American Idol

Toups

• Members

If Kat doesn't make it for what was one of, if not the nest, vocals on the season I am really finished. I hope Elliot sneaks in and beats Taylor but I doubt it. Taylor actually impressed me tonight on that second song since he decided to stand still and sing for once.

I think Kat has the west coast-she is from LA and I think your Hollywood types will find Elliot boring.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought Taylor's second was kind of boring. But that's also because he followed Kat's ballad and also because I just find "You are So Beautiful" to be boring.

I thought his first stunk, and Springsteen, well, no where NEAR as good.

But I really liked Taylor's third. I thought it was probably his best tying with his second Elvis night performance.

• Members

Central and Eastern time zones are closed, Mountain (until 1:00am ET) and Pacific/West Coast times zones are still open.

At 2:00am ET we will have the final results :) *crossing fingers for Elliott*

• Members

Well I beleive all the time zones are closed now and Kat still has the edge. It should also be noted that Kat always does very well in text votes so it is looking like she and Taylor will at it next week. I like Elliot but Kat did step up and, other then that first song, she was great tonight. Taylor was impressive on his second song and Elliot looked so nervous and the song choice(not really his fault) was bad. I really got to like him but its looks like the dark horse is going home tomarrow. I just hope the hell if he does that Kat beats Taylor because even though he impressed me vocally tonight on that second song, like Simon said last night on Leno, you aren't going to see him dancing on the album. I know he can sing but I want to see it-if he dances and backs it up vocally fine but otherwise its a train wreck like that third song was IMO.

• Members

Taylor is the next American Idol, pretty much hands down.

Looking past the fact that he's been #1 almost every week according to dialidol, if Kat stays, she'll pretty much have all Chris and Elliot fans gunning for her aka voting for Taylor. Or maybe Iam just speaking for me and the people I know. But eh whatever.

• Members

No matter who was up against Taylor, overrated Chris, Elliot, Paris or Katherine, he was going to win. He's been #1 what? Every week? I really don't see anyone topping that. So while I HAVE been voting for Katherine, I don't see her (or Elliot) as having a shot in hell at winning, but I hope Katherine gets second place so she'll have a shot at some success. Being in third place generally amounts to nothing on this show.

As for the performances, I thought they all showed promise. If you take the top 10 most popular pop artists, no matter how good their voices may be, they aren't going to knock it out of the ballpark every time. What I look for is star potential, styles they could sing if they win and things of that general nature. The occasional knock-out performance is good as it shows you the strength of their vocals, but I don't expect them to do that all the time.

Like Taylor. He gets out there, dances, has a smile on his face and really FEELS the music. He has his own style, a distinct personality and is a fantastic performer. There is no denying his vocal talents and I think he'll prove to be a successful recording artist AND have strong tours.

Katherine really came alive once she made the top 12. They glammed her up, we started seeing more of her sexuality and she started getting into her groove. Again, great recording voice, star power and will put on great tours.

BTW, a little off topic, but i must say that Kelly Clarkson is one of the worst live singers I've ever heard. Gwen Stafani and Madonna are close behind. Since going for the rock sound she screams and strains her voice a lot. Still, love her, just had to mention that, LOL.

Elliot has a good R&B voice, but he's a very dull person and if he won I see Ruben: Part Two.

• Members

My ranks:

1) Katharine 2

2) Taylor 2

3) Katharine 3

4) Elliot 2

5) Taylor 3

6) Katharine 1

7) Elliot 3

8) Taylor 1

9) Elliot 1

I hate it how the judges are so hard on Katharine, saying the problem is the song, which she had no control over. She's standing up there waiting for contructive criticism, but she gets none. Simon is the closest, I guess, but I think the judges just want a male (Taylor) to win so badly.

Does anyone have the final dial idol numbers? Maybe Taylor dropped to last?

• Members

I thought Katherine was the worst of the 3, and I wasn't impressed with Over the Rainbow. There's something about Kat that I just don't care for. It seems to me that she sings off key a lot and is constantly out of breath. I still say she should have been gone before Paris and Chris. I'm hoping Elliot makes it to the finals against Taylor. I think Taylor has pretty much locked it up, and I think part of it is because he has such a great personality and he loves what he's doing, and it shows. But I think Elliot will be gone tonght, and that's really a shame because he's really improved the most.

• Members

I ended up watching IDOL last night even though I said I was through with it. Glad I did because of Kat. She was great. Her moment finally came as Simon predicted. Her "Over the Rainbow" was very, very, very good. I also liked her other 2 songs. The judges, especially Randy "I want Taylor to win" Jackson, who was hard on Elliott too, are too hard on Kat. Taylor sucked as usual except (here's a surprise here people, lol), he was actually good on his final song. Elliot's 1st song "Open Arms" was good, his other 2 songs were too less known, should've had picked a better song for himself and Paula should've picked a better known song as well. The final 2------Taylor (dammitt, should've been Chris who is way more talented) and Kat. I sure hope Kate wins it!!

I apologize, I took out my anger at Rick and the other people who voted for lame Taylor. B)

Chris was NOT boring. Boring is Taylor, who Simon pegged right as drunk singing at a wedding, same ol' crap week end, week out. What's comical, is anyone thinking Taylor is a talented singer, when all he is a karoke singer, lol. The BS is Taylor and his stupid "Soul Patrol" crap. And the lies about Chris & Kat. :rolleyes:

I'm one Chris fan, who WILL vote for Kat. I'd vote for anyone against Taylor!!!

He was robbed becasuse he's way more talented and will be a helluva lot more sucessful than Taylor or Elliott (even though I like Elliott).

Kat will win!!!!!!!!!! Taylor SUCKS.

:D

Archived