GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Members

quartermainefan - Posters at DC say this was the bestest episode evah! Everybody rocked it.....

Word

cuz we know... 1.2.3. lets say it together ... Its all Liz's fault that Guza's writing style totally trashes characters Prior to 2006 & post 2006 that is how they guy tells stories that I can remember esp since 1996. But then haters hate that's what they do.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Straight out of the Guza bible. You recited the passage perfectly. You have absolved Elizabeth of all of her sins by blaming Lucky for each of her choices. Kudos, inspired really.

And this is not propping?

Basically. I mean it's impossible not to notice the slanted writing Elizabeth has gotten for the better part of six years. Elizabeth is Carly in sheep's clothing. They are the two alpha bitches of GH. And this show loves themselves some bitches. If they just made her a bitch I could role with it. But she isn't. She's a horrible heroine and a useless ingenue.

• Members

Oh my God can we please shut the literal [!@#$%^&*] up about Elizabeth? Honestly Skin, I like you and I respect you as a poster, but we all know you don't like Liz. The general consensus in this thread is that most people do NOT share your opinion. Most of this discussion is rooted in events that took place 4-6 years ago. We don't need to have pages and pages of debate over her every single month! And it seems like the only time you ever enter this thread is when you want to bash Elizabeth and argue over it. We get it. You don't like her. Next!

• Members

Hilarious that I am the only one being reprimanded for talking about Liz. I had no idea I was conversing with myself this entire time. If you are mad respond to the others who are commenting on my original post which was made days or a week or so ago.

• Members

I'm telling everyone to please shut the [!@#$%^&*] up about it. You posted your opinion, several others replied to it, almost no one agreed. And that's how it is every single month when we have this SAME conversation. I'm not bashing you or trying to be mean, but you instigate this argument regularly, when you know the same posters are going to continuously disagree with you.

Again, I'm not trying to be mean - But those of us that are actually watching GH right now are more interested in discussing what's happening on February 22, 2012 than what happened in 2006 that supposedly made Liz the biggest [!@#$%^&*] on Earth.

:)

• Members

Again you don't seem to be understanding this. Other posters are responding to my post that happened days ago. Yet you are calling me out when other posters are picking up the conversation and are readily engaging in something they wished to discuss. Do you understand the problem with this line of thinking? blink.png

Regardless Liz is not all that I talk about in this thread. I touched on various characters/relationships including the state of the Quatermains, the Cassadine's, and the characters of both Robin and Sam. Don't pigeonhole me just because I don't like your precious Elizabeth.

• Members

Ironically enough, that was how Liz was introduced to the show - as the antithesis to her sugary-sweet older sister - 15 years ago. She was bitchy and snarky and I loved her very much for that.

The day that this show stripped her of the witty snark and transformed her into a two-faced weakling was the day that she ceased to be useful or rootable, which is a shame because the character and actress deserve better than the [!@#$%^&*] that this show has written over the past decade.

• Members

I understand that other posters responded to your post, and I wish they would stop doing that because it just leads to the same conversation over and over and over and over month after month. I was asking if you could stop STARTING the conversation every blessed month.

All I really want, and I know several other posters feel the exact same way, is for EVERYONE to shut the [!@#$%^&*] up about 5 year old Elizabeth drama. Some of us love her. Some of us hate her. ALL of us are over talking about it.

Let's have this conversation again when Liz does something in 2012 that's worth having this argument over.

• Members

Wow. Stop stating your opinion because I don't like it and it's not popular at it's finest. I hope you are never a mod or administrator here. What a horrible line of thinking. Ultimately past events have led us to these current ones. If people are upset about the propping of Elizabeth (as it was exemplified in Robin asking Liz to "take her place" as her daughters mother figure in her last episode) then that probably has some roots in past stories where the writers have done everything possible to write her favorably in an attempt to get fans to love, like and root for her and see her as this flower princess the show needs her to be.

I can't remember the last time Herbst impressed me in a scene so I can't say anything in testament to her acting skills but I can say I think her character needs to be re-purposed and re-imagined. The last time I found her even semi-likable was when she helped Carly out of Ric's panic room and divorced him because of his sickness.

• Members

I'll even go a step further and say that they need to erase the past decade or so of fuckery and reintroduce her as the full-fledged young woman she was once allowed to be. While I don't think that Liz haters would automatically fall in love with her, I think that changing her back would go a long way into making her (at the very least) tolerable instead of flat-out horrific.

Archived