Neslon Branco vs. Hope Brady

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's the mass e-mail response the editor Nelson linked "his fans" to is receiving:

Thank you for your email on behalf of Nelson Branco's recent Twitter comments. TV Guide Canada is disappointed by Mr. Branco's recent behaviour, and his comments do not reflect TV Guide Canada's views.

As a result of his poor judgment, Mr. Branco has deleted his TV Guide related twitter account, @SudsReport, and any future commentary or views under any unrelated accounts he may or may not create should be considered strictly his own.

Mr. Branco has been a valued contributor to TV Guide Canada's soaps and primetime pages for over four years, and he continues to be one of the sole advocators in this dying industry.

He will continue contributing to TV Guide Canada, and work with his editors to provide insightful and unprecedented coverage of the soaps industry both on screen and behind the scenes.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Sincerely,

Amber Dowling

Editor in Chief

Tv Guide Canada

• Members

NB has no class at all, I was furious with his comments about MTS, the OLTL actors and everyone else who won't play house with him. He is so distateful and he acts like an obsessed soap freak. But in a bad way. There was nothing left for Crystal "Lesbians Are Cool" Chappell to do on DAYS (I think they should have brought her back as a Dorian-like B*tch) and Nelson acts like a wacko and blames another actress, who happens to be a major star since the early eighties. What a mess!

Twitter is indeed toxic.

• Members

While his temper tantrum over CC's axing and the blasting of KA surrounding it have created a lot of "buzz", its always the wrong kind of buzz. No wonder the mainstream media doesn't take soap journalism seriously. And I have my doubts of whether he'll be fired(he should be). His outrageousness brings hits and attention to TVGC. It's a shame MTS won't likely go after him for the lies he's spreading about her IN PRINT.

• Members

You know if any of these people actually read the news and had the sense that God gave a mule, they might have heard about Weinergate and learned a thing or two about blazing your personal business, rivalries, etc. over the internet. SMDH.

Why Anthony Weiner Got Burned

Honestly, what good is he? He's admitted that he's been blackballed by ABC and their stars are no longer allowed to talk to him. He went through the same thing at CBS when Bloom was still there. Maybe it changed with her departure. But what good is a gossip columnist (he really doesn't consider himself a journalist does he?) who doesn't have access to any gossp? I think Days is pretty much it.

• Members

He's going to bring fewer and fewer hits as the shows go off the air plus he's starting to veer into the realm of the legally actionable. Granted, I'm well known for my Nelson hate but it just seems to me that his stock must be dropping.

• Members

Crystal is happy to hear that :lol:

Thanks. That's why I was puzzled about why Casiello was suddenly - after the fact - going on about Branco.

It's all just such a vicious circle. I haven't gone to DC much lately but I wonder if they have anything to say about it.

• Members

I think it has. After the business with Brett & Scott, wasn't too long afterwards he stopped putting blind items in him columns and if people wanted them back, they'd have to convince his editor to allow them again. He seems like he rarely gets casting or story scoops anymore. Any "news" in his columns are just rewordings of news that other reported previously. Only noteworthy thing he writes nowadays his interviews, which aren't even worth reading cause he does is ass kiss to whoever he's interviewing.

Archived