American Idol

Toups

• Members

Why, Mulder? Because even I, an avowed Katherine supporter, can agree that Taylor is HOT on stage. To be fair, he DOES look like he's having muscle spasms or something, sometimes, and yes, sometimes he's off key or "pitchy," as the judges say. But on tonight's show, he owned it. For the audience he's going for he OWNED it. He did well. There's no reason to not give the guy a little credit when it is certainly due.

That said, I agree about his constant shouting "soul patrol! soul patrol! soul patrol!" Shut the heck up, already, lol.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ew.

I wasn't thrilled with either Taylor or Katharine.

Sigh.

I'm not voting.

I will switch and say Taylor wins. He had the edge tonight, as much as it pains me to say that. Katharine had to absolutely NAIL each song. Sigh.

I loved Kat :(

• Members

I am with Mulder-I am about close to through with this show if Taylor wins.

IMO niether contestant nailed this down. Kat was good on her first song while Taylor was...well Taylor. I do think Taylor sang that first sgon before the week Idol did Stevie Wonder so I don't think it was a new song so there is no Taylor advantage there, although I may be wrong.

Kat was incredible on her second performance. Better then last week. I hate that Idol made both singers pick two songs they sang already. I don't mind picking one that you have sang well but two is stupid. Taylor sucked plain and simple on his second song. That showed he has no vocal range at all.

Both singles were bad but Kat's was a little better mostly because it sounded like 'A Moment Like This" and I love that song/ The judges were right-she is better then that song. Taylor was not incredible on his either and did stray off key a bit. This was the one Idol finale where I feel neither singer nailed down the title.

I would be shocked if Taylor lost but Kat still has a shot I think.

AWESOME!!!!

• Members

OK, here are my thoughts.

Round #1 KAT: Everyone knows I despise Kat and hate her guts. And I know this isn't the first time she sang it, but I do think her best song of the season was her first one tonight. It was cute, upbeat, soulful. It suited her. I liked it a lot. Probably, the best for her....in my eyes. But the sound was off. Either the forum was too big, or the volume wasn't pumped up all the way. Something. It sounded like this was her sound check or something. The sound was too faint.

ROUND #1 TAYLOR: Great. He kept the RIDICULOUS dancing to a minimum, thank God. If he didn't, I would have been too distracted to notice the song, which I thought was great.

ROUND #1 - Taylor, but not by the wide margin that the judges made it seem to be.

ROUND #2 KAT: Ehhhh. Good, again. I mean clearly I cannot say that her version of Over the Rainbow isn't good, but it's just BORING to me. Good voice, but we know she has a good voice. If they didn't have good voices, they wouldn't be there! I just don't like that song. I've heard every version by TONS of singers. It's just a boring song, IMO. Eh.

ROUND #2 TAYLOR: Why he picked this song of all his songs is beyond me. But whatevs.

ROUND #2: KAT! But not by alot......

ROUND #3 KAT: WHAT WAS THIS?! I don't know. The lyrics were boring and cliche. I felt awful for my parents. They love Kat, and she's been their fav since Pickler left. But their faces absolutely drooped and dropped when this song unfolded. I could understand why. But I wasn't surprised because I don't think she's as good as a lot of her fans do and I don't think she's as good as a lot her fan's expectations did. Also, her lyrics were....pretentious? Like she feels like she's entitled or deserves this or something? And in that sense, it was like 'I've come a long way, Mom. Do I make you proud?' As opposed to....

ROUND #3 TAYLOR: Great song. Judges said it best. What they said when translated into my head was: "Ok, you took our cheesey, corny, cliche Idol single and its lyrics and made it our own and put your soul into it and made it work!" And I agreed with it and was thinking that during his performance. His lyrics, to me, seemed more like instead of 'This is my Destiny, I deserve this.' it was more like...'I'm shy, I'm talented, I worked hard, I didn't think I could do it....you probably didn't think I could do it....do I make you proud, Dad?' which I liked more...and which I related to more.

ROUND #3: It went to Taylor, definitely. More clearly than Round 1 went to him, or more clearly than Round 2 went to her, IMO.

As to who will win.........I am not counting her out yet. Her fans are rabid/dedicated. And Simon's words could be enough to have her fans sail her through to the win.

• Members

Going into tonight, even though lots of people believed Taylor would win, I really thought Kat would shine, pull off the supposed upset and win. After watching the performances, I think they should of just declared Taylor the winner right there at the end. I thought Kat was so off tonight, and what was with the song she sang at the end? Poor Kat, why did they give her that song it was so boring, horrible just ugh. I really like her and hope she does well, but Taylor kicked her butt tonight.

• Members

hollynadine, I think that's how my parents feel. I feel bad. I want Taylor to win and wanted her to win, but I do feel bad for her, her family, and fans. :( I don't know....haha! I can't be heartless! The montages kind of made me like her tonight. Who knows why.

Really random, can anyone download "The Real Thing" by Bo Bice? I keep getting corrupted versions. :(

• Members

I felt bad for Katharine tonight and the judges basically shouting from the rooftops at the end for Taylor to win was sickening. I hate how biased they become.

I'm sadly resigned to Taylor probably winning. Katharine should win, but for some reason, people love Taylor. UGH.

He'll fade away, IMO. I truly cannot see him selling too well or actually getting awards like Kelly or Carrie or getting nominated like Fantasia. IMO, he'd fare better if he got second place. Look what happened to Clay Aiken.

• Members

Well thank you KR for yoru kind words towards us Kat fans-I knew you weren't heartless :lol:

I just watched it back and while I still think no one nailed anything I do think Taylor had a little better song to sing then Kat. Kat sang well and I think that is the key. I think she did better then Taylor overall vocally but that last song was your typical uplifting Idol finale song while Kat's song was toned down a bit. It wasn't her fault-she did the best she can and, like the judges said, she was better then that song. I feel really bad for her if she loses because of that song and I think that is what will happen.

I will give Taylor his props though-that last song was the first time in the whole competition that he showed vocal range and really put all effort in vocally rather then performance-wise. That felt like a winning moment and, even though I don't want him to win, I felt his emotion and his vocals actually touched and impressed me for once. He had to go and ruin it by repeating "Soul Patrol' like 50 times at the end which was incredibly annoying IMO.

I agree he will fade but that last song was impressive. Simon does not want Taylor to win-he has made that clear and Paula and Randy both stated that. I think Simon was using reverse psychology like he did on Scott Savol to get him out last year. He fools a singer's fanbase into thinking someone has it in the bag, in this case Taylor since he proclaimed him the winner, and they don't vote as rabidly as the other singer's fanbase, in this case Kat's. Remember how Simon said Clay won the competition but then he didn't? This vote is going to be close and I would not be shocked if something simlar happens. Clay was also last that year and he still lost so Taylor could still lose this based on Simon giving Taylor's fans false security and giving Kat's fans reason to vote even more. Ruben's single was incredibly boring while Clay's last performance was awesome and he still lost-could see a repeat like that this year. There would probably be a huge uproar though if that happened.

• Members

The fact that British boy band Westlife originally sang Ruben's single... and 100x better... did not work in his favor. Why must Simon recycle songs he's produced?

Still... regardless of who wins, I doubt they'll be as successful as Kelly or even Carrie, both were amazing on the CMAs tonight. I wasn't a big fan of anyone on AI4, but I've become a fan of Carrie.

• Members

Krypton, how could you say Kat is more deserving? Don't you think Taylor outperformed her tonight and most nights?

I san see Taylor selling a lot of records and having popular radio singles. He hits every age range and both sexes. I don't think my parents or grandparents would look twice (once the competition is over) at Kelly, Fantasia, Clay, Ruben, or Carrie....or Kat or Chris. If Taylor releases a single that's Joe Cocker-y....well that will hit the Baby Boomer generation, possibly people slightly older. People my age.....the kids who are AI fans....all ages!

He's not like Carrie, Ruben, or Fantasia where their styles are just in one genre. I think he can have an album that is diverse like Kelly C. did...originally. I think there is the POTENTIAL for Taylor to be the most beloved idol....#2 after Kelly, of course.

I haven't said that about anyone in the 5 years the show has been going. So I really think it's true with him. He's just MADE for the masses.

Archived