Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Members

I'd forgotten about Maggie. I guess she probably never would have stayed, since the actress is close to LML and Lechowick, but I liked her.

Who was Ben?

I guess I see Y&R as being damaged by Smith, and then LML, but to me MAB/Sheffer/Hamner are the ones who did the irreversible damage.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never minded Katharine and Jill as mother and daughter.

I never liked Billy or Mac.

I would take Megan McTavish - with a strong EP - over any headwriter in daytime today.

I don't care about who is or isn't nominated for a Daytime Emmy. They have become such a joke that I think not winning one is almost an honor. Every year we are supposed to be outraged if someone isn't nominated or doesn't win. The latest is Chandler Massey, who, unless there is a Best Drake Hogestyn Impression category, has not done anything all that award worthy.

• Members

All non Giggly Heffa female Y&R characters need to go to B&B.

It's not like Maria/Hogan has any use for them.

Amen.

Tucker is tolerable but backburnering Jill was a bad move.

Joshua Morrow's problem is Joshua Morrow is playing Joshua Morrow.

The character would still be on the show but he would be in a backburner relationship with a glorified dayplayer like Chloe or Avery.

Maura was indeed miscast.

She should have never been cast as Diane.

HOWEVER since Y&R was never going to ask Alex or Susan back the LEAST they could have done was write for Maura.

She's talented enough that had the show had actually invested in her she would have done well despite the issues with her casting..

Writing her as a slut wasn't the problem.

The problem was removing everything that made Diane Diane to unnecessarily prop other characters.

She wouldn't be bad on B&B if they wrote her like an adult.

She was miscast on Y&R especially when LML tried to sell her as being the same age as Davetta & Adrienne. :lol:

She wanted to leave.

• Members

Tammy Lauren was a good actress & she had more chemistry with Doug Davidson than he had with any actress in YEARS.

Jack's campaign manager (played by Billy Warlock)

Smith's Y&R was definitely heavily damaged but it was light years ahead of anything by LML & Maria/Hogan/Hamner.

Maria & Hogan while totally awful have only made LML's mess worse.

• Members

IIRC, Bridget Dobson herself said in an interview with SOD that it would have taken at least two years to get SANTA BARBARA back on-track; two years which, in retrospect, the show didn't have, which is why they ultimately relinquished day-to-day supervision to Paul Rauch and Pam Long.

• Members

Here's one of mine:

DAYS wouldn't go near Chad/Will as an actual pairing for no other reason than someone at the show probably had a reputation to protect.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

:)

• Members

To be fair, Bridget and Jerry did stay on as Senior Executive Producers until the show's end. As much as they wanted to resume full control over their show, however, I think the Dobsons realized things simply were too far gone. The SANTA BARBARA they had regained was not the SANTA BARBARA that was taken from them in '88. Factor in a network that had all but given up on the series, and I think you can understand why the pair were willing to allow another team (albeit, one of THEIR choosing) to take over.

• Members

She was completely miscast.

I wanted Susan back, but I think I would've accepted Maura as Diane if she had been 10 years older and a brunette.

If TPTB wanted to throw Maura at the Newman men, she should've been Grace Turner.

Archived