American Idol

Toups

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The difference this year is that he didn't state that until last night (Or did he state it before?). I know he didn't even pick Taylor to go to Hollywood. He declared Carrie the winner when she sang "Alone," whic hwas the 2nd or 3rd top 12 show.

• Members

I think the fix is in with the show. Randy said a guy was going to win and Simon makes these comments that sway voters or perhaps validates why someone is kicked off. I tried voting for Paris but couldn't get through.

I'm still happy Taylor won though.

• Members

It was a REALLY good finale.

And is it me or did all the finalists sound really good? I think song choice really did in a lot of the good ones.

I really think Taylor was the most obvious winner. Ever. I should of seen it. He stood out SO much, how could he NOT win? Congratulations to him. I actually teared up when he won. This show always gets me. I'm still not a huge fan of his, and thought Katharine sang ten times better than him tonight ...

Mandisa OWNED. Did you HEAR the applause Man-diva got? Sigh, she was out WAY too early.

I actually liked Pickles again :P She can't sing for [!@#$%^&*] and that was quite obvious :lol:

Elliot was wonderful. I keep thinking he should of won. Honestly. And aww at his mom...

I loved all the music guests. Burt Bacharach, Dionne Warwick, Mary J. Blige, Toni Braxton (she's still around?), Meatloaf (wow, I totally forgot about this dude!), Al Jarreau, etc. Phew. And PRINCE! I was stunned to see him.

Seeing Clay Aiken was hilarious. That was the most priceless moment of the entire night. And WTF was up with that boys hair? Sheesh! Holy crap he looked like [!@#$%^&*]. He sang great ... lol.

And it was awesome to see Carrie. I wasn't thrilled by her solo song, but she looked and sounded great. Think we'll ever see Kelly grace the stage again? I love her but it doesn't seem likely.

I wasn't all that thrilled with the awards they gave out, but Rhonetta, Crazy Dave and Brokenote Cowboys were good moments.

I think this was one of the better finales AI has had.

• Administrator

Okay so what kind of music with Taylor make and what audience is he going for? Adult contemporary? I highly doubt he'll have success in the pop genre. I just don't see Taylor being on any of the pop radio stations and on MTV/Muchmusic.

I still think Katherine will be the more successful of the two, also Katherine will have a film career (if she decides to pursue that).

• Members

Actually, as I've said before, I think Taylor is going to appeal to the largest audience any idol has. His singles will definitely be played on top 40 a la Edwin McCain and the like. He has the parents, the kids, the ages in between. Not even Kelly Clarkson can say that. (not the he will do as well as she has.) He'll do quite good for himself!

I can't see Kat being more successful than him. The runner-up has never outdone the winner with the exception of Clay who was robbed of the win to begin with. Kat wasn't robbed. She just didn't perform up to par with him last night.

And unless I missed it, the fact that Ryan didn't talk about how close the votes were makes me think this was the biggest margin EVER between the two. They even talked about the gap between Fantasia and Diana, even though it was the biggest one up to that point.

• Members

Well congrats to Taylor. I did get teary eyed at the end and I liked how he thanked everyone. That was really nice. I do think Kat will be more successful but Chris will beat them all anyway. Loved that they both got cars.

I loved this finale. I did not like how only the top 5 got to perform with stars (I liked it better last year with all of then singing with guest stars) but oh well. Paris and Mandisa was awesome and Chris was great. Kat sounded amazing tonight and so did Taylor. Like I said, I was actually happy for him somewhat and Kat seemed to already know anyway. I loved their duet together set to "I Had the Time of My Life." They seem to like each other alot. In fact, tonight was the first time we saw them all really close.

Loved the awards (the cowboys, that crazy guy who fell off the stage and the Clay Aiken moment were my faves) :lol: . Clay does look terrible though.

I like that they brought Carrie back liek they used to bring the returning winners back. Maybe they will start a new cycle with her coming back every year and she will come back with Taylor next year (maybe it goes in 3's with Kelly, Ruben, and Fantasia being the first 3 and Carrie starting the second). I loved the intro with Carrie leading the Idols but I did not care too much for her solo song in the middle of the show. Not one of my faves from her album.

Kat and Meat Loaf were great and I loved the judges info in the beginning ( :lol: to Simon). Prince sucked but I never like anyway and Dionne Warwick was good. The whole top 12 was good really which is weird. I guess song choice makes a difference and that seemed to be the major theme this year right to the end. The Kellie bit was actually funny with Wolfgang Puck. I actually liked her tonight.

I did notice how Simon did not stand while Paula and Randy stood for Taylor after he won. He stood initially but sat back down so clearly he wasn't happy. Oh well hope next year the right people go all the way-Idol usually has better successes in even years.

Oh and everyone knows I dislike Taylor but it was so unfair that he barely got any time at the end to do anything. I am guessing the Prince thing was last minute because Idol never gives the winner that short of a time to soak in everything. The ending just seemed rushed due to the time. They should have just dropped Prince. I also didn't like that they didn't give Kat and Taylor time to sing solo although I guess it was good since that means we didn;t have to hear the singles again (although we did hear Taylor's which I like). I just wish they got time to sing solo by themselves like usual. I also missed the dressing room chats with the judges and the singers. This was good though-not as good as last year's but second to that one.

WTH to Hasselholf crying :lol: .

Actually I understand it was rather close but Ryan was told not to comment on margins in finales anymore because of past debacles. It was not a huge margin but Taylor was the clear winner and I am fine with it. I hope he succeeds but I just don't know. I am not as confident as you-it would depend on the songs on his album. Same goes for Kat. Kat is more marketable so I still bet on her but we all know people like Chris and Mandisa will do better. Heck I think Paris could outsing both Kat and Taylor to be honest.

• Members

I'm watching it now on the West Coast, and boy is show a piece of utter trash. What exactly is the point of having a two hour long bore fest before the supposedly big reveal? The show lost all credibility to me when Paris and then Chris were voted off. Taylor as the AI? Thats even more revolting than seeing Moppet haired Clay fill my hotel television screen.

My point: Kelly is the ultimate Idol. Her track record proves it. Carrie is close behind. Everyone else should join Justin Guarini at the Washout line. My message to them is simple: stop trying to hit the snooze button on your fifteen minutes of fame!

• Members

Well I have to say that I thought it was the best final ever. I absolutely loved the song choices. The weakest moment of the night was Prince. I could have definitely done without him or if had done better songs even that would have been good.

I was like many in that I was stunned with the final 2. I am happy that Taylor got it but I did see a different final 2 making it. I do feel overall they had one of the best top 12's ever. They were all pretty strong with the exception of Chicken Little. I think we could see almost any of them with contracts in the future. Whether any of them will do as good as Kelly or Carrie is yet to be seen.

Phoenix it is funny that mention Clay Aiken looking bad. When he came out the first thing my daughters hollared was how hot he was now and they have never said that about him. My one daughter even got on the Internet afterward to see if she could find photos of him with that hairstyle and all. So I guess it is all a matter of taste. LOL

Archived