OLTL: Discussion for the week of December 19

• Members

I wasn't online yesterday and haven't gone through the thread yet, but this is both what I appreciated and what annoyed me about the Frat Row episode. Overall I hate to quibble at all--it was fun and a nice break from the current stories (I agree with whoever said they were disappointed we didn't get a special opening sequence).

I was disappointed more of the cast wasn't used--you know cameos from people we never see like Renee, on the other hand it was a nice surprise we didn't see Rex and Gigi in any roles. It was almost entirely a spoof on Ron's own material, and at sometimes I have to say (boo me all you want) it actually wasn't very different from when Ron does his "comic" stories on One Life itself. tongue.png And a part of me cynically almost feels like it was Ron being defensive--a sorta "F you--to those who complained how nonsensical and crazy my stories are--the shirtless guys, the convulated family connections, inherited DID, though Higley started that I guess, etc--Well this is how badly and campy I COULD have made them, so you should thank me...".

But it had alot of great moments, and most of the actors seemed to be having fun. It also showed I think which actors are more limited than others--Easton tried to make his character different with constant "acting decisions" like the tennis moves, but he really wasn't playing a character any different from John despite all that, ditto the Ford brothers (no surprise), and as strong as I think Kassie is as an actress she really didn't seem capable of even doing a campy take on her character. Random, but for a long time on ATWT anyway didn't Roger say he wouldn't do shirtless scenes, or am I mixed up? It did look like he'd been working out, so maybe he wanted to show that off--of course Easton didn't take his shirt off tongue.png (not that I minded...)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Howarth did shirtless scenes on ATWT. He didn't in his last OLTL years.

I tend to share your views on RC so I just skipped the episode for now. I think next year I might be more inclined to watch that endless winking in place of actual writing.

• Members

I can understand your reasons for that. I really did enjoy it but it also served to remind me all over again about all the things I hate about RC's OLTL, if that makes sense...

I forgot to say that I thought they missed a good opportunity to wink (or even be snarky) about AMC's finale by ending with the fight around the gun but not ending with a gun shot and us not seeing who was shot...

• Members

I dont. She came back to town for Clint's money, not bc she wanted him. She's a gold digging skank and she needs to go back to the pole

Oh boy, Jack why you gotta spill your guts to Neela? You barely know her

Aubrey you are playing yourself. Do us all a favor and get lost

I love the coloring of FF's hair. She looks really good today

• Members

This show. Is this Gigi or Stacey with plastic surgery and a voice change? Do I even want to know?

Clint is a fool turning down Kim. He and Kim are golden. He and Vicky are played out.

David is hilarious with his chipmunk impersonation. I love his friendship with VIcki.

Archived