American Idol

Toups

• Members

Kat overdoes it with the runs. Over the Rainbow was perfect with K-Lo's version because she really sang the song. Kat was on for some of it, but tried to do too much with the rest. I truly believe the only reason Simon praised it so much was because he picked it. If Paula had picked that song, he would have spoken the truth.

I hope dialidol is wrong. I voted as many times as I could for Elliott.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Katharine, Elliot and Taylor appear very close. I wouldn't be surprised at all if text votes put Kat at the top and Taylor and Elliot in the bottom two. Wouldn't that be a fun little shocker.

I've RELUCTANTLY resigned myself to the fact that Taylor probably wins, but I'm hoping he doesn't. He sucked last night and it made me ill to hear those judges praise him. Yuck.

• Members

I agree totally about Taylor. I mean sure he can sing but its more about performance with him. Other then his second song, he was a trainwreck last night and the judges waxing poetic about him was nauseating.

The three are very close but Kat kills both of them in text votes. That is a fact and alot of people know it so you may be right on about her being first and those two bring bottom two. We won't know though because when it's down to three they only reveal who is leaving we never know who was bottom two.

Watching it back on tape I thought Kat was much better on the first song then originally thought. The arrangment botched it a bit but Simon was right she did have a little moment but her big moment came on Rainbow.

I have a feeling in the finale Kat could beat Taylor only because she can sing those sugary pop ballads that AI has sung in their finales and Taylor really can't do his dancing in that type of song. Plus, Kat will get all the teenyboppers and the west coast on her side so if she blows people away in the finale like she did on Rainbow she may win it. Key word is MAY because Taylor would be the favorite.

• Members

Sorry, I see no way that Katherine wins.She should have been gone weeks ago. I'm afraid that Elliot will be going home at her expense tonight. The only way I can see her winning is if she get a lot of sympathy voting. Go Taylor!!

• Members

I think Kat would be the least talented of all the winners, if she wins. next to Fantasia, who is in a league of her own as far as atrocity is concerned. But I don't think she'll win.

• Members

Simon spoke the truth. Kate rocked with "Rainbow'.

Me too. I'll be shocked if Taylor went home tonight and if he doesn't win next week. Even though I hate the sucker.

Kat is very talented. I see a big future in pop / top 40 music for her. Also Fantasia is very good. A very good r&b singer.

• Members

I don't get it. Doesn't Mrs. McPhee REALIZE that shaking your arms up in the air and acting so smug about your daughter's reprieve from exile actually could turn some fans AGAINST Katherine? BAD move, girlfriend. BAD MOVE!! She could have taken a cue from Taylor's parents, who were just solemn and still during the elimination. That's MUCH more respectful. Damn, Mrs. McPhee...just damn!!

• Members

Agreed and my instincts tell me Kat will win. Not because I like her but because if she gives a huge performance a la Carrie last year (remember Bo was thee front runner going into the finale and Carrie had that unbeleivable final performance that put it away). I just have this feeling she will win it. Plus, I hear alot of people in Hollywood like her. In the SOW article a few weeks back, Matt Ashford and a few other said they like her (in fact Matt knows her family) so I think they will have people voting. She is also more marketable.

Just an observation but I noticed many people that hated Carrie last year hate Kat this year. That is not the case necessarily here but I wonder why that is. I mean Carrie is much better in all facets but Kat can sing and has loads of talent and she has proven that. I also don't understand how people think she is smug or cocky. The judges, except Simon, always treat her like crap and never seem to give her any form of constructive criticism at all. Randy is always comparing her to great singers and contradicting himself and Paula just likes the men. Simon is the only one who seems to try to give her something to help her. Let's remember too that she grew up in LA so she may have picked up on the lifestyle of being full of oneself. She knows she is good and what I love is she has been showing personality, dancing, etc. in her performances and the judges bash her (except Simon) but they praise Taylor for dancing around and doing the same thing. I think the judges have been very unfair to Kat (again except Simon) and I read on another board a theory about why so many may hate Kat. I think its because, like Carrie, she is beautiful and has great vocals most of the time and is too perfect and people don't like that. Its too predictable. Not to say Kat is always perfect I am just talking in the general sense as far as looks and vocals like Carrie.

Oh well I am rooting for her but Taylor did impress me on his second song last night. I just can't buy him as an idol so maybe he will show me but Kat is my horse in this race.

Well I would do that for my daughter too in all fairness. I think everyone knew it was close and they were probably relieved and happy that their daughter made it.

Its funny because many people have been bringing that up on some other boards-its almost like people put Kat and her family under a microscope to find something more to bash her on. Not on this board alot but on others and I can't beleive so many people have such venom for her. It happened last year with Carrie too only many said her family were too smug. I can see not liking someone but on some of these boards people go way too overboard.

I can see why Kat's mother did that though-she was happy for her daughter who in many ways could have been voted out twice and was involved in a very close race. Taylor didn't have as much on the line-he has CD's already and would have a career. Kat needs this more then him IMO.

Archived