DAYS: The mess that is MarDar

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They have good story IDEAS, but don't know of to develop them into a well paced story. They don't know how to play the beats and the day-to-day writing/pacing is TERRIBLE. There are good moments, but overall the show is a little flat. If I didn't enjoy these characters and the very basic characterizations, I wouldn't be able to watch. They need to be paired with an experienced CO-HW.

• Members

Amend. Esp from folks that dont have a long history with the show. HMM. I was not going to go there in this thread cause as soon as I seen it I'm like lord here we go. Who's face am i going to have to crack in here. . LOL As Toups has taught me it doesn't matter to me waht others think. I love it and am here to support it.

• Members

I'm not sure if it's about viewing history. Even the show itself basically said there were problems - Melissa Reeves spoke of rewrites, and Shawn Christian said they sent his character away because the character was so damaged.

• Members

Exactly how I feel. The stories look good on paper, but they just fall flat on screen.

I am really enjoying Marlena under MarDar and her scenes with Will & Sami. Sami has been much easier to watch under MarDar than Hogan or Dena. I'm still wanting Old Sami back.

I'm also enjoying the Austin/Abby/Carrie madness. Although, I feel like MarDar have skipped a lot of beats that would have made the storyline much more interesting.

Everything else is either boring or stupid. I wish the Culliton's would take over.

• Members

I'm enjoying it. I stopped watching completely under Tomlin as his work was just plain horrible, and focused on characters I couldn't care less about. The writing now is by no means perfect, but I know and like most of the characters featured, therefore I care what happens enough to overlook any writing problems.

Archived