GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maxie - So her turning into a dealer to bed lucky was to prop Elizabeth? I totally disagree. She was made into a bitch because the show needed one in her age range. She was turned into a lush and (off screen) slut after jesse died and then went after Nikolas. She was only interested in Lucky when Nikolas turned her down and shes ended up spending NYE (i think) with him in Kellys. Luckys being out of work and in pain and on his meds and Liz working to support them all was a great story, that had little to nothing to do with Maxie or Jason.

rebecca - Really? By the time she found out about the nik/liz affair she didnt want to out to be noble and do the right thing, first of all. she wanted to cause damage and come off as doing the right thing.

Sibohan - do i even need to go here? The writers TRASHED Liz and Lucky in order to prop Lucky and her. It didnt work, fans mostly hated it, so they killed her off. That simple.

Sam - Where to begin? I do not for one second believe Sam was ever above doing anything she did to Liz. She was scorned and bitter and didnt care what damage she inflicted on liz - or even the kids - because she felt she had been done wrong even tho she lost jason by sleeping with her step daddy while her mother had cancer. I would say it was not out of character for her, except there is no character just a revolving plot point to play jasons ride or die bitch. She wasnt ruined to prop elizabeth. Its really a shame shes such an awful character because Kelly Monaco is a great soap actress. The only real time Sam fit on this show was when she was going after Liz and sleeping with Lucky, to be honest.

Not that any of this matters, because as you stated you believ this to be a 100% fact and damn anyone whos ees anythign any differently. Not that i, or anyone, should be surprised by your stance. But really? Liz is a favorite of Guza? How in the hell do you figure that? He wanted her off the show. he fired becky and trashed liz in order to prop JJ;s Lucky. he had her apologize to the man who murdered her child. he had everyone in town bashing her to no end for months.

Im sorry you never watched the show between 2002-2009. becuase Liz took care of Lucky. She had to. He was weak and needy and dependent upon her. She had to tiptoe around him to keep him happy and sober and on the straight and narrow because nobody else was going to help the guy out. That all changed once JJ came back and anything that happened when he wasnt there mattered of course, because he had to be the big strong leading hero of the show and fit the sonny and jason mold.

Luke was never happy lucky took care of kids who were not his, absolutely. But he always liked Liz. There was a while there in 2005ish where Luke was telling Liz hwo much like she reminded him of himself and lucky is more like laura. She helped lulu and lucky take care of him when they decided to. Luke has thanked Liz several times over the years of keeping him sane and told her how much he needs her.

and as for Lulu - she helped Liz lie about the paternity of a child because she knew how weak Lucky was. She was sown as being closer and to a point even caring more about Liz than lucky. She turned to Liz several times up until JJ's Lucky came back.

And none of this was done to prop Liz, it was done becuase Guza never cared about Lucky when JJ wasnt in the role and it was made totally clear when he returned and everything was rewritten.

• Members

Regarding propping,

Maxie turned into a drug dealer to prop the show up plain and simple. She propped herself. Kirsten Storms was adrift as Maxie with no story and very little direction before they killed officer Jesse and had her set her sights on Lucky. The show had no badguys, and that drug story I think made KS's Maxie a real Maxie not just some recast. Same for Greg Vaughan. Before that drug story his Lucky was just cop #2 perpetually in a coma. The story made the two of them. I suspect without that drug story KS and Maxie would have been shown the door years ago.

• Members

I think it says a lot when characters have to constantly be demonized to make another look better.And I.d include Lucky in that. But the thing is by the time Maxie, Sam, and Rebecca called her out the audience was ready to see it and cheered all of them. Fact is she is and always has been a weak character that always has put on her poor me routine to men yet whose fangs come out with women. She's a weaker version of Carly that I wouldn't mind much if the show didn't try to pretend shes something different. As for Lulu, Tracy has been Lulu's mother figure for the past few years and Lukes a deadbeat are his words suddenly meaningful where it comes to her.And Emily sided with Liz over Lucky, Lulu did, up until JJ returned. and how about an entire character brought on to try and wipe her sins clean.

LL2 was not ruined by Siobhan they were ruined the day Liz told Jason she loved him in Lucky's family home and nailed shut when Liz slept with Nikolas dishing Luckys skills in bed while somehow perversly using her rape to condone it.And lastly Robin who Liz was allowed to call out when she had PPD yet when Robin found out about Liz's sleazy affair and cheating on Lucky she giggled with her rather than using tough love, told Liz she could have Lucky back anytime she wanted, condoned Liz persuing a married Lucky and worst of all asked Liz to replace her in Patrick and Emma's lives. I have never once see any of the good girls on this show need the constant handholding this character gets. Robins own husband doesn't tongue bathe his own wife like he does liz.Its not even a matter of Liz vs Lucky for me, I rooted for GV's Lucky because he was the underdog and the writing so slanted it was pathetic, JJ's Lucky could have overdosed and died from my perspective.Don't miss him one bit.

Archived