GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Members

Ha good, I'm not as impressed as you, but I wasn't sure if my more positive than expected opinion was just due to being such an infrequent viewer the past 15 years or not... (The last time I tried hard--just to see the hype--was when Franco came on the scene. I lasted about three days).

As for this Molly story--from using MyFace (or has GH always used that term), to other elements, I can't help thinking that, though it started under the past regime, this is a RC story.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Poor Anna. She's trying to hold it together right now, but you could see when Patrick said Robin was burned beyond recognition and she leaned against the nurses station...it's not going to last forever. sad.png

Either Mac or Robert are going to cause her to break down.

And I'm dreading the moment when Emma finds out. That poor adorable little girl sad.png .

• Members

Power Ranger Courtney was 2003.

2004 was the introduction of JaSam by way of Sam & Sonny's (stillborn) baby, Lila's death, Nikolas/Emily/Connor & Mary Bishop (which lead to Emily's rape -- a real gem :rolleyes: )... By now, Courtney was relieved of her morphin powers and was brought into Jax's universe.

So... I don't really see how these last two weeks compare to that era but... whatever! :)

• Members

It's so sad watching Anna lose another child. Leora's death is one of my earliest big soap moments and I'm at the beginning of todays GH and it's very sad. I can't believe Finola has been unemployed so long. Anna should've been back (at AMC) long ago. She's such a chilling actress. Her denial when Robin's death was written across Patrick's face was something else.

• Members

Yeah one of the scenes was ten minutes, right when McTavish came back--I remember even my mom went on about what an amazing scene it was for a soap (I'm sure it's on youtube). I thought Finola didn't want to go back to do an East coast soap or any soap long term for a while, Chris and it was her decision ?

• Members

Wow. Sam was above and beyond her normal awful, selfish norm today. And Monica is just as bad.

Ha, so much truth.

The actor is very natural.

She is honestly awful. And she looks a good 15 years younger than Sonny, its jarring. But seriously, in her scenes it feels like SNL is making fun of soaps.

• Members

Of course its the best GH has been in years its FV/RC. It's 'better" because things are happening and I have to admit the pace seems a lot better.But I mean really Jasons 1000th brain trauma and Sonny shot for the upteenth time is good? It might be if one of them actually dies.Guza was a destructive writer but his sweeps events good. I thought the train wreck was the best and was not mob slanted and lots of people got to be heroic not just Jason, including the women. Carly, Robin, Emily, even Alexis got good focus .

It seems GH might be headed to some real teen stories and thats good. This show last had decent teen stories, well not since the late 90's.And the actors that play Molly and TJ are very natural and charismatic.Still don't like Michael or the actor but he was better yesterday because he fit. I don't like Starr but the character might actually fit Michael. She has some maturity but is still a teen. I also think Shawn works so much better as TJ's enforcer than running after Carly. The rest of the show barring Patrick and Anna was zzzzz.

Unpopular but I don't think the Kate actress is bad. Shes no worse than most on GH or OLTL were barring a few and the OTT acting fits a campy FV show. NOw shes not Kate nor is she anywhere near as good as Megan but I kind of feel shes been playing this DiD ish the way FV wants. Campy. As for her acting making fun of soaps you actually hit the nail on the head.Under FV/RC OLTL became one giant soap parody. You only had to watch the teen bullying story, a social issue story and how that was handled to see that.

Archived