Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Members

I think Maureen McCormick left early as she said she never intended to stay around longer than a guest spot and didn't know the role called for more (I'm not sure if she was having any of her drinking issues at this time). I can imagine the fun Reilly would have had if she'd stayed in the role.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA! Maureen McCormick was PERFECTLY cast as Rebecca and I wish she would have stuck around in the part. She just nailed every line and while I love Andrea Evans, her Rebecca was way too OTT for me, especially after watching McCormick play it straight. I have to wonder if the writing for the character would have been different had Maureen stayed because I cannot see her Rebecca doing half of the things that Andrea's did.

Again, agreed, though I don't know how unpopular this is. I couldn't stand Brady when Kyle Lowder played him but I've grown to really like Martsolf's interpretation.

• Members

I think a lot of fans will always remember the golden days of Brady/Chloe and that helps Lowder, whereas Marsoltf has never found a niche in the role. I never understand the claims that he is awful and should be fired, etc. They just don't know what to do with him.

• Members

The only time Theresa was actually shown as as the sociopathic crazy she was, was when LH was on maternity leave and the temp actress didn't use Hartley's(while very good) tricks at making Theresa seem like the victim.

• Members

Yeah I don't think I ever bought Gwen as a victim. It might just be the fact that Hartley was the better actress of the two by far but Theresa was always the more viable character between the two of them. That said.

Days: I liked both Natalia Livingston's Taylor and Lindsey Hartley's Arianna for what they were. Days needed new characters and there was ton of potential for both of them with pretty strong actresses considering. They missed a huge opportunity to make Arianna a major player against Sami for instance and Taylor was needed to give Nicole some three dimensional qualities. James Scott also had a lot of chemistry with both actresses.

• Members

I loved Liz on Passions (but I don't watch that soap anymore because it was SO bad!). And I loved Rebecca too.

I think Erika Slezak and Bree Williamson were way too restrained as Niki and Tess on OLTL.

I think Barbara Rhoades was way too restrained as Irene on OLTL.

I liked Frankie/Jennifer a lot more than Jack/Jennifer on DAYS.

Martha Madison was the only Belle that I liked on DAYS.

I loathe that stupid Celeste character on DAYS.

I LOVE Liam on B&B! I'm one of those Scott Clifton fangirls.

Archived