Y&R: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Someone needs to tell Genie that her hair is way too long. I think she's too old to rock her hair that length and she looks much better when she came on and it was shorter. I still cant get over the writing for her now. She truly is a new character

Sharon is back in Adam's corner? This dumb bitch....

why does Heather hate Ricky?

• Members

Heather hates Ricky because he cost her her job by taking those photos of her and Adam when he was her witness for Sharon's case.

I kind of like Genie's hair but I see your point. Althouth Eileen is much older isn't she? And her hair is longer than Genie's.

I do like the writing for her now. I actually feel sorry for her character the way everyone jumped down her throat for what she did. These are people who have no right to throw stones. And Billy talking about abandoning someone is just laughable. I like him but he has no right to say anything about that.

Victor inserting himself where he doesn't belong annoys the crap out of me. He needs to stay away from Kyle. He has no business going to see him. Kyle may now know that he didn't kill his Mom but I'm sure that doesn't make it all better in his mind.

• Members

Not all women can pull off the same hairstyles. Some older women just look ragged with long hair when they reach a certain age. Eileen isnt one of them but Genie most certainly is. I see the same on B&B as Taylor looks better with long hair but with Brooke, her long hair days are behind her and she is better suited for shorter looks now

Thanks for answering the questions

• Members

Yea she really is different now... However I like this better than what she was playing before...Im still luke warm on her though however

I saw todays US episode 2/2 and I think the reason Nikki is invovled with the Abbots is that she and Jack may link up again, especially after the ending today. I always liked them together.

• Members

I'm lukewarm towards Genie because she is a newbie -- sometimes I even forget that she has tenuous ties to the canvas. She is particularly good in today's US episode but GF can do "nice" and "put-upon" very easily. It would be the same if Susan Lucci came on Y&R -- there would be only one character she would be playing and that would be Erica Kane (or "Jerrica Lane" as MAB wil probably call her). The typecasting is just too strong. I think GF *CAN* play manipulative/evil/ crazy but the writing has to be subtle too, and that is too much to ask MAB/Sheffer to do.

Stacy Haiduk and Doug Davidson have great chemistry together. Some of it decidedly non-sibling chemistry.

Peter Bergman in that low-cut hospital gown, whoa. huh.png

• Members
For me that's why it's hard to look at her. I think she could have worked as an edgy character but they wrote her as a cartoon exaggerating some horrible cliches. It didn't help that GF's take on being bitcjy amounted to hamming up the screen. Gen came across too paycho and head on. They should have just toned her down but instead they completely neutered her. I'm guessing Colin got trashed in a lazy attempt to redeem her? The change is way too drastic and writing her now as a sympathetic character doesn't work with me. I think she's been a failure

• Members

Yeah Genie being new and the character of Genevieve being so off putting that its hard to sympathize with or even care about. Its too bad they wrote off Tristan Rogers' Colin because a Jill/Colin/Nikki triangle would have been great and Colin was such a breath of fresh air as the older businessman compared to overexposed and overdone Victor and wishy washy Tucker.

Archived