American Idol

Toups

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ET.com

Katharine revealed a few clues! "There's a big surprise that out of all the contestants only me and Taylor know about, so trust us it's pretty big, something that's never happened on the show!"

Tune in tonight for the two-hour finale, beginning at 8 p.m. on FOX, to find out. CARRIE UNDERWOOD will be on hand to sing and to crown the new "American Idol," as will season two runner-up CLAY AIKEN. Another special finale will be a duet between MEAT LOAF and Katharine.

• Administrator

I think she'll do both.

I heard George Clooney was interested in her.....for a future film role.

Since Kat is from Cali, I wouldn't be surprised if she already has Hollywood connections.

I'm happy for Carrie winning last night. Since I don't listen to county, I'm still waiting for Carrie's first big pop hit.

• Members

I heard Teri Hatcher was gonna be in the audience tonight. So I'm guessing it was an amicable breakup between she and stuck-on-himself Ryan, or are they FWB?

I know I won't be watching. They don't have to cram all 12 contestants on with special guest singers and songs. Just do a half-hour show, where they have some flashbacks over the season, they announce the winner, they sing, and that's it. There's no need for 2 hours of this!

• Members

I'm far from a Country Music fan, but I have love, and am listening to Carrie's CD right.lol :D She could do pop too, I believe. It would have a country twang, sure, but she's definitely got Kelly's vocal chops. Congrats to her for her CMA awards.

As for who will win tonigh, eh. Katherine has the better voice (not last night, however), but she hast the personality of a wet mop, and thinks as my brother put is, "her [!@#$%^&*] don't stink". :lol: LOL, about her growing up in Hollywood too. Someone needs to show the AI people a map. Sherman Oaks is NOT that close to Hollywood. Kat has talent, she would just need a MAJOR attitude adjustment to make as a successful singer.

Taylor, what a dork.lol But I still like him, and he really impressed me last night. He doesn't seem as real as Kelly or Carrie, but he seem much more real and down to earth then Katherine does. Plus, given the right training and coaching, I think his voice could be honed to really awesome perfect.

IMO, Taylor is the lessor of the two evils, and should win.

• Members

Last night, it showed "Katharine McPhee's Friends" and Tori Spelling was one of them.

I don't know if that's a mistake or whatnot, but I am sure she already has Hollywood Connections as well.

• Members

After seeing Carrie on the ACM's last night, I can't wait to see her tonight.

Anyway, neither Kat nor Taylor seem particiularly strong to me. Yes, Taylor is unique. Where would he fit in on the music scene? What kind of album would he make and would it really be that popular? And the same goes for Kat. I guess you could put her in the pop category but her own taste seems to be a little jazz or whatever you want to call the 'Black Horse and Cherry Tree' song.

• Members

Taylor is going to do well. I don't think he is going to do as well as if Chris had won, and he is not my favorite, but he will do very well. I am willing to let time tell for that one. :)

• Members

KR I am not in denial :lol: but really niether Taylor nor Kat was mind blowing last night so no one nailed down anything. Yes Taylor gave an impressive performance on his last song but it wasn't like previous Idol winners nailing down a win. The whole finale last night did not feel like the Idol finale-it just felt like a regular Idol show. I am looking more forward to tonight with all the guest stars and the return of Chris. Neither Taylor or Kat is going to be big IMO but I just think Kat is the more marketable option and has the better vocal chops.

We will see tonight and in the future. Both Kat and Taylor are incredibly cocky (did anyone see Taylor after his last song once it was time for Simon to speak? He put his hand near his ear almost to say "Come on, I won it. Tell me how good I was." I just noticed that now watching it back.) and both are very average compared to past Idols. After tonight, I will just ignore this season like season 3 because like that season all the better talent went home too early.

I am so happy for Carrie though :) .

Yeah Matt said he knows her family in SOW's Idol issue a month ago. That is why Kat always did well in voting on the west coast. I think acting may be a better route for her. She has the looks and seems to want to do it.

• Members

I'm a huge country fan, and I dislike Carrie. To me, she represents everything that is wrong with the country music scene today. She has a great voice, and seems very nice, but the way she is packaged and marketed is nauseating. Every song on her album sounds like something else that is already out there. I hope she finds her own voice eventually, because I do think she is quite talented.

Archived