American Idol

Toups

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree about Fantasia. I just wasn't into her but I won't mock people that are.

I plan on voting feverishly for Kat tonight although if Taylor impresses me (doubtful) I may change my vote. From what I hear about the songs tonight I have a feeling AI is giving Kat an advantage. Her Idol single is called 'My Destiny" and that just screams of one of those teary eyed finale performances that wins someone the title.

I also see Kat is the favorite in the AOL poll, not that that means much.

The rest of the songs for tonight are on the dialidol forums. Kat is also singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" again too.

• Members

That is the stance my family and friends who are Kat fans are taking. And I'm thankful for that, but pessimistic. I can't see Kat fans REALLY having an objective stance.

Singing "Over the Rainbow" AGAIN? Dear God!

The show has been favoring her for the last three weeks or so, IMO.

What is the name of Taylor's single?

• Members

I disagree.

That ridiculous spectacle of Taylor re-singing his Elvis song for Rebecca Romijin was SO staged and the judges ALWAYS kiss Taylor's ass even when he sucks.

BUT, I'm keeping an open mind as well. I'm voting tonight for who sang the best, hands down.

And considering DialIdol predicted Carrie's win last year, can we NOT post DialIdol results here tonight? I wanna be surprised tomorrow night.

• Members

Okay, I hope Kat actually sings some NEW songs sometime tonight; otherwise, that can't work in her favor. Like Randy said, it's a little anticlimactic for viewers to see the same performance over and over. Granted, she hit it out of the ball park on "Rainbow," but Taylor already had the edge in the first round the second we learned it was something new from him.

That said, I completely agree that Katherine is going to get the dad vote, lol. Paula's right. I'm just a guy without children and immediately have the desire to vote for her a thousand times whenever I see papa McPhee tear up after a performance. I mean, how great would it be for her to win after all those tears?!! That just effing blows my mind!!!!

• Members

Ryan, I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. It's a Web site that measures the busy signals of voting phone numbers and somehow estimates (surprisingly accurately, too) who will receive the least votes. It doesn't take into account text votes, so that's why there's a slight margin for error. At any rate, please BAN anyone who posts dial Idol results. :lol:

---

They flashed to Ty Treadway in the audience! I'm sure of it!

--

Pickler! Pickler!!! Pickler has a haircut!! What a sexy pickle!!!

---

Taylor played "Levon" well, even though it wasn't well received by the judges. He was clearly going for the Christian vote, so now he gets the sympathy vote and the Christian vote--much as I want Katherine to win, the odds are stacked in Taylor's favor. For now.

• Members

Taylor Hicks sucks. If the screaming idiotic fools in the audience is any indication, the fool Taylor will probably win. I hate this stupid, karoke, drunken-dance like idiot screaming "Soul Patrol". Taylor reminds me of Jonathan on AMC. He's like a brain damaged fool when he's on stage.

Also Simon, Paula, Randy & Ryan pissssssssssssseddddddddd me offff with them kissing Taylor's ass so much.

IDOL I'm through if Taylor wins.

Archived