Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Members

The stripping bothered me but what annoyed me most was the whole thing of Cassie having no one to take money from, because of pride, and all the rest. Cassie had two or three young children - even if she didn't want to take money from Reva, she would have taken some from Blake or Harley. I just felt like so much was plot-driven. The whole Rick heart story, which was very rushed, and then Reva's trial, which was so dull because you knew what was going to happen, and then Edmund's hamming about the loss of his brother. Didn't they also tease Claire/Edmund at this time?

Carmen also came back around this time, badly out of place.

I never cared about Marina, mostly because of the awful rewrites they did on Eleni (an adulteress and a neglectful mother), but I did like her with Ben. I think Aubrey Dollar had a certain spark which hid some bad writing.

I agree about Phillip. I hate custody battles on soaps and this one was too contrived and too much reliant on stupidity. For instance, Harley going into the mansion to kidnap Zach. That would not have happened. Harley was a smart person.

When Harley/Gus first started under Taggart I was hopeful we would get to see some fun Harley again, which I'd missed dearly. When they went back to the misery AGAIN I knew "my" Harley was dead and not coming back.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ok i absolutley loved taggart/ culliton at GL!!!! and they're couple months with conboy were magic also and then came weston!!! i enjoyed the camp and conboy's beautiful production!! if only he named someone else to take over the HW duties although taggart and culliton did not need to be replaced!! why were they anyway??

• Members

Here's another unpopular opinion about the "OLTL takeover":

I find the crazed panic over Cartini to be beyond hilarious, as most of these dissenters didn't have jack to say when Bob Guza was running roughshod over the 35+ years of GH history and forcing longtime viewers (like myself) to stop watching.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, folks can't handle it while I could care less about "GH history being ruined for OLTLers" since Phelps/Guza completed that assassination years ago.

However, I will keep on cackling at the online comedy.

• Members

That's actually not true. The only ones praising Guza online were the bloggers and soap press, except now they have an online fan following for FV and RC

I'm no longer invested in GH so it matters not to me what happens. I knew Ron and frank were not saviors. Will they make the show more watchable yes. And I actually get why they are migrating talent over I don't understand why the vet returns have been handled so poorly but not shocked.

Its frustrating I'm sure for longtime fans who have been holding out for years hoping to see someone come in who understands the brand and history and respects it enough only to see another leadership team who is not the fit many hoped.And the press needs to stop lecturing and telling fans they should like this. Again who's the customer.

• Members

I was actually referring to (certain) viewers, as I consider soap press to be separate from them. Should the soap press dig into the same whine and cheese smorgasbord, I will apply this to them. I can't comment on whether Cartini enjoys the same tongue bath from the media as Guza/Phelps did, as I've been too numb to the fact that the former show was the red headed stepchild of the ABC soaps that were covered in the press for so long.

For the record, I'm in the same boat as you in being deluded into thinking that Cartini were going to save the show (as one would have to be invested in a show to hang their hopes on someone saving it, which I am not). I simply find it, well, hypocritical that many of the people who are decrying the ruination of GH had no problem sitting idly by as the previous regime (and by that, I mean, Guza, since I didn't even watch the last guy) steamrolled over the meaningful things about the show in order to try to force it into being a bootleg version of a Scorcese flick.

I am, however, in agreement about the soap media trying to dictate how fans should receive the soaps. However, I can't get upset over this because it's been clear over the past five or so years (I'm guessing, since that was the time when Carolyn Hinsey got aired out on Jossip) that they are becoming more and more obsolete - perhaps, that is why they are acting indignant towards the fans?

• Members

I don't know if that's unpopular.

I've never really been able to hate Sami - I guess because I don't watch every day. I do think Sweeney has a lot of limitations as an actress but she has strong moments. The writing is just a mess. The worst decision was giving her so many kids.

• Members

Must be a different board and not here bc most people see her for exactly how she is portrayed. She doesnt get alot of defending and people acknowledge her for the horrible miserable person she is, even those that do like how she is portrayed as a character

Archived