Y&R: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes. Today's episode was fantastic. I did see Rose steal the baby and TC is amazing. I'm so glad she's on. It was a very nice touch. I also like Phyllis' scene with Ronan - another unexpected scene. Clearly, Y&R has changed since (for the better) since November - there have only been two or three episodes (yesterday was one) that I've FF through. I loved Ricky's line - "My aunt Patty is crazy - AND I KNOW CRAZY." I hope they explore this - from Ricky's perspective, I"m sure it is odd that Paul is so protective and caring with Patty, but he didn't do the same with his mother (aka Paul's wife). We can blame St. Christine for that! LOL I'd love for them to bring Isabella back (obviously a recast).

• Members

Knowing this show, Maria Conchita Alonso as Isabella! happy.png (but she'd never get used and the show really doesn't need her...)

Anyways Cast is an Emmy winning actress who deserves to be used more and thankfully Nina has never really been destroyed. Unlike Sharon her 1997 downfall was followed by her 1998 rebirth as a successful and independent woman, imagine that! The Ronan scenes were good and while I liked Branson on GL, the writing here has been pitiful and Branson seems uninterested for the most part.

I think they wanted Ricky to be their Adam 2.0 but they've already failed. I'm sure they'll turn him into Kevin 2.0 now.

I'm surprised that Eden is even on the show still after tossing out the whole Eden/Noah/Hunter story for whatever reason last minute.

• Members

Yes Eden is a lost cause now. There is really no point tk her being here. If they are going the crazy route with ricky, I would luke to see them explore his demons between good vs. Evil. Hell his mother and aunt are botg loony so maybe there is a trait or something that makes them the way they are.

• Members

I liked the Nina and Ronan scenes, nicely done by TC and JB. Its too bad that JB said he has always fought for this mother/son story and only now do the writers toss him a bone on his last day. They only cared about showing his oh so hot (in their eyes) pairing with Phyllis. Welp, I guess Nina goes back into the closet now.

• Members

They didn't ever care about the relationship. Before Phyllis, he was using Chloe as a booty call and taking off his shirt to make snow angels with Heather. Nina's only role is to pop up a few times a year as his obsessive mother.

They could always put her in "Myrna's" veil.

I'm not sure what purpose Isabella would even serve, as Ricky is just a lost cause as a character, IMO.

• Members

I wasn't sure what bringing Daisy Duke on the show would entail -- but so far I'm prepared to eat my words. Not saying I want Catherine Bach on a long-term contract or anything -- when her story is done, she should leave and that is that -- but she is playing this very well indeed. She is a lot of fun to watch, not overly campy but with a lot of naturalness and mischeviousness in her eyes. And Melissa Clare Egan looks eerily like her. There is even something similar in their voice inflections. Good call from the casting director. And, let's face it, Bach, MCE and Jess Walton were BY FAR the most compelling actors in that scene. Billy Miller looked like he was counting the seconds before hitting the blackjack table in Vegas while Amelia Heinle remains a complete washout. Has there ever been anybody with any LESS presence on Y&R?

Great scenes between Ronan and Nina yesterday. And actually quite moving. Today was the first day I actually enjoyed the dude playing Ricky. See, even HE has more presence that SnoreToria. Also: I think I am developing a little crush on Doug Davidson. He is so extremely personable on screen.

Archived