GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. Sam as a celebrity is neither here nor there. It was the fact that Amelia saw Sam on the news after the Metro Hostage Crisis, recognized her as Angela Monroe and decided to build an entire television show around Sam just to get back at her? Are you serious?. The way you get back at someone for killing your father is to give them a job and make them a television star? It made no sense! And then, after all of that, when the Amelia actress booked a pilot and left the role, Sam had a throw away line about Amelia just ditching the show in the middle of a remote taping, and that was it. The whole thing was just a mess!

• Members

Sam's backstory is a complete mess. I generally like to pretend that her first two years on the show never happened just because her character was so horribly mismanaged at the very beginning. I get that she was a con-artist but Kelly was never a strong comedic actress in the first place so all of those Quartermain stories fell on deaf ears. She never worked with Sonny or Carly either. Jason is her default setting even though she really sparks with the Cassadine's and in family oriented stories. I really liked her past story with her mentally retarded brother, but they killed him off quite quickly.

Everyday heroes was such an odd story, was ABC trying to capitalize on Monaco's temporary high profile from Dancing With The Stars? Nothing came of that storyline, but then again that was the time when the show was tearing down Sam to make Liz look like the noble Madonna they wanted her to be.

• Members

Sorry but I have to cut for my girl

I don't think the Elizabeth 2006 pregnancy storyline did her any favors (to make her noble) when everything was pointing to being her fault she was to blame & here we are six years later & its the same old song.....

as for "tearing down" this is how Guza writes throwing characters under the bus so why should Sam be any different? How many characters have gotten torn down for Jason Morgan because under Guza's watch he surely wasn't going to take the hit it would be Sam McCall (now Elizabeth Webber & she's been written shitty for years). The good news is they reinvented her several times, & redeemed her thoroughly (via whitewashing) the hell out of her that still continues to this day...Elizabeth is still getting thrown under. .to make Jason look good this is coming from Frons/Wolfe...it will be interesting to see if Ron's writing will continue to coddle Jason Morgan & give the Morgans the vanilla writing.

• Members

Loved the party stuff with Molly and TJ today. GH needed that kind of teen drama! Hope there's more. I can't believe Molly got fooled into drinking alcohol.

LOL. That was not very good acting from Kelly Sullivan today. I wasn't captivated by her performance at all. I have a feeling it wasn't really Johnny who shot Sonny..

The Robin stuff is so sad sad.png It's really good to have Anna back for this.

rolleyes.gif at Mumphis Kitchen telling Olivia that her & Steve were having an affair! What a liar! And GH didn't even pick up on it in the next segment.

• Members

Oh God, I cannot with fauxFake Coward. Woman is doing too much! Tone it the hell down already.

Those Sonny and Dante scenes were nicely acted but I feel like we've been seeing the same stuff with them over and over again. Dante disowning Sonny lost its impact after the first 100 times he did it.

I don't care about Robin "dying", but I am glad its due to an explosion and not of AIDS.

Carly and Johnny are sex, but what happened to Shawn? I wanted my baby to get down with the swirl!

I'm digging Molly and the development of a new teen set, lets hope they don't screw this up!

I'm sure some other stuff happened but it had no relevance.

Archived