GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Talk about budget cuts over at ABC, LOL....

Writers weigh in on top films, TV shows

The Descendants and Midnight in Paris took home the top film awards from the Writers Guild of America last night.

Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash won for their adapted screenplay for The Descendants while Woody Allen was honored for his original screenplay for Midnight in Paris. Both are among the favorites for the screenwriting awards at Sunday’s Academy Awards.

In the television categories, Modern Family and Breaking Bad were named best comedy and drama series, respectively.

Homeland was named best new TV series, beating out Episodes, Game of Thrones, The Killing and New Girl, the last of which stars the awards show’s co-host, Zooey Deschanel. Joel McHale also was a host for the show at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles.

Other awards went to The Colbert Report, Jimmy Kimmel’s After the Academy Awards special and the “Homer the Father” episode of The Simpsons, which had four of the six nominees in the TV animation category. General Hospital won in the daytime drama category, even though ABC did not buy tickets to the show for any of its nominated daytime writers.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/life_and_entertainment/2012/02/20/1aa-showtell20-feb-art-g87g39vr-1.html

:lol:

• Members

the Tuesday episode? I thought it was blah and the majority of a complete waste of time. Wednesday was Jason Thompson best episode since he joined GH. That's not so hard to do considering he had almost no good episodes prior to this, but I really thought he did good today.

As for today's episode, well as usual, when you need a vortex of suck you call in Nancy Lee Grahn because wherever a stinker and pointless waste of time is located she is sure to be found. So let me see if I have this story at least semi right because I had to FF so much of it: Some teenager has her house invaded by party hungry teens and the moody day player did it. Then the mother comes home and yells at the day player so the teen says "no mom, I threw the party!"? This has got to be the biggest story to hit GH in 20 years! Kudos all around! I am sure at that website they are saying she did stellar work too no doubt.

Then what else happened today, Johnny and Carly crap again, NotKate going crazy, and some somber intonations from Spinelli. Meanwhile back at the hospital Monica reclaims her crown as Jason worshiper #1 when she doesn't give a crap that this doctor she has known for 25 years since she was 7 is dead, but only cares about what this means for her criminal son. And not to be outdone, Sam--who can't even be bothered to say "Oh Patrick, I am so sorry"-- is about to wrestle Patrick for the formula to save her waste husband's life.

Oh yeah, and Anna found out her kid died.

• Members

Ha I actually agree with a lot of that.

That said, I admit I've been regularly tuning into GH now for, well a whole week and a half now--ever since Anna came back. I *LOVED*, no worshipped Anna on AMC, and I planned to watch GH a bit to see how and if FV/RC changed it and I admit to see the OLTL stuff even if much of it sounds awful. And... to my surprise, I've actually already kinda got back into it. I watched regularly during the Labine years, but very very rarely afterwards (I admit, I actually watched more regularly again during McTavish's brief return when ti seemed they were trying to return it somewhat to the early 80s sci fi or something). But since then there have been periods I've tried to watch, and I just get way too bored. So maybe it's because with AMC and OLTL gone I'm just starved for soaps, but I'm kinda surprised how involved, despite tons of eye roll moments, I've become in it. We'll see if it sticks.

Archived