OLTL: Discussion for the week of December 19

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He saves the airquotes for Marty.

You have to admit that TSJ probably wouldn't play a letter like that for a purely emotional moment. He'd subvert it, which worked for his take on the character, but probably not for a bittersweet Christmas scene.

• Members

You forgot Gigi's death air quotes and feeling sorry for Rex's loss :)

I honestly can't say because TSJ, I admit, pick and chose when to show his talent. But I never felt with Flo, that he was phoning it in. I actually felt he had more chemistry with her than RH, despite the comparison in how long each actor worked with her.

And in regards to the letter, it is totally written in the dry humorous vain of TSJTodd.

• Members

I think, aside from that wedding they had with Blair doing the foghorn, he did make more of an effort with FL. I mostly just meant that I think his take on Todd was usually a big distance from the usual soap melodramatic moments.

If you add up all the times RH left, and then when FL left, I think she probably worked about the same amount of time with TSJ that she did with RH.

• Members

And I'll give you that, by his own admittance TSJ wasn't a typical soap actor, and I actually had seen him before OLTL. I think he figured out how to get through the day in and day out of daytime when things bored him, but I honestly felt when it was needed he delivered.

• Members

On one life to live originally I don't think Todd was mean't to be the one who killed his brother and I still don't . I think it will come out that Todd's mother killed Victor. First of all Todd was standing on the dock that night holding the gun ready to toss it in the water when the black guy show's up and say's don't throw it in he could get money from the police if he gave it to them. Todd said he could have the gun only if he promised to give it to John McBain and the black guy promised he would. Why would Todd tell him to turn it over to the police if he just used it to kill his brother. After that the black guy disappeared and hasn't been found. Next Todd's mother show's up with the gun and say's she drowned the black guy and got the gun. They never found his body so I think he was sent packing with money. Eventually I think they will find him and he will tell the truth. I think the only reason Todd think's he killed his brother is in vision's his mother tell's him he did. I can't imagine they will leave the story this way and hurt all of his kid's and loved one's this close to the end of the show

Archived