American Idol

Toups

• Members

GMAB. Kat fans are really reaching now.

And that's why he said "Taylor, you should be the next American Idol." on Tuesday??

Sorry, but Kat fans are really starting to sound like brats who didn't get things to go their way so now they want to take their ball and go home. IMO.

She lost. She deserved to lose. She didn't deserve to be in the final two. The end.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW...and I didn't like her before.lol Now I really don't. What always appealed to me about Kelly, Carrie, and even Clay was that they seemed so real, down to earth. Like someone you could hang out with on any day, and be totally comofortable. Katherine on the other hand, gave me vibes of the being the one at the party who walks around wiht her clique and takes crap about everyone else, while she makes herself the life the of party.

• Members

KR he said that because he had the better song and he knew he had it even though he didn't want him too. I knew he had it too. The reason why Kat comes off bad in these interviews is because she knew she had no shot in hell. No one did once Chris lost. Taylor never was in the bottom 3 and that means everyone was a logshot even if the vote was close. I really see nothing wrong with that interview. I mean if I made the top 2 I would be happy too. Elliot said in his exit interview that Kat hugged him after the show and they both wished each other well. There really is nothing in there but her responding to people criticizing her.

Kat wasn't even my favorite KR-Chris was. I know you hate her and you know I love you but simmer down a bit :lol: . Half of us weren't even Kat fans-she was just the better of the two. I only wanted Kat mostly because Taylor is just going to fade and everyone I have talked too said he is merely a "mediocre" singer with a big fanbase (the south got Ruben and Fantasia wins too and with them on your side that is one big fanbase) who was lucky that Kat had a crappy song and that she lost her voice in rehersals. Taylor is just as bad as Kat only he does a better job of covering up his attitude. Read his ET online interview and he is really full of himself IMO and so is Kat. I think most of them were cocky this year except Paris, Lisa, Elliot, Melissa, and maybe Mandisa. This year was horrid really. I agree Kat is a little snobbish but I would too if I lived near LA may whole life. As for her being in the final 2, she deserved it for 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow" but if Elliot had sung better or Chris or Mandisa had been there yu would be right. She would not be top 2 but Kat and Taylor were the best the night the top 3 performed.

Truthfully, I could care less about Kat or Taylor. I like Mandisa, Paris, Chris, and Elliot better. I always liked Kat but she was the only one left I invested in at the end so that is why I stuck with her. I would have been arguing the same way for any of my other faves above if they were there. This whole season was nothing but another season 3-a complete wash. All the good ones went home too soon and it would not surprise me to see Taylor and Kat flop. I do think Kat will simply beat Taylor because of her look and market value but that is dependent on her album and his.

It's funny because you had your people who like Taylor and Kat (fanbases), those that hate Kat, those that hate Taylor, and those that voted on performance (which is what its about really and what it was about last year). I honestly think more people voted against who they hated rather then the performances this year :lol: .

• Members

A backstage mole at this week's "American Idol" finals tells me at least one producer was not happy that Taylor Hicks had won.

Hicks' off-screen personality rubbed some "Idol" execs the wrong way.

Advertisement

Meantime, my spy says Andrea Bocelli was so smitten with runner-up Katharine McPhee's voice that he's made it known he wants to take her on his upcoming tour, if the "Idol" producers OK it.

And I hear Clay Aiken was not happy that he had to sing so long with Michael Sandecki, an overzealous Aiken impersonator who turned their duet into a geekfest.

• Members

Like I said before, the AI finale should not be 2 hours long. But they're charging millions for commercials, all these has-beens want to come on knowing they'll get more time in the spotlight...producers are turning what could easily be a one-hour finale into a bloated trainwreck.

• Members

I loved the whole two hours. I feel it was bloated in the past, but this year it was pure entertainment for me and getting Mary J., Prince and others is a big deal. They all now the power of Idol and the audience it attracts.

I thought the two hours flew by. In the past, the first hour was sort of a waste, but this year, they immediately started with performances.

• Members

Oh Mike, please. I'm not "reaching" for anything.

I have my opinion and like you've said numerous times, I'm entitled to it. LOL.

I like Taylor enough, but there were more talented people who got passed over. It's like Fantasia's win. She was the biggest stand out that season so she was destined to win. Same for Taylor.

The biggest giveaway to me that Taylor would win was that he was never in the bottom three OR bottom two. Kelly and Carrie weren't, either.

• Members

I don't get how everyone is considering Carrie to be "big." As far as I know, she's only big in country just like Fantasia was only big in R&B. I've yet to hear any of Carrie's songs on the radio nor do any of my friends talk about her music. How many singles has she put out so far? If I remember right, all three of Fantasia's singles were decent hits.

• Members

I'm no Carrie fan, but I do believe that within the country industry she's done well for herself. It's not as talked about as the other formats, but it sells and she's selling. In the end, I'm really happy for her. I think she's matured into a much better artist than the girl we saw win.

I always enjoyed Taylor, but Katherine will definitely be the real winner here. People talk about him being an entertainer, but the same thing could be said about Bo and look at his album! The record label won't let him have any input on this debut album and it will probably be a very bland, middle of the road, watered down version of Taylor.

If Katherine gets the right producers, she could definitely be a huge, huge pop star. BTW, I'm STILL not getting all the hate with her and think people are truly digging to make the hate logical. I read that interview and I see nothing hateful about her. Did you guys see her when she first auditioned for Idol? Doesn't exactly look like a girl who was in a popular crowd. The Hollywood Machine really did her well in the looks department. Had they not morphed her into a sex kitten, she wouldn't have lasted (despite a fantastic voice) and I'm sure nobody would be talking so nasty about her.

• Members

Isn't Kelly only big in pop? I don't know why they brought her out during the ACM awards, she seemed very uncomfortable. I think it goes back to if you're a fan or not of the country genre. I grew up about 25 miles from Checotah and went to school ten from there, so I'm a proud Okie who loves Carrie just because she's so close to my hometown, much like my best friend does but she doesn't like Country so she doesn't listen to Carrie's songs.

Carrie's debut album some hearts is currently #3 on the billboard country charts, reaching as high as number 1 and it debuted in November 2005. Yes it may have to do wtih the Idol finale etc. but last week it was #5. That said, "Jesus Take the Wheel" has been #1 on the music charts and was Single of the Year at the ACMs. I think it is just simply a matter of your taste, Carrie's songs are being played and even some pop radio stations are playing "Some Hearts" which could be her pop crossover. Country artists have been known as of late to crossover to the pop genre, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Shania Twain...I think Carrie will do the same!!

Sorry don't mean to rant...just have to defend my Okie girl!

• Administrator

I just read that Steven Spielberg wants a meeting with Katherine. Wow good for her, first George Clooney now Spielberg!

Also, Katherine is going to be collaborating with Diane Warren (I love her songs!) for her album.

• Members

Wow, Katharine and Diane Warren? AWESOME.

And a big ole :P to Katharine haters! Look at all the attention she's getting!

I think both Taylor and Kat are nice people. Katharine is obviously a little rich and probably a bit used to getting her way, but I liked both.

Go Kat!

Archived