American Idol

Toups

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think middle America relates to an upper middle class girl from LA. That's why I'm sure Taylor will win. I'm amazed that Kat has made it this far. And I'm so sick of hearing about her being marketable and pretty. The judges tell us EVERY week how beautiful she is. I have heard so many people say they couldn't vote for Elliott because he was ugly and had bad teeth. WTF. How f-ing superficial and pathetic.

• Members

If the American voters have any brain cells left by next week, they will not vote for Katharine. Good looks can never take you that far when it comes to a singing career. And she's not even that beautiful. She's pretty, but not stunning.

I hope Taylor wins. He won me over with "You Are So Beautiful." He can sing, has fun, and can do different styles.

• Members

King Reilly, W fans very likely voted for Taylor. Hell they are a lot alike. Untalented, drunk, idiots, ego-trippers. LMFAO. :D

TRUE THAT! :)

:)

True that! I'm afraid talentless hack, drunk, idiot, ego-tripper, Taylor will win. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. C'mon people Taylor is less marketable than big ol' Reuben or gay ol', boring Clay. :lol:

:unsure: Actually if people have brain cells and ears, they WON'T vote for Taylor. He more often than not cannot carry a tune. Every once in awhile he can sing a'ight, but he's not a good singer and his career will not do much and mark my words he'll be the least successful Idol ever.

• Members

The votes were SO close this past week between the contestants, so I think it'll be a toss up.....whoever sings the best songs in the finale is who I'm voting for.

Both Taylor and Katharine have had some not so great performances, and also ones that blew me away. We'll see next Tuesday. I'm hoping both give exceptional performances and that neither dissapoints. :)

• Members

Katharine has an extremely pitchy voice, which can be a real turnoff when she tries to hit high notes. However, if she wins AI, she'll probably get fans of Mariah, Christina, Jessica, Fantasia, Kelly, Beyonce, etc.

We'll never be able to predict the success of AI winners and other contestants. People said Bo Bice would do better than Carrie Underwood, that didn't happen. Runner-up Clay sold more albums than winner Ruben. Fantasia was hot for what, two months? Where is she now? The only two real successful AI winners are Kelly and Carrie. Time will tell with this winner.

However, I'm extremely happy it ain't Kellie Pickler. Most country music fans don't like their singers to be phonies, and she was the biggest one on the planet!

• Members

Elliot was my last favorite and I wish he had gone into final 2. I think the only final 2, I really liked was the first one with Kelly and Justin. Ive hated them all since (didnt watch s2). And with the final 2, the one Id rather win never does. Id rather see Kat win then Taylor, so that means Taylor will be the American Idol

• Members

I don't think Kat is pitchy at all. Pitchy is more Taylor and Kellie IMHO. But to each his or her own. I wished Chris would've won and I'd been happy if he was in the final 2 and not Kat.

Fantasia didn't disappear in 2 months. She was on the R&B/Urban charts for about a year with 4 different songs from her debut cd. She didn't have much Top 40 success but she's hard at work on a new cd that is supposed to come out later in the year.

Bo Bice IS doing better on the Top 40 and Adult Top 40 single charts, Carrie Underwood got only a little airplay with "Some Hearts" on pop stations, only making it to around 50. I'm kinda a music chart nerd so I know what I'm talking about, lol.

Agreed on Pickles, she was totally fake and extremely irritating. I can't believe she made it as far as shed did and I JUMPED for joy when she went home, lol.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chris B @ May 18 2006, 03:06 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Clay didn't fade away, he had a successful album and tour. He was working hard on a new album which no doubt would've been a big hit...but he had the gay scandal which has done him in.

True except he's still working on that new cd and it's supposed to be coming out later this year. I'm not a Clay fan, too bland for me, but I did see that info recently on the web.

• Members

That's true. Carrie hasn't done as well on the pop side. But as for the country side, I believe 'Jesus Take the Wheel' tied for the second longest time at #1 on the country chart.

Anyway, this may turn into a Ruben/Clay finale. Wasn't the number of votes extremely close for that one?

Archived