American Idol

Toups

• Members

Could someone tell me what big hits Diane Warren has produced lately? I can see her delivering the same type of middle of the road ballads they were forced to release as their debut singles.

They should really give these people the best and most popular producers out there right now. If you look at Fantasia and Ruben's albums, with better production, they would've been better crossover artists, but all they got was middle of the road R&B production that everyone has.

Glad to see someone agrees with me! There are tons of contestants I don't like and some I DO hate, but these two haven't done anything wrong, IMO.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't hate Kat by any means!! The girl can sing, I'll give her that. I just think she came off in the beginning a little too, I don't know...I've got the whole package I'm gonna win this thing!! Nevertheless I love her song "THINK" from the CD this year.

And I love. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. Taylor. I don't think I've ever been obsessed with an Idol as much as Taylor, not even Carrie. With Taylor it's a love obsession with him. Does that make me weird??? LOL!!

• Members

Carrie appeals to the country/adult comtemporary crowd, not the MTV generation.

Her debut album "Some Hearts" was the biggest debut of any country artist in History. As well as the the fastest selling album by a female country artist in History. And she tied Faith Hill's Breath as the longest stay at #1 And she has surpassed Kelly Clarkson's debut Album by 700,000 units.

3 Billboard Music Awards

2 CMT Awards

2 Academy of Country Music Awards

3.2 Million Albums Sold

Inside Your Heaven - (#1-Hot 100) (#13-Hot AC) (#1-Pop 100)

Jesus, Take The Wheel - (#1-Country Signles) (#35-Pop 100) (#20-Hot 100) (#23-AC)

Some Hearts - (#13-Hot AC) (#22-Top 40) (#28-AC)

Don't Forget To Remember Me (#13-Country Singles *Still Climbing)

Carrie's not Big, She's HUGE right now

• Members

I love it when people make these arguments.

To clear something up, you can be "BIG" in a certain genre alone. Hell, I can't stand Ludacris and all his disgusting sex songs but I hear that he is "BIG." Never woud have guessed that if someone hadn't told me he also makes movies. Coversely, if you listen to Christian and Country radio, "Jesus Take the Wheel" is in heavy, HEAVY rotation. Also, Carrie is critically acclaimed and took home a few ACM awards, from what I hear. I call that "BIG."

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ May 27 2006, 04:06 AM)

I'm no Carrie fan, but I do believe that within the country industry she's done well for herself. It's not as talked about as the other formats, but it sells and she's selling. In the end, I'm really happy for her. I think she's matured into a much better artist than the girl we saw win.

I always enjoyed Taylor, but Katherine will definitely be the real winner here. People talk about him being an entertainer, but the same thing could be said about Bo and look at his album! The record label won't let him have any input on this debut album and it will probably be a very bland, middle of the road, watered down version of Taylor.

If Katherine gets the right producers, she could definitely be a huge, huge pop star. BTW, I'm STILL not getting all the hate with her and think people are truly digging to make the hate logical. I read that interview and I see nothing hateful about her. Did you guys see her when she first auditioned for Idol? Doesn't exactly look like a girl who was in a popular crowd. The Hollywood Machine really did her well in the looks department. Had they not morphed her into a sex kitten, she wouldn't have lasted (despite a fantastic voice) and I'm sure nobody would be talking so nasty about her.

Preach it, Chris B. There was not a DAMN thing wrong with her in that interview. She was just as sweet and direct as can be.

Although I do have a bone to pick with you. What up with her appearance on the first 'Idol' show? I literally FELL IN LOVE WITH HER AT FIRST SIGHT. She certainly wasn't a dog, as your comment suggests. McPhee was a vision of beauty. Then, they sexed her up. I preferred her the first way.

Are you KIDDING me? Wow, that is amazing for her!! I'm just a little confused, though. THey know the girl can sing, but how do they know if she can ACT? That's what worries me..

Expertly put, Rick! EXPERTLY put!

• Members

Larry King interviewed both Katharine and Taylor, and from what I hear, Katharine came off as quite the snotty little !@#$%^&*]. It seems already she is acting like a sore loser, thinking she could win AI with shaking her boobs and humping the stage. The more I keep hearing about her prissy attitude, the more I'm certain America made the right choice in voting for Taylor.

Oh, and Carrie is extremely popular with country radio. They play Jesus Take the Wheel a lot on my local country station. Just because she hasn't blown out the pop market yet doesn't mean she's nothing. Despite my lack of love for modern country music, the pop market is not the only type of music that counts.

• Members

Me too!! I would buy CDs from all three of the finalists, as well as Paris, Mandisa and Kellie (just because she's country)!!

You know who I really wish would do an album...VONZELL from Season 4!! I love her!

• Members

Sorry Bree, but I'm going to have to see a transcript. somebody will have to prove to me that Katherine is a "snotty little !@#$%^&*]," as you say, before I believe it. Because unless there's proof, I just think some people are trying to see things that aren't really there. It's ALL part of the political machine against Katherine, who, by the way, rocks the casbah!

• Members

Katherine wasn't bitchy at all, she simply answered most of the questions. The same exact thing happened when Ruben won and no one's calling Clay a bitch. The one I've heard has been rubbing people the wrong way in interviews is Chris. I haven;t actually seen them, but I did read that he had to release a statement making sense of some of his comments.

I probably wasn't clear, but yeah she wasn't a dog, but not the beauty queen she blossomed into. She was a very plain girl for California and probably wasn't one of the popular kids at her school. When she started on Idol, she sang torch songs and seemed like a bit of an old soul. This is why I think the judges were raving about her in the early weeks as it was the only thing to put her on the map. Once she made the top 12 and they go stylists, she became a vampy sex pot and I think this is what has rubbed some people the wrong way.

Still, her personality comes off more nervous and shy than bitchy.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ May 28 2006, 10:33 PM)

Katherine wasn't !@#$%^&*]y at all, she simply answered most of the questions. The same exact thing happened when Ruben won and no one's calling Clay a !@#$%^&*]. The one I've heard has been rubbing people the wrong way in interviews is Chris. I haven;t actually seen them, but I did read that he had to release a statement making sense of some of his comments.

I probably wasn't clear, but yeah she wasn't a dog, but not the beauty queen she blossomed into. She was a very plain girl for California and probably wasn't one of the popular kids at her school. When she started on Idol, she sang torch songs and seemed like a bit of an old soul. This is why I think the judges were raving about her in the early weeks as it was the only thing to put her on the map. Once she made the top 12 and they go stylists, she became a vampy sex pot and I think this is what has rubbed some people the wrong way.

Still, her personality comes off more nervous and shy than !@#$%^&*]y.

Oh, well then I completely agree, 100 percent. That 'old soul' disposition also was endearing for me. I fell in love with her the second after she sang "God Bless the Child." I loved her appearance. Loved everything about her. I still like her as the "beauty queen" you say her "Idol" stylists brought out in her, but I prefer her a little more natural. I think how turnaround also helped in how some people view her negatively. The sad truth is, some people don't trust beautiful people. Their jealousy over the other person's looks completely overshadows the person's personality. In a way, McPhee's makeover was her curse. It helped her stage presence but it also drew the green eyed monsters out of the woodwork. :(

• Members

RIGHT!! My friend and I went to the AI:4 concert and I was like screaming the whole time VON--ZELL. She is so pretty and had the cutest little yellow flowy dress on!!!! I wish it had been Carrie vs. Vonzell in the finale last year!!!

Archived