GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just assumed she didn't want poison fumes getting out. I wasn't thrilled with this death scene, assuming there is not more Monday. It all just seemed a little ho hum to me, and KMc gave her lines with the same intensity she gave to stuff like intercom wars, the search for sperm, and "Help! My Boyfriend likes to watch strippers!" This is your goodbye scene, milk it!

• Members

I've been watching last weeks shows to get aquainted before Carlivati starts this week. I didn't really attempt to watch any of Garin's stuff, but what I'm seeing from last week isn't bad. The production values are at least MUCH better. I like that Valentini has lightened things up which showcases these beautiful sets. GH is the only soap that has updated it's sets. I'm glad JFP blew the budget on *something* worthwhile. It's so weird seeing homes that mostly don't look like they were furnished in the 70s/80s. Has the Quartermaine house been given a makeover yet? I imagine since it was hardly used in recent years it probably hasn't.

Overall, I haven't been that disappointed in what I've seen so far. Can't wait to see Robin's exit though. Anna fits right in this time which seems weird. I hate, hate, hate this new Kate. She seems like a different character, yet another nameless female which GH is known for in recent years. She's strange looking and a mediocre actress. The new Maxie is very good though and the hospital stuff seems more interesting. Basically I think the show is in a place where it can soar as long as Carlivati puts the right stories in place.

• Members

Honestly, i found this fitting. Robin dying to save Jason. I always loved her relationship with Jason and Sonny. I loved that she knew exactly what they did but to her, it didnt matter. They were a huge part of her growing up and she always loved them and they were always there for her and her for them.

For a smart girl she sure is stupid a lot TBH.

I think only Sam and Lucky were trashed for Liz and Jason, as a couple. Not for her as a character. Even that i take some issue with, because Lucky had been trashed once JJ left and they recasted, for no reason. The show finally started to explain what I have always seen clear in the relationship when Liz/Nikolas first happened - that Liz has taken on a motherly type role with Lucky, to an extent Lulu, and even to Luke took on a role Laura left open. She cared for them, she took care of them, she kept them together. Liz has never been the good, sweet, innocent girl people claim she claims to be, shes always had an edge, been kind of a bitch, and slept around. She gave up her passion - art - for a practical career to support herself and her kids - and Lucky even, most of the time. Then Saint JJ came back and Liz was trashed and thrown under the bus for him to try and make him into the GH leading man hero model, and it failed. Liz apologizing to Luke for him killer her child was just - it was sick.

And as for Sam, shes always been a character to fit the plot. She isnt even a character, she is a plot point. Simple as that.

Maxie vs Liz is always my favorite for this reason - they do a lot of the same things and make the same actions. What sets them apart is the motivation. Maxie is malicious and hurtful. She is out to get exactly what she wants at the expense of others. Liz tries to do the right thing, to be a good person - but uiltimantly she gives into her own wants and makes a mes out of her life and situations.

Maxie should have always been left in the Lucky/Liz/Nikolas group from the moment she was Luckys dealer. She fits there, and even has a simi-past with Nikolas.

I so agree with you about JL and the writing. Totally. Kirsten, while never the worlds greatest actres, got her character and put a lot of heart into Maxie. She made Maxie someone you could root for, even though you prob shouldnt. The character grew a lot under her but was still always Maxie at her core. Now, she does come off very immature and out of place messing with Liz, mostly because while KS was younger than Liz it works, and JL seems on par with Liz in age and is acting like a teenager.

And while i am on my elizabeth defending spree, Monica needs to sit the [!@#$%^&*] down. Seriously, Liz needs to slap this old hag.

• Members

Omg they're so amazing. GH has been toying around & having those two flirt for the longest time & only now things are starting to seem genuine between them and not just a game. I hope it sticks. Garin Wolf started exploring their relationship more over the winter. Carly & Johnny made a deal where she would sleep with him so he wouldn't give a Zacchara job to Michael. She didn't really want to sleep with him (I still don't believe it LOL) so she enlisted Luke's help to get some dirt on Johnny that she could blackmail him with. Luke found out about Claudia really being Johnny's mom and he told Sonny instead of Carly. Johnny was devastated when he found out. Carly's feeling so guilty because it's all her fault that the secret came out. I hope Johnny isn't too angry with her when he finds out. Let's hope they can make it through icon1.gif

Archived