Y&R: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How many women on soaps AREN'T doormats? If we're going to pick on Lily, let's add Nikki, Ashley, Chloe, Victoria, Sofia, Sharon, YoH, Genie, Patty/Emily, Glo, etc. Phyllis when she bows down to Nick. Nina for the longest time (but even the Ronan story was just more salt in the wound - like her long-lost son had to torture her - even after reading the book she wrote.) STRONG WOMEN on Soaps is an oxymoron - even the strongest ones end up with some type of comeuppance because unlike men, a woman can't be strong. This is where writers missed the boat 20+ years ago, creating strong female characters that didn't have to be victimized by a man. Sorry for the rant, but this has been a huge pet peeve of mine.

• Members

Thank you. Other than the fact the posters here hate CK,Lily is not written any worse that the rest. In fact she actually is written better than Sharon who walked out on her child for Adam and Victoria who has just become a nanny to Billy's kids and can barely breathe without him around.

• Members

I thought the bit of Niktor scenes I saw were charmingly old school. Whose jewelry was that on the floor, what was that all about?

Adam reminds me so much of TSJ and it has nothing to do with the fact that they're both Victor Jr.

• Members

I have repeatedly seen comments which essentially say, don't criticize Catherine Bach, her husband killed himself and that's why MAB gave her a job, as they are close friends.

While I do sympathize with her about her husband's suicide, I don't know if it's a great idea to hire people based on tragedies or how close you are. It just makes me wonder - again - how seriously MAB takes this show. If the rumor is true about how she forced Maura West off the show out of spite against Sony, then she certainly didn't have any sympathy for a mother raising a number of young children.

Archived