fine part of the show. Drake is wooden but does have some charisma and fun cheesy moments. They just don't know what to do with any of this.

I also think we might see more of Maggie if they hadn't screwed up so badly with Daniel (to the point where they had to write him out for a month) and if Molly Burnett hadn't had to take time off because of a family tragedy. But tying her to those characters long-term was a bad idea anyway.

Archived