Unpopular Opinions: 2012 Edition

• Members

If TPTB had been serious about redeeming Patty, I would have preferred Genie Francis portraying her rather than Gen. "Cane's mother" was a part more for someone like Judith McConnell (which would have meant re-casting his dad with someone older, but there you have it).

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a hard time being sympathetic to his "plights" (Nick's) concerning Sharon since it all could have been avoided had he not banged and played house with Syphylis. Any problems he gets concerning them are his own deserved pieces of karma considering he stepped out on his ten year plus family. On this note I can't stand Nick/Phylis. I don't get why the writers get so much preverse pleasure over glorifying an affair that ripped apart one of their golden couples for over a decade. I don't care if Marrow gets a woody while working with Stafford nor do I give a damn if things are more exciting for him. The show is so tasteless for letting this continue and spit in the face of the new Newman's. Even though I think Strafford is an amazing actress I can't take much more of this heroine reporter role she has been playing. It nauseating and I can't accept that they keep attempting to make Nick/Phylis this good stable couple considering who she is, what she has always has been and what her and Nick truly are.

Another unpopular opinion I actually liked Days a lot when I tuned in to watch over the weekend. It was exactly what I wanted from the show. John/Hope was interesting, Sami/Rafe/EJ/Nicole was awesome because they all hate eachother and Will/Marlena were had great scenes too.

• Members

DOOL:

Not a fan of Will's coming out story at all.

I think Sami has regressed under this regime especially in regards to her relationships with family members and I hate it.

Daniel is ok is small doses.

At this point if Jack and Jennifer leave can I won't miss them.

I prefer Austin Peck over Muldoon.

B&B

Steffy/Liam/Hope is a viable triangle with loads of potential.

I hate Brooke/Ridge (Not sure if unpopular)

Y&R

I'm not a long time fan at all, and don't have a grasp on the history but I do find Y&R at least to be consistently entertaining.

• Members

OMG, how could I forget this?! Snarly pretty much drove me from her show with her screeching and bullying and galloping! Though I would suggest that this is actually a popular opinion on this board (outside of SON? Prob not so much).

• Members

Neither.

I, too, loved Laura Wright as Cassie (much better than the wet blanket that replaced her), so my hate for the canker sore of a character that she currently portrays has nothing to do with her or anyone else's acting.

I'm sure this is a popular opinion, but I'll say it anyway - Canker sore Carly has been a loathsome sack of sh*t since her inception back in the 90s and is one of the main reasons why that show went from sugar to sh*t.

Charlize Theron or Kate Winslet could play her and that character would still be the same horrendous cow that should've been killed off over a decade ago.

• Members

The writing is a big part of it. The moment the character spawned Michael and used her meal ticket to emotionally ensnare a bunch of wealthy and/or dangerous men (Jason, Sonny, Jax) was the moment everything went to hell in a handbasket for GH. I just can't anymore. I just can't take this spiteful, nasty, bullying, selfish troll of a "mother" as the one-and-only heroine of the show. She's not fun in a vixenish way. She is awful. It really says something when Guza/JFP/Frons/Garin's disdain of women in general permeates every aspect of the show -- but they can't shut up about how much they love this "strong" female character who makes it her life's business to bully other women. What?!

Something else, though. About a month into Laura Wright airing as NuNuNuCarly, she went on SoapTalk and proceeded to brag about how she was made for this role, how she was KICKING ASS in this role, how she was a TAKE NO PRISONERS kind of actress, thanks to learning her acting chops from Kim Zimmer ( rolleyes.gif ), bragging about how ABC had her in place for over 6-12 months prior to Jennifer Bransford getting fired, etc. Smug smug smug. It really turned me off. Seems like she brought this kind of dynamic to the character of Carly, too.

• Members

I think this is OK if they eventually mature these relationships - if it's just done for some kind of a lifevest-style clinging to history, where she screeches and weeps on Marlena and Will screeches and weeps at her, then it's a waste of time.

It will be interesting to see where they take Will once he does come out, especially since Massey's performance seems very asexual to me. I have heard comments again about how Sonny just doesn't have the "fire" Will needs - unless that means someone needs to tell Will to go sit in the corner, I'm not sure what "fire" Will needs. I hope they take some time to actually give Sonny a life of his own. Sonny existing solely for Will is the same type of bad writing that sunk Luke and Noah on ATWT.

Archived