DAYS: The mess that is MarDar

• Members

EJ is integral to the show, yet they also have him at a point where they have overused the character so much that his stories lose effectiveness. They don't know whether to make him good or bad, so he seems neutered. His relationships with Sami and Nicole seem played out - I think Higley had a good idea in bringing in a new love interest, but it was handled very badly.

I think it would probably take a year to write him out, if DAYS has that time. I'd also make a main player his killer, and eventually write them out as well.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Arianne and James aren't being handled to their full capacity by MarDar and while I love Nicole is going to be a mother, we get yet another EJ offspring and Nicole whimpering around Rafe. Why are they neutering her and isolating her (well, I know she's "hiding out" but still ...)? It's stupid.

• Members

No one is getting used to their full capacity because the canvas is so full. And it's hard for me to empathize with Ari. She's a terrific actress probably one of the best on the show, but she got stellar writing and characterization under Higley unlike the rest of the cast. EJ and Sami might have gotten as much screen time but the writing for them was a mess. I've also had my fill of baby stories on Days with the exact same set of characters. Isn't Nicole supposed to have a medical problem anyway preventing her from getting pregnant. That was why her last pregnancy was such a shock if I recall

They needed to move Nicole, EJ, Sami, Rafe in different directions.I thought the idea of Sami getting a job and moving into that arena was a positive step but that all ended up going nowhere.

• Members

If you guys could drop one story from the show right now, what would it be? Im talking a quick 2-3 day solution like they did with the internet plot to just end and move the characters on. If I had my choice it would be Alamania. That needs to end ASAP

Archived