Y&R: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some good sister bonding today - this is the first scene I've seen with Lauren/Jill together as sisters (I tuned out for several months because of the Sarah thing). I remember reading how they were at odds with each after the reveal, but it was great seeing these two actors together. I hope we see more of Jill/Lauren. Love it. I admit, I'm a sucker for Phyllis dramatic scenes when they don't involve a man - I loved Phyllis telling Avery that she shouldn't see George before he died. It doesn't seem like Avery's going anywhere for awhile, which is good. I still see Avery turning into a manstealer - like Phyllis used to be - as her way of acting out. Sharon look out because a lingerie-wearing Avery is going to slide into bed with a certain blind guy....

• Members

Totally agree - I like the vibe between Bryton and EH, but see I view EH as an actress who has the versatility to work with a number of actors - it's unfortunate that the material she's been given the past few years has been pathetic. BTW - I'm the first to admit that I was not a Bryton fan at all, but for whatever reason the Tucker (and Kay) story really works. It's been great after all these years that Bryton has been able to work with other actors - he just seemed so boxed (and emasculated) in with the Winters clan. The jury is still out on YoHarmony - the character needs some serious work, there is only so much a Goddess can do with the crap she is being fed.

• Members

Exactly.

Hendrickson is much better on Y&R than she ever was on AMC.

Unfortunately the inane Katie debacle, a bunch of failed pairings & horrible writing has made Chloe irrelevant.

Not a coincidence.

But that's a Daytime problem in general.

So much for being a Daytime Legend. :lol: :lol:

• Members

They seemed to lose interest in Chloe once their much hyped "look, AMC, look, AMC!" triangle with Heather and Ronan flopped. I still remember how they tried to trash pointless Chance for Chloe's character, and how viewers said she deserved better, what a bore, what a loser. Well, I hope those viewers are enjoying Chloe today.

• Members

LOL I don't see anything that "works" between Tucker & Kay. I've watched since the beginning and I can't remember a disasterous storyline like this dragging on and on for years. There isn't any chemistry betweeen JC and SN. Tucker sounds too depressed & harsh with her. There's no humour in him either, a must for Chancellor mansion set. And Katherine Chancellor's not the cooking baking type that going to satisfy his perfect mommy fantasies. But the worst thing about Kay & Tucker is that it's kept us from seeing Kay and Jill interact, and that's where the story and the chemistry is. It's been Kay and Jill since 1973 for a reason- Kay and Jill "work". The viewers have been following them.

It was nice to see Jill and Kay together the other day, they both looked like they were having fun. Katherine Chancellor just looks better standing beside Jill. Tucker drags her down. She's a pitiful, worried, weak woman in his world who should pay for being a "bad Mother". In Jill's, she is the head of a large extended family, estate, and corporation.

Devon, just like with Dru, works best with the determined Katherine Chancellor we know too. Their best scene was the lunch they shared when she was in strong and in charge. Enter Tucker, and Kay is reduced to a bad mother who should be sorry for her whole life, and anything she did or thought that wasn't all about him. "Woe is me" Tucker makes for a "woe is me" Kay, which sucks. Tucker should be one part, of the Kay & Jill Chancellor clan, like Brock, Mac, Rex, Billy, Chance, etc etc,... he should not destroy it.

• Members

I thought yesterday's episode was superlative, the best in a long time. Congrats to Jay Gibson and Anne Schoettle. Loved the emphasis on sisters, and Jill keeping Lauren's secret about having a gun makes sense. Yes, I know she probably should have told Michael but her first loyalty is to Lauren and she even though she's worried, she also prob figures that carrying it around gives Lauren a feeling of security. Plus, if it means DaiZima is leaving the canvas, that's ok by me.

I also liked the scenes with Phyllis, Avery and their father. When he told Phyllis "You take the opportunities when they come; that's business," it was like Phyllis justifying every smear story she ever wrote and every illegal things she did to uncover information. Also, I :wub: Jessica Collins as Avery so damn much. And Daniel being featured in the Summers drama was appropriate -- this is what Michael Grazadei should be doing, not stuck on Aging YA island. Heck, I even enjoyed the Fisher-Baldwin brotherly interaction. I have to give credit where it is due -- this is an umbrella SL that is working. So far.

• Members

ITA. Tucker-Kay don't work. But Kay-YoHarmony-Devon work. Kay-Jill work. I love Stephen Nichols but Tucker is plain not working and I think he should be written out. In fact, he should have been killed off when Abby ran him over.

Archived